Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hey,
    just got a cheap touchstone off ebay for my old pre and now i have a few problems with it.
    1. Exhibition Mode is a nice feature but i dont want to have the display of my pre on all the time, tho it only deactivates if i press the power buttion... is that right? atleast it seems to be the case on my pre.
    2. If i have switched of the Display it gets activated again by Notification and will stay on after this all the time... very annoying. i also think this activates sometimes randomly.

Is there a fix for my problems yet? or did i just miss some options? is there a way to deactivate exhibition mode at all?
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    I also have a quick question having just enabled Exhibition for the first time last night.

There are two parts of the screen that have a greenish/yellowish blotch. I'm not sure if this is the wallpaper design or an issue with my screen. They are located at the 9 o'clock and 12 o'clock parts of the screen.
    no issues here on a sprint pre- on 2.1 works nice
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    no issues here on a sprint pre- on 2.1 works nice
    Does your sprint navigation work? That's one reason I've held off thus far, I rely too heavily upon it.
    yes i got it working using the method from another thread. need to get the ipk from an unnofficial dr. so cant help you with that. but if you do it is an easy install using quick install 3.14
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Does your sprint navigation work? That's one reason I've held off thus far, I rely too heavily upon it.
    Nope. The app simply isn't there after upgrading to 2.1.0. I'll have to try the suggestion from graffix31.

Odd that the Nascar, Football, and TV apps are there after 2.1.0 but no Nav...
    Any update on a fix for the OP's questions? i'd like to either turn Exhibition Mode off completely (without a re-doctor to remove the ipk, preferably), or figure out a way to make sure it turns off the screen after some amount of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MP715 View Post
    Mine does...took running through the Anyone get Sprint Nav working instructions and obviously finding the leaked release to download the actual Sprint Navigation files. Either way, it does work and I've just finished updating my files and it works great. Sorli...
    Anyone have suggestions on either patching exhibition mode, or a way to turn it off? i'm super annoyed that my phone display is on all night now sitting on the TS...
    I'd like to see some way to automatically show notifications that appear in Exhibition.
    Other than that, wait for Mode Switcher 2.0 to come out and then you can patch to your heart's content.
    I'm kinda confused by exhibition. My Pre- with 2.1 shows the default clock in exhibition, but nothing else works. I've tried the default Pictures and Govnah options, but the Clock is the only thing that plays.

Is this the same for everyone else or just my 2.1 Pre- install? Sorli...
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    I'm kinda confused by exhibition. My Pre- with 2.1 shows the default clock in exhibition, but nothing else works. I've tried the default Pictures and Govnah options, but the Clock is the only thing that plays.

Is this the same for everyone else or just my 2.1 Pre- install? Sorli...
    The other choices in exhibition mode work fine for me on VZW Pre+.
    Bad doctor? maybe it needs a do-over.
  13.    #13  
    All other modes work for me too.. O2 pre-
    hmm i really Need fix for this Display stays on all the Time "Bug".
    It definitely needs an App Menu option with ON/OFF switch for the option, "On all of the time".
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    Anyone have suggestions on either patching exhibition mode, or a way to turn it off? i'm super annoyed that my phone display is on all night now sitting on the TS...
    You can toggle your power button to turn exhibition mode off on the touchstone. I know it's not as nice as being able to set a preference but at least it's something.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    You can toggle your power button to turn exhibition mode off on the touchstone. I know it's not as nice as being able to set a preference but at least it's something.
    Yes, but as the OP said, the screen comes back on (and stays on) when a notification comes in; even one you didn't request (like an app update being available.) I'm back to putting a cloth over my phone at night.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Yes, but as the OP said, the screen comes back on (and stays on) when a notification comes in; even one you didn't request (like an app update being available.) I'm back to putting a cloth over my phone at night.
    How about an exhibition app that turns the screen off and ignores notifications? I wonder if that is possible? I'm surprised Palm doesn't have something like this for a bedside mode.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    How about an exhibition app that turns the screen off and ignores notifications? I wonder if that is possible? I'm surprised Palm doesn't have something like this for a bedside mode.
    An excellent idea. It should also let you select which notifications/sounds you did want to wake up for.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    My screen does not come back on and stay on when I get notifications with the screen off.

At night when I place on the touchstone, I press the power button to turn the screen off. When I receive an email or other notification just my notification light flashes (slow for email, fast for text). The screen does not come back on.
    Dan
    i dont know what people are talking about it being on all the time. even with 1.4.5 the clock showed all the time didnt it? with exhibition it does the same thing. you can keep the screen black like before or tap it to bring up a brighter grassy scene. whats the problem? but yes i believe like crabbz said you should be able to go into the app and turn them off individually.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast