Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    what do we know about webos 2.2? which advantages in comparison to 2.1?
    is it built on enyo? is there any list of new stuff the 2.2 is going to have?
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $only$ $thing$ $different$ $is$ $that$ $it$ $supports$ $TTS$ $and$ $whatever$ $else$ $they$ $have$ $coming$ $with$ $the$ $TouchPad$. $And$ $hopefully$ $a$ $zillion$ $bug$ $fixes$.
    It will probably have support for some sort of video calling. Otherwise, the front-facing camera on the Pre 3 won't be very useful.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    and also has to be much faster, right?
    I guess we have to wait a couple of months to find out...
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    and also has to be much faster, right?
    I guess we have to wait a couple of months to find out...
    Faster than what? 2.1? You must be on a Pre +/-?
    I believe 2.0.1 was the major overhaul of the OS. With each small update (2.0.1 to 2.1, to 2.2) they may optimize certain applications to run slightly better. But in general no, i don't think that 2.2 is going to run any faster on the Pre +/-. They've EOL'd those devices and aren't trying to optimize the experience for them.

This is what Uberkernel and Govnah is for...
    I believe webOS 2.2 will include both Mojo and ENYO toolkit support. I could be way off on this. It depends on what ships on Veer. Veer could be running 2.1.0 initially, with 2.2.0 coming to Pre2, Veer and Pre3 concurrently.
    Dan Donovan
    They will need to have 2.2 out by the time the Touchpad launches. From the product pages for the Pre 3 and Veer on palm.com, they say touch-to-share will require webOS 2.2 on either the Pre 3 or Veer. Since the Veer is supposed to be launching this spring, it will probably launch with 2.1, giving them a few months to polish 2.2.
    All we know about webOS 2.2:

- Tap to share support.
    - Video calling support.
    - Enyo support.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    anything new about webos 2.2 ? what are the differences between 2.1 vs 2.2?
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    All we know about webOS 2.2:

- Tap to share support.
    - Video calling support.
    - Enyo support.
    Are you sure about Enyo support?

At the London Connect event this week there was a big demo of Enyo (looks great) but they were at pains to point out that this was for the TouchPad only initially and would be rolled out to older devices as they get 3.0.

I have an idea for an app I want to do and I wanted to start writing with Enyo from the start but the app is really for phones rather than tablets so I was dissapointed by the expected wait before I could roll out to the phones.

Anyway, the point is that the message was clearly that Enyo comes with 3.0 and not before. I'd like to think that was wrong but that is what was said.
    Enyo is already in webOS 2.2. Check /usr/palm/frameworks/enyo with internalz. For exemple you can look source of maps at /media/cryptofs/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.maps