Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    My Palm Pre Plus still says:
    Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.
    Carrier?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    For AT&T this is all I see:

Your current device:
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T.

I remember checking this a couple weeks ago, and I got the full message quoted above.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmscramjet View Post
    For AT&T this is all I see:

Your current device:
    Palm Pre Plus on AT&T.

I remember checking this a couple weeks ago, and I got the full message quoted above.
    I suppose either they have no plans to "make things right" or are working with finalizing plans with carriers to "make things right". I guess we'll have an answer in a few weeks when the Pre3 is released.
    June 27, 2011
    Results of palm.com/webos-info -->

Your current device:
    Palm Pre on Sprint.

and a lot of gray nothingness after that
    Quote Originally Posted by slusmiles View Post
    I suppose either they have no plans to "make things right" or are working with finalizing plans with carriers to "make things right". I guess we'll have an answer in a few weeks when the Pre3 is released.
    My guess would be the former...
    If I font hear or see anything from Palm about the Pre 3 and Sprint I will just go out and get me a new HTC Evo 3D...Can only wait for so long...
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Carrier?
    Verizon
    Strange. I tried my Verizon serial it gave me blank. You can try with P7VE0.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

I just got a call back from HP customer service after I sent an email to HP CEO Leo telling him how upset I was about the situation on the website and how they've handled this. They informed me that their engineers are still working on something and that he didn't know why the website would say that. He said to keep checking on that site.

Don't know if its any help, but just thought I'd let you guys know that they did respond to my email very quickly and with an actual person!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    This morning the old familiar refrain is back when I check my device (a daily ritual that has gone on too long):
    "We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more."
    Hmm... it indeed is back for me.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

Your current device:

Palm Pre on Bell.
    TO THE PRINT SCREEN BUTTON!

and I get this again

Your current device:
    Palm Pre on o2.
    Which is wrong, as mine was bought unlocked and is on Virgin Mobile UK.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by etb View Post
    This morning the old familiar refrain is back when I check my device (a daily ritual that has gone on too long):
    "We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more."
    "In the coming weeks" is hardly an improvement over "In the coming months".
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just checked the site on my phone and it just said:

Your current device:
    Palm Pre on Sprint

But then I checked it on my computer and it said:

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more

Your current device:
    Palm Pre on Sprint.
    Guys, I think this might be HP "making things right":

The Official HP Palm Blog: Early adopters: your new TouchPad just got $50 closer

I hope that's not all. It's a pretty lame consolation prize, in my opinion. I wasn't even considering paying a $100 premium for only 16GB more storage, and knocking that down by $50 is still not convincing me. If they had the $50 rebate for the 16GB AND the 32GB Touchpads, it would've been a better deal.

If they announce something else in the near future, great. If not, meh.
    If that's "making things right" they can shove it. HP will never EVER feature on my list of approved suppliers again. I need an up to date phone, not a slab - not that it matters anyway because their insular mindset doesn't give anything to anyone outside the USA & Canada.
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    I just got an email from HP giving me $50 off a TP if I provide my webos phone SN.

this is a start...
    This is a deeply dishonest promotion - it requires existing users to buy a product they may not want in order for HP to claim they have delivered on a promise to "make things right" which was made about phones, not other devices.

They might as well offer everyone two free printer ink cartridges and call that "making things right" for all the real worth it has.
    i just think it's funny.

HP: "Sorry we didn't fix you're phone and bring it up to date but give us $600 for something that's not a phone and we'll give you $50 back in a few weeks. You're welcome."
    You come at the king. You best not miss.
    it's a phone if you pair it with your pre =P
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast