1.    #1  
    Is there an app that adds this quick action to webos 2.x+ yet? A plugin? Where it will open both a facebook & twitter client, and paste the just type text into poth to post? Better yet, one that posts for you? Better yet, posts for you without opening the apps?
  2.    #2  
    Someone can post "no" if there is not....
    I think the app "spaz" can post to twitter from just type...
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, but itd be nice to have something that posts to multiple accounts, atleast facebook and twitter, simultaniously
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Yeah, but itd be nice to have something that posts to multiple accounts, atleast facebook and twitter, simultaniously
    There's an app being worked on that should do that called "Incredible": Exclusive App Preview: Incredible! for webOS | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

But for now, just link your Twitter account to your Facebook account. I prefer to do this via "Selective Tweets." It's a Facebook app that will take your Twitter posts, and any of them that are hashtagged with #fb will get posted to Facebook.
  6.    #6  
    Right, ideally id like to not have to hashtag fb it. So, with this in mind, should there b a character counter patch for just type? Cause of twitter?

Im on webos 1.4.5, but am just investigating to see all thats available in 2.x, including homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Right, ideally id like to not have to hashtag fb it. So, with this in mind, should there b a character counter patch for just type? Cause of twitter?
    i think that one of the reasons that Palm wants just type to launch the cards before submitting texts. that way the user can have a final say in what gets posted, and potentially, what accounts it gets posted to.
    I have my accounts linked at Ping.fm. I send a text to their number and it posts it to whatever I have linked to my ping.fm account. There's also a WebOS app for it but I prefer to text.
    I'm going to be releasing a new app called Quick Post soon that allows you to post to multiple Twitter & Facebook accounts simultaneously using Just Type (as well as within the app). Unlike other Just Type solutions, it doesn't require you to interact with the app after initiating the action. Just type what you want, and tap the Quick Post button and you're done!

It also has message compression and splitting functions to ensure whatever you type is posted successfully regardless of length.

Here's the discussion thread I created: http://forums.precentral.net/hedami/...k-posting.html

And here's a demo video I created:
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    ping.fm app, or i.ping.fm on your browser. You would need to get an account with them first, but one post and you can post to almost anything out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by antijingoist View Post
    ping.fm app, or i.ping.fm on your browser. You would need to get an account with them first, but one post and you can post to almost anything out there.
    +1 for Ping.fm.

Or you can use the Selective Tweets Facebook app.