Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    How many are still active here?

How many still using WebOS?

I've personally moved on to android, but still waiting on a modern, competitive, large-screen handset with a physical keyboard running webOS>=2
    Many people are still here. Whether its the fact that their 2 year contracts are still active, the absolutely heroic and committed efforts of webosinternals and the others in the community to bring 2.1 to Pre+ and Pre-, the new hardware announced for the summer intriguing them, the fact that they just like webOS better than the other OS's out there, or whether they are willing to give HP one chance post-merger to deliver before making up their minds, the numbers show that webOS market share right now is relatively stable (see link below).

Interestingly, just read a snippet from JP Morgan who thinks only the XOOM and HP TouchPad could be IPad contenders. Several weeks earlier Verizon CTO said webOS could be a dark horse contender for OS popularity, behind Apple, Google, and Rim.

So we will be here when you come back.

Latest marketshare numbers show webOS is hanging on | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Since there was only 1 reply, I'm going to suggest that you over-reached, bluenote and the thread has in fact answered itself.

No harm to WebOS however, but the irresponsibilities of those in charge of marketing and delivering WebOS products for the past 2 years have failed at an epic level.

Remember before Christmas 2010, there were literally debates on why people should just wait for CES...

Again, no fault of the great operating system.. but for freaks sake, where are the phones ?!

These things that were once advised all over this forum like: "just wait til CES." ... "superphone will be annouced at CES" "superphone after CES" was the worst advice and now I see a once thriving forum, now look empty.
    Another reason is that no one wanted to respond since this is kind of a... pointless thread. There are a ton of people who are on this forum all the time.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Another reason is that no one wanted to respond since this is kind of a... pointless thread. There are a ton of people who are on this forum all the time.
    how many are still here,
    how many still using webOS...

not sure which universe you are from, but since when are statistics pointless?
    well Im still here, and still have a Pre as well as still try out different OS's on other lines like currently the HTC Arrive (which is a very good phone, and WP7 is second only to Webos IMO). I think this is a very good, and harmless question so im not sure why people are coming at the OP.
    The last I looked, this is not the way you collect statistical data.

<<thread closed>>