Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I might just be cynical but I kinda sorta think that making things right was releasing 2.1 in europe for internalz to hack up and get running on the legacy hardware. I just don't get the demand (I understand the promise hp made) that hp / palm owes us anything. Look no further than the android community or iphone community to understand how even newer hardware hasn't and won't be getting upgraded to Googles latest software. In order for companies to remain viable they must sell more / newer product. If they just kept upgrading old hardware they would decrease demand for newer sales. Go ahead and flame me if you want but with all of HPs talk of thinking beyond it just doesn't make sense to think behind.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    "Originality.....There's NO app for that!" -Th3H0ff
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3H0ff View Post
    I might just be cynical but I kinda sorta think that making things right was releasing 2.1 in europe for internalz to hack up and get running on the legacy hardware. I just don't get the demand (I understand the promise hp made) that hp / palm owes us anything. Look no further than the android community or iphone community to understand how even newer hardware hasn't and won't be getting upgraded to Googles latest software. In order for companies to remain viable they must sell more / newer product. If they just kept upgrading old hardware they would decrease demand for newer sales. Go ahead and flame me if you want but with all of HPs talk of thinking beyond it just doesn't make sense to think behind.

its been stated thet they are still working on something to appease the masses that are the legacy usres lol . or they are still coming up with something to make it right in their words. cant remember the article but it was just last week i read it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    well choose the lesser of both evils, either you get shafted by palm or sprint. Sprint told me verbally and via chat that if I don't use my four discounts that I would loose them all on april 1...
    Quote Originally Posted by Irocdaspot513 View Post
    unlocked pre 2's for 199..sprint users
    You do know Sprint is CDMA and doesn't use SIM cards right?

I think you mean "no contract". No-Contract =/= Unlocked
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    well condidering the pre3 is a world phone nd has the radios for most any service provider then it would stand the reason the he's saying unlocked pre2's thinking that they may be world phones as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I still think vouchers for the app catalog is the most likely thing to happen. Imho it's the most reasonable thing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    I still think vouchers for the app catalog is the most likely thing to happen. Imho it's the most reasonable thing as well.
    hey, that's one of the better and more realistic concepts that I've seen come out of here!
    -beta testing WebOS since June 2009.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Why "sadly". I'd say it depends on the discount.

If they virtually gave away a Pre2, why would this be a "sad" thing? It would give those users a better device than they had, and give them the OS upgrade path. Looks like a win-win, depending on price.
    "depending on price" is why i say "sadly." cause unless its a $0-$99 priced pre 2 then why would i want to get that instead of a pre 3? might as well say the pre 3 the is "the way to 2.x"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    hey, that's one of the better and more realistic concepts that I've seen come out of here!
    considering that HP said they are working with the service providers to make things right with consumers i doubt it would have anything to do with apps in the app catalog lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    I think that as soon as HP can ship products they will. When they can, they will ship all they can to everyone they can. I don't think that they will hold any back.
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post

But I don't think that's anywhere near to be an "upgrade path". Going forward devs will start focusing dev work on 2.x apps, and more apps will require it. We still don't have a device that will work with 2.x. So giving us vouchers would seem to just add salt to the wound, giving us these vouchers that would be rendered useless.

I know most Sprint people will be off contract by the time the Pre 3 hits, but AT&T and us Bell people will still be on contract. I know for starters I'm not getting a new phone without a discount. So i'll still be stuck with 1.4.5, officially. I've been contemplating getting a Rogers Pre 2 and unlocking it, but I'm overstocked with Pres, my original Bell Pre and my Bell/Verizon Pre Plus.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    considering that HP said they are working with the service providers to make things right with consumers i doubt it would have anything to do with apps in the app catalog lol
    Where did they say they were working with service providers to make things right?
    According to Bell Canada, their Pre support is a dead end. So i'm stuck with a pre- till the world explodes at the end of 2012.
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtynazgul View Post
    According to Bell Canada, their Pre support is a dead end. So i'm stuck with a pre- till the world explodes at the end of 2012.
    Is that when it happens? LOL Hold tight...I have a feeling that HP is going to be hitting multiple carriers with the Pre3 as soon at it is released. No proof - just a guess (fingers crossed).
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtynazgul View Post
    Then I should start complaining. My contract is till 2013, and I just called them they said my ETF is $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Where did they say they were working with service providers to make things right?
    http://ws.palm.com/WebOsChecker/seri...ectedCarrierH=

If it asks for your serial number, enter the first 5 characters.

This is the result for a Bell Pre:

Your device is not able to support the new features of webOS 2.

Therefore, your device will not receive a webOS 2 update. The latest software version for your device is webOS 1.4.5.

We are working on alternative plans and will be sharing details in the coming weeks. Please come back to palm.com/webos-info to find out more.

Your current device:

Palm Pre on Bell.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Then I should start complaining. My contract is till 2013, and I just called them they said my ETF is $400.
    ETF only applies if you actually cancel your contract. If you buy new hardware outright they don't charge you. If HP offers a hardware discount coupon you could buy a different phone (albeit unsubsidized) and let that run out your contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    ETF only applies if you actually cancel your contract. If you buy new hardware outright they don't charge you. If HP offers a hardware discount coupon you could buy a different phone (albeit unsubsidized) and let that run out your contract.
    I know what ETF is. Regardless what the outcome is, Bell still made me sign a service contract to buy a phone that went out of support before the contract ended.

That's the issue with 3-year contracts, just that we don't really have a choice in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3H0ff View Post
    I might just be cynical but I kinda sorta think that making things right was releasing 2.1 in europe for internalz to hack up and get running on the legacy hardware.

you know, i already thought of that. the only thing that makes me think that's not the case, is that don't you think they would have fixed the palm profile issue? so there wouldn't be any need to "masquerade" as 1.4.5? this obviously doesn't quite defeat the purpose of updating, but does kinda suck to have webos 2.1 and not able to install some 2.0 apps.
    One thing is true though, the "we're not getting 2.x updates" complaints have significantly dropped since Internals got it working.

But still I want to hear the official answer...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast