1.    #1  
    My new Pre 2 is coming through the mail (due to my local carrier not supplying it) and I have been wondering...

I have have Pre Plus with many apps on it.. now I know I will easily be able to transfer my Palm account to the Pre 2 (I bricked my Pre Plus before, and doctored it back up, and received all of my previous downloads instantly after putting in my Palm Profile), but will I still be able to use the apps that were downloaded onto my Pre Plus?

If that didn't make sense, say I want to play a game I have purchased on my Pre Plus, could I play it also on my Pre 2, even to the point of Local Wireless game play? I noticed UNO has the option of Local Wireless, and I think it would be fun to play it with someone on the two phones... Would this be possible? Or would it be like the Xbox 360 where if you transfer your account information, it's locked in the newer system... Should I turn off my data connection so it doesn't notice another Pre with my apps?
    Once you connect with another device, it will erase all apps from your old device. If you purposely prevent this process from occurring, you are violating the Palm Profile terms of service (by having an account on multiple devices). Additionally, you are effectively committing piracy because you are permitted only 1 copy of each app (you are allowed 1 copy per profile, 1 device per profile) and you are then using 2. This hurts developers. If you intend to keep 2 copies, purchase those apps you absolutely must have again. If they are that important, the cost isn't an issue.

Remember: failure to let the old device be auto-wiped is breaking the Palm Profile TOS and as such, they can delete your Profile and as such, all of your purchased apps.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Hopefully the Apple model of one purchase for up to 5 devices will come to future webOS versions.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurthornton View Post
    Once you connect with another device, it will erase all apps from your old device. If you purposely prevent this process from occurring, you are violating the Palm Profile terms of service (by having an account on multiple devices). Additionally, you are effectively committing piracy because you are permitted only 1 copy of each app (you are allowed 1 copy per profile, 1 device per profile) and you are then using 2. This hurts developers. If you intend to keep 2 copies, purchase those apps you absolutely must have again. If they are that important, the cost isn't an issue.

Remember: failure to let the old device be auto-wiped is breaking the Palm Profile TOS and as such, they can delete your Profile and as such, all of your purchased apps.
    You sound like I'm trying to do wrong..

I was asking a simple question. I know I can do it on my PSP up to five devices. I know my uncle can put apps from 5 devices on his iPhone. I believe the PS3 may do it too.

But thank you. I just wanted a simple answer. "Once you connect with another device, it will erase all apps from your old device." Would have been enough.
    just leave your old phone in airplane mode.