1.    #1  
    Switching the wallpaper was one of my joys on 1.4.5, but little "Switcharoo free" won't work anymore: It starts, but gracefully fails, saying it can't get the list of images. I notice a blank option in the preferences, where the source of images usually was.
    Can I specify the images location somehow else? Or should I forget about this app. Is there any alternative?
    If u update it (or get the new on in the app cat) it allows you to upload images to a server and will switch from there. I haven't tried it yet, but that's the theory.
    Getting images from the server is not something I would be happy with.

Is the developer of Switcharoo still active?
    For wallpaper switching functionality, you can use my app Slide RSS. I'll be adding local file functionality to it shortly for those users that are on webOS 2.0 and higher. For a preview of that local file functionality, you can use my homebrew app Slide RSS+ (which does not do wallpaper switching).
    That's great to hear. I'll try it when it does what switcharoo does.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Getting images from the server is not something I would be happy with.

Is the developer of Switcharoo still active?
    Pretty sure still active as I was having an issue with their server for about a month and it's been addressed. Don't have 2.x yet so can't comment on that issue.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    If u update it (or get the new on in the app cat) it allows you to upload images to a server and will switch from there.
    Interesting, but I just wanted some quickie on local files. Would that updated Switcharoo work on 2.1? Also, I'm out of the app store for now, as my profile is "9.9.9", but will revert it back to "1.4.5" after a third redoctor. No 2.1 profile possible with Movistar, I think, unless the metadoctor gurus have some new spice in their corresponding script.

Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely
    you can use my app Slide RSS. I'll be adding local file functionality to it shortly for those users that are on webOS 2.0 and higher. For a preview of that local file functionality, you can use my homebrew app Slide RSS+ (which does not do wallpaper switching).
    Interesting, I might take a peek soon... If I ever get access as 2.1 to the app store.
    Same thing here. Love the wallpaper cycling functionnality, don't like the new "you've got to be connecter to our server" feature. I'm surprised that there isn't any other option in the appstore. (or maybe I didn't search long and carefully enough)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DigiNico View Post
    I'm surprised that there isn't any other option in the appstore. (or maybe I didn't search long and carefully enough)
    I did, several times. Really, there's no option like Swirtcharoo Free. Why is it unable to find the local wallpapers? Something has changed in webOS 2.x about filesystem access.
    I'm trying apsotutely's Slide RSS+ but, as the author said, it's not a wallpaper switcher.
    Yeah. Smells like downgrade to webos 1.4.5... (this is not the only issue I have with the 2.1...)
    I looked into making a quick app like Switcharoo yesterday, but I got stumped by two things:
    - selecting an album of images instead of an image (not fatal)
    - getting a list of filenames for a folder (no idea so far)

If anyone happens to know...
    Check out Movie Diary.
    The local image library is not accessible anymore, but a probable solution could come with the next update...i'm using 2.1 Pre minus. I had the Switcharoo free and wanted to only show a specific photo file that I created within my wallpapers folder in media/internal (usb) but it nolonger works, it does not give you an option of choosing your file anymore like it used to. I ended up downloading the Switcharoo from the App. Cat. and uploaded the images I want to the server. Then, I noticed that It's missing some key options that Switcharoo free had:
    Nolonger option to switch every 1 min, now 5 min is the minimum.
    Nolonger able to choose if you want repeats, or sequential.
    I just paid $2 and it keeps showing 1 of my 6 uploaded images over and over.
    What a rip.
    Palm Pre Legacy WebOS 2.1
    http://www.prethemer.com/profile/holley2583/themes, Checkum' Out!
    Quote Originally Posted by holley2583 View Post
    The local image library is not accessible anymore, but a probable solution could come with the next update...i'm using 2.1 Pre minus. I had the Switcharoo free and wanted to only show a specific photo file that I created within my wallpapers folder in media/internal (usb) but it nolonger works, it does not give you an option of choosing your file anymore like it used to. I ended up downloading the Switcharoo from the App. Cat. and uploaded the images I want to the server. Then, I noticed that It's missing some key options that Switcharoo free had:
    Nolonger option to switch every 1 min, now 5 min is the minimum.
    Nolonger able to choose if you want repeats, or sequential.
    I just paid $2 and it keeps showing 1 of my 6 uploaded images over and over.
    What a rip.
    My app Slide RSS recently added functionality available only on webOS 2.0+ (local files access) and webOS 2.1+ (Exhibition Mode). I believe it can completely replace how you used to use Switcharoo Free. You can set wallpaper switching down as low as every minute and with at least a webOS 2.0 device, you'll be able to access any visible folder on your USB drive (and you won't need to upload any of the images first). You also can quickly setup a playlist of the images you specifically want to use for wallpaper switching and choose whether you'd like a random or sequential order.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    My app [url= RSS[/url] recently added functionality available only on webOS 2.0+ (local files access) and webOS 2.1+ (Exhibition Mode). I believe it can completely replace how you used to use Switcharoo Free. You can set wallpaper switching down as low as every minute and with at least a webOS 2.0 device, you'll be able to access any visible folder on your USB drive (and you won't need to upload any of the images first). You also can quickly setup a playlist of the images you specifically want to use for wallpaper switching and choose whether you'd like a random or sequential order.
    I looked at the version in beta and from what I could tell, you have to leave the app open, and the background on the app changes, not your wallpaper. So it's more of a slideshow like on the Touchstone than what Switcharoo Free did. Switcharoo Free would run in the background and change your actual wallpaper. Is this not possible with Slide RSS, or was this a limitation of the beta version?

ETA: Sorry, I didn't read the previous post all the way through...^^; Heading to the app catalog now.
    Already not looking forward to WebOS 2.x.x. (Switcharoo is one of my favorite and most used apps).

Does Slide RSS work in the background or do you need to have the card open the entire time it's running?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I looked at the version in beta and from what I could tell, you have to leave the app open, and the background on the app changes, not your wallpaper. So it's more of a slideshow like on the Touchstone than what Switcharoo Free did. Switcharoo Free would run in the background and change your actual wallpaper. Is this not possible with Slide RSS, or was this a limitation of the beta version?

ETA: Sorry, I didn't read the previous post all the way through...^^; Heading to the app catalog now.
    Yes, wallpaper switching is only available in the official app. It was never added into the homebrew app.

Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Already not looking forward to WebOS 2.x.x. (Switcharoo is one of my favorite and most used apps).

Does Slide RSS work in the background or do you need to have the card open the entire time it's running?
    Wallpaper switching is fully a background function that does not require an open card if that's all you want to use.
    I can vouch for Slide RSS. It works great for local files. There are a few hiccups in getting it set up, but once you do have it set up, it just works. I think you have to launch the app whenever you reboot your phone though (just launch it once and throw the card away), but besides that, it works just like switcharoo did.
    Yes, it works well to replace Switcharoo! It's also a much better photo rotator for Exhibition than the default app.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have the paid version of Switcharoo and it's one of my top 10 apps. I have over 1800 images on THEIR server (not taking up valuable real estate on my phone) and it works great. It downloads the next image in the background before it's time to switch backgrounds so it always switches for me every 30 minutes. Don't have 2.x (still Pre - on 1.4.5) so not aware of any issues with the newer software. The developer has always responded to my inquiries/requests so maybe he's just abandoned the free version...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!