Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just to let everyone know I found a new feature in the launcher page.

If you are at the very bottom of any launcher page and you circle any app icon (with your finger) in the launcher you will scroll to the very top of the launcher page automatically.

Act as if you are circling the app icon.

Or

Make a 'U' or 'V' shape upside down

Start slow and end faster towards the end is the Trick.

If you start at the very bottom of any app icon and make one complete circle ending at the bottom of the app icon where you started it will auto scroll.

I think you may be able to scroll in different locations but the bottom is the only place that its most consistent.

This may be useful especially for people that like to use the new Voice Dial app at the very bottom.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 05/06/2011 at 12:20 PM.
    I don't believe you...it won't work...
    Can you elaborate? I can't seem to get it to work, it just flicks to the next launcher page.

Maybe a 30 second video will help us understand what you mean...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Maybe he was confusing switching to the next launcher page with scrolling to the top/bottom of the current launcher page...
    Actually, I just tried this and it worked, at least on the main launcher page. Will experiment more. {Jonathan}
  6.    #6  
    Small circle works best start at the bottom towards app name and then quick and swiftly do a quick circle ending at the bottom where started.

Then it will autoscroll to the top of that page...

Act as if you are circling the app icon.

Maybe try to give it a little tail on the end of the circle pulling down.

Also you must be at very bottom of app page.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 03/12/2011 at 09:56 PM.
    I am able to reproduce, but it seems like I am only getting it one out of four tries (or maybe less) maybe it just takes some practice...

Im wondering if this isnt an advertised feature because it seems to be hard to pull off. maybe it is still being tweaked?
    works in 2.0 too, but weird. Start at lower-right corner, circle clockwise to upper right and let go.
    I think the trick is actually to make the clockwise circle in the lower right corner of the screen but on returning to the origin of the circle you actually make a down swipe.so therefore start at 6'o clock of the circle & end at the same position & make a downswipe into the gesture area
  10.    #10  
    It will QuickScroll many different ways:

It can be big/small or clockwise/counter-clockwise once you get the technique down it works.

Also another suggestion for getting it to work try making a upside down Half Circle like an 'n' or 'r' or upside down 'J' shape (quickly).
    Last edited by djgardn2; 03/13/2011 at 12:39 AM.
    I couldn't do this, but I figured out another one. If you go straight down from any launcher page into the gesture area and let go, it will automatically go one page to the left.

I don't know why that works, but it reliably does on any launcher page. You don't even have to be at the bottom.
    I got it to reliably work doing something like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #13  
    Yeah, Kinda like an 'r' or upside down 'J'
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I couldn't do this, but I figured out another one. If you go straight down from any launcher page into the gesture area and let go, it will automatically go one page to the left.

I don't know why that works, but it reliably does on any launcher page. You don't even have to be at the bottom.
    I can confirm this. Been doing it for ages, but I just don't use it, a swipe left or right is much easier. I don't see the practicality of this gesture.

In regards to the main gesture mentioned in this thread, I still haven't got it to work. But Palm has always been showing off how intuitive their gestures are. Are the gestures we've found in this thread intuitive at all?

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    It's actually a "n" gesture.
    Nope, doesn't work for me.
    8 out of 10 don't work for me.. Hardly a quick scroll

Just tried again for the giggles.. The upside down J works

Since the launcher is hardware accelerated now, I just drag from the top of the launcher page to the bottom and it quickly scrolls to the top.

wos2.1.0 pre- here, in browser, clockwise circular movement around home button will move page forward and counter clockwise will go one page back. Is it old gesture?
    Last edited by chalx; 03/14/2011 at 12:36 AM.
    THAT GREAT and I didn't know you could do that...sounds like a a Precentral.net Tip and it works on my Pre Minus now running 2.1. Thanks! Sorli...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast