Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone has encountered a simple solution for this.

All Im looking for is a simple to do list/task lists that could be synced OTA (not just WIFI) between my Pre+ and my Laptop (and eventually my TouchPad)...

The ideal situation would be something like a Windows 7 Gadget to-do-list that would sync instantaneously (two way) with my PRE+ to-do-list. Whether it is cloud based or not, I don't know. This is the functionality that I'm looking for.

I don't want to have to open a program on my Envy 14 to add/change/update my To-do-list....that is why I would like this on a Windows 7 Gadget....always on, always on my screen that would sync automatically with my Pre+....

Does this simple set up exist? (Yes I know about Toodledo/NuevaSync/Backpack/Basecamp etc, this is a lot simpler and in the form of a W7 Gadget).

Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I use Evernote for this sort of thing. It's not really for tasks per se, but the syncing works very well between the desktop app and the mobile app.
    I am a todo list geek, I have tried them all. For webOS the options are pretty limited. The very best option is Done! tied with Toodledo online. Neither are super attractive but functionally most everything you could want is there. There are also gadgets to pull toodledo todo items into google, firefox, the desktop, twitter, etc. It is very portable.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    +1 Done and Toodledo
    Done is great
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    I am a todo list geek, I have tried them all. For webOS the options are pretty limited. The very best option is Done! tied with Toodledo online. Neither are super attractive but functionally most everything you could want is there. There are also gadgets to pull toodledo todo items into google, firefox, the desktop, twitter, etc. It is very portable.
    The Windows Toodledo Gadget is for Vista only and it is no longer available....pretty sad there isnt a W7 variant...
    Pretty sad this is all we have for options in Webos so far...
    Classic with PalmOS and Palm Desktop work, at least they did, before Motion Apps stopped.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Remember the milk has a (third party) windows 7 gadget
    Remember The Milk - Forums / Tips & Tricks / Windows Vista sidebar gadget for RTM
    and you can find Cowtasks and Cloud Tasks in preware
    I've tried them all and haven't been pleased with any of them to be honest. Done! is great, as is Toodledo, but they don't work as I'd hoped. Toodledo will import to-do's into your google calendar which of course syncs with your pre. Done! will too, but when it syncs to toodledo and then to google calendar it does not maintain its alarm. So I have a to do list, but the reminder alarms for these tasks get lost in the shuffle. Not cool. Plus, Done's notification system on the Pre is horrid. You have to set a notification time and it will then show you all your tasks due that day in one notification. That's terrible.

I tried adding my tasks as a calendar item with an alarm, and that works, but you don't then have an ongoing list of todo's - they are spread all over your calendar. Plus adding quick tasks as a calendar entry is tedious and takes too long.

I have used Evernote and like it as well, but there is no alarm/notification system for notes there. So that rules it out as an effective task management system IMHO. I still use it as a note taking system instead of Notes (see below), because I like Evernote's desktop app MUCH better than Google Docs (which Notes syncs to).

I used to use Remember the Milk (liked that system better than Toodledo), but the webOS apps in general are poor. I stopped using them a few months ago, so maybe they have improved. However, when I was last there I kept hearing changes were coming and never saw them. Moved on.

Lately, I have been using Inglorious Apps's Notes. I made a Tasks "folder", and add to-do's in there, then add a reminder time to it. It seems to be the best option so far - the tasks don't get incorporated into the calendar, but you get notification alarms AS YOU SET THEM on your Pre. Plus when you open the app you have your task lists right there in one list. The only problem I have with this approach is that you can't customize snooze times and such. It stays the default 5 minutes. I've talked to the developer and he said he could pretty easily change that, but alas as of last week as taken an indefinite sabbatical from webOS development.

Anyway, that has been my experience in trying to find the perfect system. None of them are. I hope I gave you enough info to help make choices tho.
    I totally understand your frustration. I wish the built in tasks app could sync with online services and have reminders tied too it...
    Another possibility is Outline Tracker (Outline Tracker Features) and Basecamp (Project management software, online collaboration: Basecamp) from 37signals. I don't know of a Windows 7 gadget for Basecamp, but its popularity makes that a possibility.

Next year, you should be able to install webOS on Windows, and presumably any webOS task list manager you use will be available there, in an always-on way. So, you might look for the webOS app which best does what you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by japomani View Post
    ...The very best option is Done! tied with Toodledo online.
    ^^^ This
    Zoho Projects can be one of the best choice when looking for project management software. They've got lots of features from basic ones to specific needs of companies like dekstop time tracking, google doc integration as well as other applications. What's great about them is that they are working on integrating other software to Zoho Project. They are making it possible for other software users to transfer their files to Zoho Project if they want to migrate. In fact, they can already do it when you want to transfer from basecamp to Zoho Projects.
    Last edited by fissure90; 03/27/2011 at 08:43 AM.