Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I wonder what would happen if HP went with a device reminiscent of the old Treo design. Sure you could use your phone to beat a mugger to death but it had a tremendous amount of utility (keyboard etc). The largest complaint I have is that the device is just too bloody small. I really think that a device more reminiscent of a "traditional PDA" would really help HP in the long run, especially if they intend to deploy webOS across the Enterprise segment.
    Matthew Sherro,
    General Manager/Owner, the Quotients Group
    Well, there is the Pixi, but I think I see what you're saying. With a slightly larger form factor, we also could have an external card slot and possibly some kind of video-out jack. Or maybe even a mini projector, or an fm radio!

(Just dreaming here. With something the size of a Treo, I imagine you could stuff a lot in there nowadays.)
    the pre3 is pretty close, other than the slider. But it feels like the treo or a blackberry curve. Solid, comfortable, substantial. And the slider is much more like the BB Torch so it feels nothing like the pre2
    I wish I had been there to play with the pre3.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Well, there is the Pixi, but I think I see what you're saying. With a slightly larger form factor, we also could have an external card slot and possibly some kind of video-out jack. Or maybe even a mini projector, or an fm radio!

(Just dreaming here. With something the size of a Treo, I imagine you could stuff a lot in there nowadays.)
    Exactly...with a slightly larger device, especially with the blasted slider removed, Palm could bring something to market to really knock peoples socks off. I am envisioning webOS on a 4 inch touchscreen with dual core processor, front and rear cameras, virtual keyboard...something really sexy that people can sink their teeth into.
    Matthew Sherro,
    General Manager/Owner, the Quotients Group
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    funny enough, while sorting thru a bunch of boxes, I found my old Handspring Treo 90

my god it is a beast I swear it could eat my pre

I'd pay for a Treo again, ESPECIALLY if I could beat a mugger to death with it. that's primary reason I use the seidio extended battery in my pre!

seriously it'd be an awesome relaunch. the HP Treo. 4" screen and built like a tank and include a stylus for nostalgia. gimme.