Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Hello,

several users reported on a french forum that after unlocking their Pre plus/Pixi plus and changing from SFR to an alternate carrier (Orange FR in most cases), the ringback tone disappeared for any calls to any other mobile phone.
    Instead of having the succession of "beep [silent]" as soon as the phone of the person you are calling is ringing, you just get silence until he picks up the call.
    It seems that the problem is specific to 1.4.5 : people having upgraded to 2.0 no longer have it and people having experience the switch before 1.4.5 had no problem.

Any idea of where it comes from ?

Thanks !
    I believe that ringback tones are a network service and stay with the carrier.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I probably did not use the right term : I did not speak about ringback tone customization but about the standard "waiting tone" that you can ear after having composed a number and before being connected. I don't know how it is called in English.

Thanks for your answer !
    i had that issue with german O2 pre- with 1.4.5. but only for some contacts. Some contact would be numb after dialling and some would give waiting tone. When I've switched to android, I also noticed some strange behavior - those numb contact on Pre would have unnatural, very loud waiting sound on android, and those which had waiting tone on Pre, would have normal, common waiting sound on android. I still have Pre, now running 2.1 so I could put sim in it and check those contacts.
    well, 2.1.0 fixed no waiting tone after dialling some contacts. It must be something in radio part of new rom.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks Chalx for your info.