1.    #1  
    Hey,
    First of all:
    I've got a Pre with webOS 2.1 on it.
    This morning Preware showed me that there is a update for Govnah an Uberkernel (I installed the empty package of Uberkernel).
    After updating, Preware said I have to restart my phone, i tapped OK.
    And now my pre don't restart. I can see the hp logo but no more. The logo don't flash.

What can I do?
    If I boot my Pre in recovery mode webOSQuickInstall don't identify it.
    Should I reinstall webOS with the webOS-doctor?

Thanks for all kind of help!

EDIT:
    webOSRepairUtility don't identify it (boot, recovery).
    I might install webOS new, because the webOS-doctor identify my Pre if I connect in recovery mode!

Is there a way that webOSRepairUtility identify my Pre in recovery mode?
    Last edited by franzmueller; 03/06/2011 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Some new information
    I have the exact same issue! Were you able to find a fix?
    i had a issue as well when I tried to update the Uber kernel it froze while it was updating. I forced restarted and it was still showing on there when I relaunched preware. I had to just remove the old uber restart then apply the new one. I would advise anyone tryin to update a kernel or patch just to remove it first restart then apply the new one instead of just updating.

Ive had the boot up issue before, and I did a battery pull plugged in the phone to the wall charger, opened up the slider and just randomly hit buttons until the penguin came off, and the HP logo booted up. Try that first before tryin to redoctor, I think it has to do with the MHZ being too low to boot up the device the reason why pluggin it in the wall helps boot it up.
  4.    #4  
    Booting with random pressing keys and a wall charger don't work :'-(
    But I think the idea is good, but how can I raise CPU frequency during booting?
  5.    #5  
    //push
    I had to doctor my device to get it to work again... Hope you have more luck.
  7.    #7  
    As I see I won't get a real answer here, so I have to redoctor my Pre, too.
    The question I have: 1.4.5 or 2.1?
    I think 2.1 is better but without overclocking it is sooo lame... :'-(
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    When my 2.1 install gets botched, I always doctor to 1.4.5, then back to 2.1, as I run into issues re-doctoring 2.1 with 2.1
  9.    #9  
    okay thanks for this tip!
  10.    #10  
    I redoctored my Pre.
    I had a similar issue...

I tried to install the Uberkernel update earlier in the day, i got an error, and figured I would retry later. It never got to the point where I had to reboot my phone.

Later that day I pulled my phone off the charger (phone was reporting battery was full) I put the phone in my pocket and went for it about 3 hours later, and it was off. After a few button presses I a picture on the screen saying to plug in the phone (a white one not the usual red one) A second later it changed to the red battery is to low to start icon. I thought this was weird, but things happen.

Once I got home I plugged in my phone and came back to it a while a later (20 minutes), it was just sitting at the HP screen. I gave it another 20 minutes and pulled the battery and started it back up with the same results. So I pulled the battery and restarted one more time, and let it try to start up over night. But still no go...

Before I visit the doctor, is there any information that could be useful to Web-Os Internals on the phone?
    Memboot - WebOS Internals

Wiki is there for a reason folks. If you don't know how to memboot, you shouldn't be messing around with kernels!

Memboot saved me from SR71. Extremely easy to do, highly functional.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Memboot - WebOS Internals

Wiki is there for a reason folks. If you don't know how to memboot, you shouldn't be messing around with kernels!

Memboot saved me from SR71. Extremely easy to do, highly functional.
    Thanks for the info, I was just getting ready to doctor...
    Well, I followed the memboot procedure, but it has produced the same results. I repeated the process from scratch just in case. but still no luck...

Off to the doctor...