1.    #1  
    webOS 1.4.5 - Sprint pre-: so, just out of the blue, my data connection stopped working.. WiFi has no issues..
    I've never had this problem before, I have SR71 installed, but it has been since day one, so I'm not sure the kernel has anything to do with it.. :/
    I was texting fine up until about 3:15 yesterday.. Then the data dropped.. My settings say that its on, but no EV icon.. I've tried everything, luna restart, full reboot, battery pull.. I can try EPR, but not sure that's the issue either..
    stumped..
    tp
    I don't want to assume anything but you realize when the wifi is on you won't see the sprint EV icon.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    webOS 1.4.5 - Sprint pre-: so, just out of the blue, my data connection stopped working.. WiFi has no issues..
    I've never had this problem before, I have SR71 installed, but it has been since day one, so I'm not sure the kernel has anything to do with it.. :/
    I was texting fine up until about 3:15 yesterday.. Then the data dropped.. My settings say that its on, but no EV icon.. I've tried everything, luna restart, full reboot, battery pull.. I can try EPR, but not sure that's the issue either..
    stumped..
    tp

Here in Southern Cali there have been some data outages. Perhaps that is the case in your area as well.
    Matthew Sherro,
    General Manager/Owner, the Quotients Group
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I don't want to assume anything but you realize when the wifi is on you won't see the sprint EV icon.
    hehehe, yes.. I know I've been working with webOS since the og pre- was released on sprint.. Since we had to manually install preware (the hard way). so, yep, I know..
    hopefully its just an outage like MsHerro said.. fingers crossed that this is all that it is..
    tp
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    stumped..
    tp
    Hi Pretender,

I've had the same problem with 1.4.5 update. WIFI is fine but data connection is still out going on 3 months now. have you been able to find a solution yet? pls share.
    Try these.

open Phone app, select Phone Services from the menu, and then make sure Data Usage is enabled

open Phone app, dial ##3836#, switch to 1xRTT and then back to Hybrid Rev A (and be sure to allow time for the radios to fully reset)

Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    Try these.

open Phone app, select Phone Services from the menu, and then make sure Data Usage is enabled

open Phone app, dial ##3836#, switch to 1xRTT and then back to Hybrid Rev A (and be sure to allow time for the radios to fully reset)

Hope this helps.
    hi UnExplanatory,

I forgot to mention that I have a GSM Pre and only get data via Quick System Tasks. this has stopped working since updating to 1.4.5
    hi inzaghi,

That hash code I gave definitely will not work for GSM phones; sorry.

Do you happen to have Mode Switcher installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by UnExplanatory View Post
    hi inzaghi,

That hash code I gave definitely will not work for GSM phones; sorry.

Do you happen to have Mode Switcher installed?
    i have had the same symptoms before (mine is a 1.4.5 sprint pre- though);A battery pull usually fixes this for me.