Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anyone willing to bet that the make things right promise is early upgrades? I can't imagine that it's not. Pre Plus owners would benefit most from this but so would Pre minus owners.

People like me who took the dive for the Pre 2 on Verizon would definitely get the most outta it. What do you think?
    It would be tough for HP to offer early upgrades, since that is up to the carriers... They would have to make a deal with Verizon, Sprint, etc, to do that.

They could pretty easily offer a manufacture rebate for new purchases of hardware though. Or app store credits maybe?
    first they have to get something launched so there is an upgrade to purchase.
    Well, let's be precise....they plan on making things right.
    prediction: the announcement of Pre 3 will leave a huge excess of Pre 2 in inventory... They promised a path to 2.x for legacy users and to make things right... Solution? Discounted pre2's for all
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poppeye View Post
    prediction: the announcement of Pre 3 will leave a huge excess of Pre 2 in inventory... They promised a path to 2.x for legacy users and to make things right... Solution? Discounted pre2's for all
    sadly this seems like something they would do.. smh.. oh well.. i have my pre 2 as well as a two'd sprint pre- .. pre 3 here i come!
    unlocked pre 2's for 199..sprint users
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Well, let's be precise....they claimed they have a plan to make things right.
    fixed.

(never trust a corporation. )
    I don't think a solution will be offered that will satisfy any if us. They may offer a rebate on new hardware or a gift card to purchase apps, but that's all. I think hp realizes that with time, most of us will forget about this legacy issue over the next few months while they work on getting new hardware ready. By then most will be eligible for an upgrade except those on AT&T.
    On one hand, I can't imagine that HP will give more than a small voucher to legacy users, and then probably exclusively to US customers. I'll be really surprised if they even recognize international customers with the slightest of nods.

On the other hand, everybody who WANTS to install 2.1 on their Pre minus CAN do so now. Performance is gonna be a bit wonky sometimes, but just take a look at how the iPhone 3G is running iOS 4. Or how the 3GS is gonna run iOS 5. Fresh software rarely runs well on two-year-old hardware, that's just how things are.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    They could pretty easily offer a manufacture rebate for new purchases of hardware though.
    i could see this being the case. big deal.
    There are very few things HP could do to really make me excited about "making things right". The only thing I can think of is a free Pre3 for those with the original Pre, or some really good discount. Even if this seems like huge financial thing to do, you would be helping out the loyalist of your consumer base. It would generate a huge amount of positive PRPRPR, $and$ $probably$ $cost$ $about$ $as$ $much$ $as$ $running$ $1$ $prime$ $time$ $commercial$. $On$ $top$ $of$ $that$, $if$ $they$ $wanted$ $to$ $make$ $a$ $big$ $splash$, $that$ $would$ $be$ $it$. $They$ $just$ $spent$ $$1b$+ $buying$ $Palm$, $plus$ $who$ $knows$ $how$ $much$ $more$ $since$ $then$, $whats$ $another$ $couple$ $$100k$ ($no$ $idea$). $Also$, $tell$ $me$ $what$ $current$ $Pre$ $owner$ $who$ $wants$ $a$ $Pre3$ $wouldn$'$t$ $run$ $out$ $with$ $the$ $extra$ $cash$ $and$ $buy$ $a$ $Touchpad$?
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    sadly this seems like something they would do.. smh.. oh well.. i have my pre 2 as well as a two'd sprint pre- .. pre 3 here i come!
    Why "sadly". I'd say it depends on the discount.

If they virtually gave away a Pre2, why would this be a "sad" thing? It would give those users a better device than they had, and give them the OS upgrade path. Looks like a win-win, depending on price.
    Just give me $50 off a Pre 3 and I'd be thrilled.
    Perhaps releasing 2.1.0 was what they mean by "making it right".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Did they also say "In the coming months", they like to say that.
    A Pre2 to replace my Pre-, or a half price Pre3.
    ^ a half price off-contract Pre 3 would be awesome. but paying $99 instead of $199 to get it subsidized for two years would be really lame. would almost not wanna make me get a Pre 3 on principle.
    it will only be for legacy devices and not for the pre2
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ^ i have a Pre Plus currently
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast