Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    Quite an interesting article on webOS' benefits...

    I traded My Nexus One for a Palm Pre 2 and I'm Not Going Back
    I did for many the impossible. Two weeks ago I traded my top of the line Nexus One, the super smart phone released by Google through Taiwanese manufacturer HTC for the Palm Pre 2 released by Hewlett Packard (HP). And guess what? I have never been so productive with a smartphone and I’ve played with the best smartphones the world has to offer from Apple to Google.
  2. #2  
    All those strengths he mentioned are strengths that HP repeatedly plays to when pushing webOS. The only thing missing in webOS that he mentioned he had on his Nexus is voice search. Seeing how they have a voice dialing app, I hope they take the logical extension of adding voice search to webOS.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. #3  
    Thanks for that. Nice to see a positive article. I guess we can standby now for the many 'visitors' on this board to attempt to demolish it.
  4. #4  
    don't you know, the things he criticizes are cool features that webOS users can't understand?
  5. davidtm's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    #5  
    Nice article - thanks for sharing!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  6. #6  
    <edited>

    I say that my pre minus is still more productive than evo and iphone that I have tried.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 03/06/2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: removed comment
  7. knsnik's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #7  
    Great article...its why I still love my pre. Thanks for posting it!
  8. #8  
    this is a very good article I must say, and using a Sprint Pre Plus on webos 2.1 I can say that the new version HP/Palm has released on the Pre 2 is alot better, and cleaner then 1.4.5. I can relate having a EVO for 6 months and though it was a nice phone, I can do these on a daily much better and faster on Webos. Funny after updating to 2.1 I have no drive to even try out the HTC Arrive which I was goin to until a new Webos device was released. I advice everyone here if they plan on waiting with Webos to use the directions (which are very easy at that) to put 2.1 on your devices the difference is huge, especially if you've been using webos 1.4.5 for a while like me.
  9. #9  
    How come you have a sprint pre plus? You modified it and then installed 2.1
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    How come you have a sprint pre plus? You modified it and then installed 2.1
    yup I bought a Pre Plus (VZ version) and had it modified by someone on here. Then I followed the instructions to meta doctor the sprint Pre plus(works for minus too) to webos 2.1. Believe me when I say it that 2.1 is the truth, I mean it even moves more elegant like IOS in transitions. Its alot smoother, and cleaner looking. Flash works great on it (with the 1ghz OC kernel). Stacks are a pleasure, and Patchs are being ported over. The overhaul it has on it is unexplanable in words, and only appreciated by users going from 1.4.5 to 2.1. Most anaylist cant really, because they most likely havent been using 1.4.5 as much as some of us pre owners. I recommend HIGHLY to consider doing it, the conversion to a plus version if you have a minus, and the update to 2.1. Very simply instructions and everyone of course on here will help you out in doing so. Some as well can do it for you if you ask around too.
  11. #11  
    I am hesitant to lose my favorite patches and my favourite tethering app. But I am tempted
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thanks for that. Nice to see a positive article. I guess we can standby now for the many 'visitors' on this board to attempt to demolish it.
    If someone starts trolling this thread with doom and fail, please report the post.

    Thanks,
    Berd.
  13. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #13  
    great read, all this points are soo true really good article. Palms webOS is the multitasking champ by a long shot, and anybody who has disagreed hasnt used it.
  14. #14  
    Not sure about that article, but he states he uses msn through synergy...

    How'wser?
  15. #15  
    Thanks for this, it is appreciated. Subject based comments even when critical are fair. Some of what is posted is just quarrelsome.

    The article was good to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    If someone starts trolling this thread with doom and fail, please report the post.

    Thanks,
    Berd.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Not sure about that article, but he states he uses msn through synergy...

    How'wser?
    where did you read that? I rechecked and msn is not even on the page.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Not sure about that article, but he states he uses msn through synergy...

    How'wser?
    Hello. First post here. My apology. I did state that MSN was part of the deal in an earlier version and have since corrected that.

    cheers
  18. #18  
    Welcome to the forums
    Just call me Berd.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by wellwellwell11 View Post
    this is a very good article I must say, and using a Sprint Pre Plus on webos 2.1 I can say that the new version HP/Palm has released on the Pre 2 is alot better, and cleaner then 1.4.5. I can relate having a EVO for 6 months and though it was a nice phone, I can do these on a daily much better and faster on Webos. Funny after updating to 2.1 I have no drive to even try out the HTC Arrive which I was goin to until a new Webos device was released. I advice everyone here if they plan on waiting with Webos to use the directions (which are very easy at that) to put 2.1 on your devices the difference is huge, especially if you've been using webos 1.4.5 for a while like me.
    I second this. I haven't used 1.4.5 as much as some people here (Sprint users), but I've been using Pre Plus since September. Even after only using it for six months I was finding myself getting impatient and aggravated with HP. I was becoming jealous of Android users. I was afraid of becoming part of the fragmentation. I was afraid of being left on a dying platform with nowhere left to turn. Then came WebOS 2.1. My heart has been lifted; my opinion of WebOS has changed drastically. I am no longer envious of any smartphone user on any platform. I no longer feel like the duck that was left behind. I feel on top of the cloud, because I know my device does everything any other one can do, and it does it better. 2.1 is polished in every single corner, it's such a pleasure to use. Everything about it just makes sense. It's a natural evolution.

    This article explains this wonderfully.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

  20. #20  
    Nice article Comicbookbin. That is why i bought a pre minus near launch, upgraded to evo when my pre- died, got a cheap pixi from a friend, and am now using a used pre minus again. My work life doesn't really involve my phone a whole lot, but webOS has made my smartphone experience effortless in comparison to android and iOS.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions