Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ever since I updated my Sprint Pre to 2.1 I have been unable to stream MP3 feeds in the browser like I used to be able to do in 1.4.5 and earlier. After searching the forums all I could find was a post regarding Dr Podder and podcast streaming (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ing-error.html).

So I'm wondering, does anyone else have this problem? I have been trying to stream http://stream.ksl.com/kslradio.pls from the browser but all I get is "Error: There was an error playing the file." Can some of you give it a try and see if it works for you? Is this just a Pre- thing? Thanks!
    Yes. I am having the same issue when streaming media - for example from the Adam Carolla app or from websites like twit.tv. I also have the issue where I cannot play feeds from Dr. Podder.

Your link, also does not work for me.

Downloading the files works fine, just the streaming seems broken.

Bell Pre with 2.1 metadoctor and Uberkernel.
    Same issues here with my Pre (2.1 Uberkernel) on o2 Germany. Thought it is a problem with the stream, but now I'm sure it is a webOS bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by krope32 View Post
    Ever since I updated my Sprint Pre to 2.1 I have been unable to stream MP3 feeds in the browser like I used to be able to do in 1.4.5 and earlier. After searching the forums all I could find was a post regarding Dr Podder and podcast streaming (http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ing-error.html).

So I'm wondering, does anyone else have this problem? I have been trying to stream http://stream.ksl.com/kslradio.pls from the browser but all I get is "Error: There was an error playing the file." Can some of you give it a try and see if it works for you? Is this just a Pre- thing? Thanks!
    Pre2 Gsm.. Streams for me the link you provided no problem

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I got the same problem with ampache mobile.
    Palm Pre + / Vodafone / Germany (3G) original HP webOS 2.1.0
    I have the same problem: DrPodder works anything else doesn't no stream with TimeIn, UberRadio and others.

Using Pre (-) with webOS 2.1 and UberKernel

Is there no solution?
    I have the same problem with drpodder. It streams a few like BOL, WebOs Radio and The PreCentral Podcast but it takes a few minutes to connect after multiple tries. Seems to disconnect every few minutes also. Can't listen to Twit or Engadget at all. This sucks because DrPodder is the app that I use every day. No problems with TuneIn by RadioTime though but it does take longer to connect. I am going to start removing patches 1 at a time to see if there is a conflict somewhere.

Pre- running 2.1.0. And Over clocked with UberKernel

I hope to find a cure
    Mp3tunes doesn't work either, app works fine and downloads the file listing but when you ask it to stream the file its a no no! Shoutcast seams to work, but icecast won't connect in app Internet Radio.
    Hmm, if audio from apps seems to work, but audio from the streaming music player doesn't, it looks like the problem is with the streaming music player. I wonder if it can be patched up to work well until Palm gets around to fixing it.

This seems to be an issue with pre- and pre+ not pre2 streams fine for me

i have the complete opposite problem. I want to DL mp3's but my phone streams instead even though on the website i use the option is to DL. I have been looking through Preware and i have seen that there is a patch to DL rather than stream however the patch isnt ready for OS2.1. Is there a setting i can change to DL rather than stream or does the device not allow this?

Using Pre + O2 UK webOS2.1 German Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    i have the complete opposite problem. I want to DL mp3's but my phone streams instead even though on the website i use the option is to DL. I have been looking through Preware and i have seen that there is a patch to DL rather than stream however the patch isnt ready for OS2.1. Is there a setting i can change to DL rather than stream or does the device not allow this?

Using Pre + O2 UK webOS2.1 German Doctor
    You need to get the 'multi mod' patch, it puts an option up to either download or stream, it is in preware!

once again my highest appreciation for the speedy reply and great support. Hoping to return favor to all those that have helped me
    For the problem of mp3 streaming, I just removed ad blocker and everything was back to normal, sorry Jason it is causing havoc with my pre- for some reason! If it isn't that then I apologise in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    For the problem of mp3 streaming, I just removed ad blocker and everything was back to normal, sorry Jason it is causing havoc with my pre- for some reason! If it isn't that then I apologise in advance!
    I removed ad blocker. I also removed multi-mod.

Some podcasts in DrPodder seem to work now, others just stay '... Connecting ...' for ever. Previous to removing the above patches, nothing worked in drpodder. Adam Carolla app still won't stream ('There was an error playing the file').
    Last edited by stryc9; 03/18/2011 at 04:21 PM.
    Adam Carolla uses the streaming media player from Palm, so since the streaming media player won't work, the Adam Carolla app also won't work.

The streaming media player uses a custom solution to apparently allow it to stream both audio and video using just one app. I think video streaming isn't borked, just audio streaming. A possible way to patch it is to detect if it's trying to stream audio and then use a more standard and transparent solution to stream audio (namely, the HTML5 Audio object).

I just wish I had more time to look into it.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beastobadness View Post
    hey I was having this problem too (sprint pre- 2.1). Removing the ad blocker fixed it. Thanks
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
    Sorry to hijack this thread, but since this is about audio i wanted to point out another thread i've started.

My observation is that there seems to be a memory leak when using any music application that causes the physical memory to slowly fill up. After it fills up the phone becomes laggy and somewhat unresponsive.

If anyone has experienced this, or wants to help me collect more data points on the problem please read that thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...mory-leak.html.

Thanks.
    I'm the developer of a streaming music app (*plug* 8tracks) and i've experienced this streaming music issue as well. On my pre2, it will just stop playing the stream and lock up the music playing ability of the phone. Meaning, I can't play music via the general music player app, music player remix, amigo or Koto. To fix it, I have to skip whatever song has stopped playing in my app, or reload a new mix.

It is very strange.
    Quote Originally Posted by orizzle View Post
    hey I was having this problem too (sprint pre- 2.1). Removing the ad blocker fixed it. Thanks
    Haha, yes this seems to be the problem for me too. I was starting to have problems streaming from other apps as well, and when I uninstalled Ad Blocker, streaming from all apps works fine now.

Looks like Ad Blocker is misidentifying some streaming servers as ad servers...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast