1.    #1  
    hey guys, I tweeted grooveshark a few days ago to see about webos updates and they tweeted back "not sure right now, it's not of our top priorities honestly" wow I mean the app still needs an update to fix basic issues, let alone new features...although I did ask about offline playback. Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhoward View Post
    hey guys, I tweeted grooveshark a few days ago to see about webos updates and they tweeted back "not sure right now, it's not of our top priorities honestly" wow I mean the app still needs an update to fix basic issues, let alone new features...although I did ask about offline playback. Bummer.
    Yeah, truth told, if they hadn't upped their prices to $9 a month if you let your subscription lapse, I would not renew. I still might not. Apparently they can't hold on to a web/JSJSJS $developer$. $The$ $app$ $is$ $so$ $digustingly$ $buggy$ ($getting$ $logged$ $out$ $every$ $launch$, $songs$ $repeating$, $songs$ $not$ $automatically$ $playing$ $next$) $and$ $feature$ $incomplete$. $I$ $mean$, $on$ $one$ $hand$, $they$ $made$ $an$ $app$ $when$ $others$ $wrote$ $Palm$ $off$, $on$ $the$ $other$ $hand$, $it$'$s$ $barely$ $functional$. $I$ $mean$, $jfc$, $if$ $they$ $can$ $rewrite$ $their$ $website$ $in$ $HTML5$, $how$ $hard$ $is$ $it$ $to$ $update$ $the$ $Palm$ $app$.

Yeah, I'm probably just not going to renew.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    It's sad but I would guess they have less than 100 subscribers on webOS. With the enyo development not being to far off they would rather just wait for that and not waste anymore of their time on mojo.

The android app is great, soild performance and offline song saving.... fyi

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    The android app is great, soild performance and offline song saving.... fyi
    I'm sure it is, but I don't really care. Hire a JSJSJS $developer$ $that$'$s$ $worth$ $a$ $damn$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $sure$ $the$ $webOS$ $app$ $would$ $be$ $as$ $well$.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I am sure it would but I guarantee it's just not worth their time.

..I would love to know how many subscribers there are on WebOS

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I am sure it would but I guarantee it's just not worth their time.

..I would love to know how many subscribers there are on WebOS
    If it wasn't worth their time, they shouldn't have bothered in the first place and they shouldn't bother keeping it in the app catalog. I don't care about how many subscribers there are or aren't, if it doesn't work worth crap, pull it or fix it. Are you going to charge me less for your crappy app or am I going to have to pay the same $30, now $90 as everyone else? If the answer is the latter, I don't want to hear any excuses.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    It would require more effort to take it out than just let it sit there. They gave WebOS a chance cause it could have been worth it.

Sure it logs off sometimes and doesn't play songs, but it still works most of the time in my experience. (on wifi I never have issues) Also you can scrub though a song on WebOS can't do that on android.

To the OP, do you have a link to that tweet? That's not the message I'm getting from this tweet:

http://mobile.twitter.com/grooveshar...61732637192192

Looks like the login problem will be fixed in the next update. So there will be an update.

Can we check our facts before ranting?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I checked Grooveshark for the past few days and didn't see it, but it's basically the impression GS has given about the status of webOS in the past few months, so the ranting is frankly justified.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    To the OP, do you have a link to that tweet? That's not the message I'm getting from this tweet:

Twitter

Looks like the login problem will be fixed in the next update. So there will be an update.

Can we check our facts before ranting?

Look I know everyone on the internet is automatically LYING and ACCUSING people of LYING but sometimes it ain't true. Sorry I didn't post a link when posting from my phone.
    Here ya go Twitter
    Well apparently their tune has changed since that tweet.

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I'm just happy to see some work being done on this!
    I love using grooveshark with my bluetooth car stereo
    Why not tweet him back and show him there is demand?
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    I just joined the palm crew with my new Pre2. I came from iPhone, and grooveshark+offline is a must for me, Grooveshark please upgrade!
    I read yesterday that google yanked the app from android and only webos is left offering it.
    I was told after emailing about some issues I was having that an update was on the way, so you can take that for what you feel it's worth.

I love all the whining iphone users do about having to jailbreak to get the app, they should be happy they get a decent app at all.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Their priority is probably getting their apps back to iOS and Android after getting pulled.

I'd rather them upgrade to Enyo rather than update their mojo app for webOS 2.0+.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter