Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Where did they say they were working with service providers to make things right?
    cant find the article now but its out there in HP webOS land of news .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    cant find the article now but its out there in HP webOS land of news .
    OK, then this vouchers don't make much sense. But somehow I fear that us europeans will be left out in the dark. Even though HPalm's previous partner O2 Telefonica is a comparably good telco.
    I don't think hp will leave out any webOS legacy owning peeps they are better than that . And we will see soon enough I'm sure.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I know what ETF is. Regardless what the outcome is, Bell still made me sign a service contract to buy a phone that went out of support before the contract ended.

That's the issue with 3-year contracts, just that we don't really have a choice in Canada.
    I think thats what angers me most about this whole thing.

I don't know what they expect us to do with a phone that just became outdated during a promo.

Needless to say, IT'S A TRAP!!
    most phones are outdated 1 to 2 years after they are sold . been that way for the last 10 years or so lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    actually if you bought any phone 2 years ago i think they are all about outdated unless you bought a dumbphone and are not looking for updated tech.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

Your current device:

Palm Pixi Plus on AT&T.
    Well, it has been about a month, and still no word. They should probably change the "coming weeks" into their usual "coming months" to make it more in line with their other announcements. I'd really like to find out what they are planning on doing. Without older phones getting updates, that's a LOT of potential app catalog business just going down the drain. Who wants to develop for a market where 90% of the current users won't even be able to purchase your app?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    Perhaps releasing 2.1.0 was what they mean by "making it right".

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I think this is probably it. They knew the second they released the Palm Plus WR 2.1 update, webosinternals would pick it to pieces.

I'm satisfied now with 2.1, I will patiently wait for the Pre 3 to arrive on Sprint, assuming it does!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    I think this is probably it. They knew the second they released the Palm Plus WR 2.1 update, webosinternals would pick it to pieces.
    that's great. Let me go metadoctor my pix...oh, wait..nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post

I'm satisfied now with 2.1, I will patiently wait for the Pre 3 to arrive on Sprint, assuming it does!
    This is not it because if it was they would remove that statement ! also its been stated in an article somewhere that HP/palm is still working on something to make it right for legacy users so.... take it for what its worth !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    So I posted this in another thread about how Palm "isn't working with Bell anymore" with our 2.x solution for Bell Pres:

http://forums.precentral.net/general...ml#post2902753

Makes me wonder if the same happened with other carriers? Can you guys find out if your carrier also disappeared from the message?

http://www.palm.com/webos-info
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    ... I think hp realizes that with time, most of us will forget about this legacy issue over the next few months while they work on getting new hardware ready. By then most will be eligible for an upgrade except those on AT&T.
    And many will most likely have already moved to another platform (iOS, Android, Blackberry, WP7, etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    "depending on price" is why i say "sadly." cause unless its a $0-$99 priced pre 2 then why would i want to get that instead of a pre 3? might as well say the pre 3 the is "the way to 2.x"
    I agree, but I suspect if it's a Pre2, you'll see it in the price range you mention.

I think there is way to much complaining about the possible solutions, when the solution hasn't even been offered yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I agree, but I suspect if it's a Pre2, you'll see it in the price range you mention.

I think there is way to much complaining about the possible solutions, when the solution hasn't even been offered yet.
    Isn't this part of the problem. We havent been told what they will do for us or when. Im tired of constantly waiting for the next "big" announcement. We were promised the ability to sync to itunes when we bought the phones. We were promised we would be the first platform getting a mobile optimized version of flash. We were promised we would get flash on all webOS phones, except Pixi /Pixi Pluses. These were promised features that people were promised by Palm so they bought the device. Not one has come to pass. Why would you know believe them with another promise. What a lot of people on here take for granted is that they were up front about not being able to get legacy devices updated. I followed the live blog of the event and what actually transpired was that they made no mention one way or another about the update for legacy devices. It wasn't until Engadget had to ask Ruby about legacy devices that we finally had an answer. They didnt intend to tell us about it at all. They hoped we would just keep waiting for the update until the new hardware was released and just buy the new hardware. They made promise and couldnt follow through. They didnt have the decency to even make an official announcement that they will not be supporting legacy devices. So you all still think that they will follow through on this new promise that has no substance other than we will do right by you at some future unknown date. What does that even mean? I have been someone who in forums (look up my posts) has defended Palm/HP every step of the way and always said wait they will finally realize the potential in webOS. I no longer believe that to be the case. I have been let down far to many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Isn't this part of the problem. We havent been told what they will do for us or when. Im tired of constantly waiting for the next "big" announcement.
    Again, I don't think we're going to see any announcement about their resolution until carriers are announced. Pre 2 is a good example. A Pre 2 wouldn't do me any good, I'm on Sprint. If the Pre3 is offered through Sprint, I'd be much better off with a $100 discount on a Pre3.
    We were promised the ability to sync to itunes when we bought the phones.
    They delivered. Apple changed iTunes. As long as you don't use the newer version(s) of iTunes, you can still use this feature.
    We were promised we would be the first platform getting a mobile optimized version of flash. We were promised we would get flash on all webOS phones, except Pixi /Pixi Pluses.
    Flash is not a Palm product, nor an HP product.
    These were promised features that people were promised by Palm so they bought the device. Not one has come to pass.
    The first one you mentioned was delivered, the others are not controlled by Palm/HP.
    It wasn't until Engadget had to ask Ruby about legacy devices that we finally had an answer.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it was PreCentral, not Engadget
    They didnt intend to tell us about it at all. They hoped we would just keep waiting for the update until the new hardware was released and just buy the new hardware.
    That is 100% speculation on your part. There were many that complained that it was announced at the event. Not planning on announcing it there does not mean they were never going to announce it.
    merged at OP request
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Your wrong and wrong and ...wrong. Lemme decipher every sentence and tell you why... stupidbrains
    Flash WAS promised by palm. And I believe ready by 1.4.0 They shouldn't make promises they can't keep.

Engadget.. precentral.. What does it matter. That's not the point. We had no clear answer until it was pried out.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Flash WAS promised by palm. And I believe ready by 1.4.0 They shouldn't make promises they can't keep.

Engadget.. precentral.. What does it matter. That's not the point. We had no clear answer until it was pried out.
    Flash can't be delivered by Palm, it's not their product, it's Adobe. Palm may have mentiomed Adobe was working on it, but it was never theirs to promise. Credit where credit is due - Adobe.

As to who asked the question, mis-stating something that fundamental speaks to credibility. Factual information is important.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    If you type PreCentral on a TouchPad
    It changes to PreMenstrual
    That situation needs to be fixed!
    I'm a day one Sprint Pre- owner and I've decided I like the OS so much I'm willing to drink a few beers and hope the Pre 3 releases on Sprint and maybe, just maybe, HP will give me some kinda' deal when I buy it over and above what Sprint will do for me. It's not life or death...
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

So - have we had any official action or announcements for Pre "classic" devices yet ? (I hate the term Pre-, we have the originals - everything else it just an improvement on it).
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast