Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

Your current device:

Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T.
    A day shy of 5 weeks now. They really need to change the site from coming weeks to coming months. I was hoping they'd say something last night, but I guess investors don't really give a crap about legacy devices. They just want to hear about the future (which i guess makes sense!!!)
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    A day shy of 5 weeks now. They really need to change the site from coming weeks to coming months. I was hoping they'd say something last night, but I guess investors don't really give a crap about legacy devices. They just want to hear about the future (which i guess makes sense!!!)
    The year has 52 weeks It all depends on how you define "coming". Christmas is in the "coming weeks" as well
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    lol

Typical HP/Palm

coming days -> coming weeks -> coming months

Sit back, drink a beer and relax. No-one on this site can make it happen.
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Isn't this part of the problem. We havent been told what they will do for us or when. Im tired of constantly waiting for the next "big" announcement.
    To be honest, I'm kind of tired of waiting too, but I got a life, and I'm not sitting around my computer waiting for some earth-shattering announcement. My phone currently works for me, I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet, and by the time I'm eligible, looks like them new phones will be out.

We were promised the ability to sync to itunes when we bought the phones.
    REALLY????? The whole reason I bought into Palm was because I DIDN'T NEED iTUNES!!!!!! If I wanted to use iTunes....I would have bought an iPhone.

We were promised we would be the first platform getting a mobile optimized version of flash. We were promised we would get flash on all webOS phones, except Pixi /Pixi Pluses.
    FYI: I just installed Flash last night on my Original Pre v2.1 running UberKernel-18(I think) overclocked ScreenState 1000/500 and 10MB compcache.....it barely performs....no streaming video, unless it's a 2 minute clip or less.....basically msn.ca news clips, and they are a bit choppy, bearable, but choppy. Maybe a lot better on a Plus, but I couldn't say for sure.

These were promised features that people were promised by Palm so they bought the device. Not one has come to pass.
    This argument is getting old. I honestly CANNOT BELIEVE that people out there "bought a Palm Pre because they were promised Flash and 2.0 and all this stuff was going to happen". Really???? I don't care if it was Apple or Android that made the exact same promise.....I would NOT buy into something based on a promise, I don't care WHAT it is.

Why would you know believe them with another promise. What a lot of people on here take for granted is that they were up front about not being able to get legacy devices updated. I followed the live blog of the event and what actually transpired was that they made no mention one way or another about the update for legacy devices. It wasn't until Engadget had to ask Ruby about legacy devices that we finally had an answer. They didnt intend to tell us about it at all. They hoped we would just keep waiting for the update until the new hardware was released and just buy the new hardware.
    That, my friend, is almost laughable.....You honestly expect me to believe that HP figured we would all just forget about upgrading to 2.0?????? Can I have some of what you're having, because it seems like it's working

They made promise and couldnt follow through. They didnt have the decency to even make an official announcement that they will not be supporting legacy devices. So you all still think that they will follow through on this new promise that has no substance other than we will do right by you at some future unknown date. What does that even mean? I have been someone who in forums (look up my posts) has defended Palm/HP every step of the way and always said wait they will finally realize the potential in webOS. I no longer believe that to be the case. I have been let down far to many times.
    I'm not trying to trash you too hard, so don't take it the wrong way. Having only been around with Palm over the last year, maybe I just don't feel the "let-down" that a lot of people that have defended Palm for years and years feel. There's a saying out there that will be auto censored here and it's called "**** happens", I'm pretty sure you can figure it out.

I'm not waiting around, I'm not holding my breath. I just upgraded my phone to 2.1 and although it's not really earth-shattering, it is kinda cool, some new things here and there to keep me interested. The flash really wasn't worth my time and effort, but I managed to do it.
    Last edited by sledge007; 03/15/2011 at 08:28 AM. Reason: fix quotes
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    and "in the coming months" no less!
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    The year has 52 weeks It all depends on how you define "coming". Christmas is in the "coming weeks" as well
    Santa's coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have no expectations. Frankly loyalty is a one way street and it ain't comin' from HP.......
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Maybe it'll be a free touchstone 2 with purchase of a Veer or Pre3. That would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    Maybe it'll be a free touchstone 2 with purchase of a Veer or Pre3. That would be nice.
    That will definitely be nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    heh, I suppose. But I already have 2 touchstones, I'd much rather have a 100 rebate or something for all their loyal sprint users who haven't jumped ship to android yet.

But as someone stated before.. loyalty has been thrown out the window these days. Verizon didn't give a rats when I took my 4 line family plan to sprint.. after 10 yrs.

at this point, for me it's form factor. If there was an android phone today that matched the Pre on sprint, I'd probably get it.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/24/2011 at 11:01 AM.
    Quite frankly my beef was wanting 2.x on my Sprint Pre Plus, and I've got it thanks to them releasing to at least 1 legacy carrier so that webosinternals could finish the job legally. Think about it, the real reason they didn't release 2.x to all legacy devices is the carriers said no. They knew that if webosinternals hacked it, that those of us who wanted it would install it and not need carrier permission to do so.. As a few others have stated, I'm now happily awaiting the Pre3 and hoping Sprint gets it, but Meta2.1 on my Pre Plus is wonderful and so are the precious and few 2.x only apps like Music Remix and Voice Memos!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Quite frankly my beef was wanting 2.x on my Sprint Pre Plus, and I've got it thanks to them releasing to at least 1 legacy carrier so that webosinternals could finish the job legally. Think about it, the real reason they didn't release 2.x to all legacy devices is the carriers said no. They knew that if webosinternals hacked it, that those of us who wanted it would install it and not need carrier permission to do so.. As a few others have stated, I'm now happily awaiting the Pre3 and hoping Sprint gets it, but Meta2.1 on my Pre Plus is wonderful and so are the precious and few 2.x only apps like Music Remix and Voice Memos!
    not all of us want to do Pre Plus surgery. If that was HP's idea of "making things right" then I'm out.

I also don't believe it was a carrier issue. Well, not totally. It really does seem as if the Pre minus w/ webOS 2.x would be disasterous for the non-tech inclined folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Think about it, the real reason they didn't release 2.x to all legacy devices is the carriers said no. They knew that if webosinternals hacked it, that those of us who wanted it would install it and not need carrier permission to do so.
    On the contrary, I custom-doctored my German O2 Pre Minus to 2.1 and after a few days of working FLAWLESSLY in almost every imaginable sense (speed being the only problem) my phone stopped working and my old Palm Profile seems irrevocably corrupted now. Phone works fine again since i doctored back to 1.4.5. I still think technical issues were the culprit for Minus phones not getting the 2.X love.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    On the contrary, I custom-doctored my German O2 Pre Minus to 2.1 and after a few days of working FLAWLESSLY in almost every imaginable sense (speed being the only problem) my phone stopped working and my old Palm Profile seems irrevocably corrupted now. Phone works fine again since i doctored back to 1.4.5. I still think technical issues were the culprit for Minus phones not getting the 2.X love.
    The biggest being that the partition size for 2.x was bigger so an OTA was not even possible. You'd have to doctor to get to 2.x and the carriers didnt' want to deal wtih that kind of support and people losing things during the complete erase doctor, because they didnt' backup properly..
    Not sure if this is ON topic or way OFF, but it may shed some light on this subject...

I got a missed call from the HP main offices (650-857-1501) yesterday morning, but no voicemail was left. I tried to call back, but the dude at the HP switchboard didn't know what the call might have been about and I had no other identifiable information about the missed call other than the number it came from. The only connection to HP that I have is my classic Pre on Sprint.

Iiiinteresting...

Well, it coulda just been a robocall with information how I could update, but I'm hoping for a discount on Pre3 on SPRINT. I love Sprint a lot, but I love my webOS, too.
    Last edited by FirePuff; 03/25/2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Clarification and adds
    I am very frustrated that HP keeps claiming they are going to make it right, yet STILL no word. I am not tech savvy enough to doctor my pre plus verizon to the 2.1....I just don't understand how to do it and don't want to destroy my phone.
    Bump... has anyone heard anything new?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Nothing yet but I'm hoping HP will follow Oprahs lead and give us all new cars since we are suffering so bad here. I mean not giving the legacy devices 2.0 makes all of the problems in the world like the earthquake in Japan and all of the suffering in the Middle East miniscule.
    I had been meaning to come to this thread and ask if anything new on this had popped up yet or not as well but I see someone has beat me to it.

Nearly two months has passed since HP had that big announcement in February and still no word on what we legacy users are going to see happen. They really need to reconsider their timeframes... "coming weeks" and "coming months" are beyond eyeroll-worthy.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not sitting around anxiously awaiting anything mind-blowing to happen, but seriously. Give us a break.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Nothing yet but I'm hoping HP will follow Oprahs lead and give us all new cars since we are suffering so bad here. I mean not giving the legacy devices 2.0 makes all of the problems in the world like the earthquake in Japan and all of the suffering in the Middle East miniscule.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast