Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By anon(5030500)
  • 5 Post By marjodp
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way to add a custome code for a country in 2.1.0?

Thanks!
    mafia likes this.
    Also looking for a solution to this. Probably a system file that can be transferred and edited via Internalz Pro?
    pls how do i remove enter phone settings showed by my phone and return to the main screen?
    Would be interested in a custom country code as well; the contact lookup is quite limited without this.
    You can edit these files and add your country in these files:

/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31globalization.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/concatenated.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/javascript/format_phonenumber.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmglobalizationVersion1_0.jsjsjs

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31globalization.jsjsjs&$quot$;:
    find this string "{countryCode:"nz",countryName:"New Zealand"}" and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode:"ge",countryName:"Georgia"}"

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/concatenated.jsjsjs&$quot$;:
    find this string "{countryCode: "nz", countryName: "New Zealand"}," and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode: "ge", countryName: "Georgia"}"

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/javascript/format_phonenumber.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    find this string "{countryCode: "nz", countryName: "New Zealand"}" and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode: "ge", countryName: "Georgia"}"

"/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmglobalizationVersion1_0.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    find this string "{countryCode:"nz",countryName:"New Zealand"}" and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode:"ge",countryName:"Georgia"}"

then restart your phone and after that choose your country from the Regional Settings->Phone Numbers
    Looks like the 31 was 44 for me on my AT&T pre3 for some reason, but otherwise; works like a charm =)
    Great!!

But... hummm... I need some help with this:

Here; in Brazil, we have an interesting set of numbers that we have to manage:

=> Our basic telephone number have 8 digits. For example: 8765-4321
    => Each state have his area code. For example: Rio de Janeiro (21), São Paulo (11)
    => To Long Distance Calls, we have some different carriers code. For example: Tim (41), Claro (14), Oi (31), Embratel (21)
    => To call from one state to other, we have to insert the prefix 0 before all, as a nacional call.

My problem begin here: to I call a number from one state to other, I have to choice the carrier and call this combo:

0 + (carrier code) + (area code) + (basic number)

For example, if I call from Rio de Janeiro to São Paulo using the TIM as carrier, I have to use:

0 41 (11) 8765-4321

0 + (Tim) + (São Paulo) + Basic Number

And I have to make a international call, I have to use:

00 (to inform that is an international call) + (carrier code) + (country code) + (area code) + (basic number)

That; in my example, can be something as:

00 + 41 + 1 + 212 + 8765-4321

Explaining:

00 + (Tim) + USA + (New York code) + (Basic Number)

But... sometimes, I have to change the carrier number and I have no option to change this prefix in all my calls automatically, and I have no option to edit the prefix while in keypad screen.

So, my question... somebody knows if there is some way to add or change the 41 (Carrier Code) automatically with this ajust?

I don't know If my situation is clear... but is that!

PS: To leave my situation "better", São Paulo begun to use 9 digits now, while the rest of the Brazil are using 8 digits... for now, of course!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    The standard method of making calls on a GSM phone is:
    '+' 'country code' 'area code' 'number'
    for eg: + 91 11 5555-4444 wherein
    + = prefix for international call
    91 = country code for India
    11 = area code for Delhi
    5555-4444 = local number
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Got this working -- thanks to marjodp's tip. I was able to add +63, the Philippines' country code. So I can now identify my callers correctly. However, when I send a new text message and get the number from Contacts, the country code gets dropped, and the message doesn't get sent. What could be wrong?
    Hmm, looks like I found the solution as soon as I typed the message above. I just turned off international dialing under the phone app's preferences & accounts option and it looks like it's working now.
    Quote Originally Posted by marjodp View Post
    You can edit these files and add your country in these files:

/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31globalization.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/concatenated.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/javascript/format_phonenumber.jsjsjs
    /usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmglobalizationVersion1_0.jsjsjs

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31globalization.jsjsjs&$quot$;:

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/concatenated.jsjsjs&$quot$;:
    find this string "{countryCode: "nz", countryName: "New Zealand"}," and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode: "ge", countryName: "Georgia"}"

"/usr/palm/frameworks/globalization/submission/31/javascript/format_phonenumber.jsjsjs&$quot$;
    find this string "{countryCode: "nz", countryName: "New Zealand"}" and after that add "," and your country, for example Georgia: "{countryCode: "ge", countryName: "Georgia"}"

"/usr/palm/frameworks/mojo/builtins/palmglobalizationVersion1_0.jsjsjs&$quot$;

then restart your phone and after that choose your country from the Regional Settings->Phone Numbers
    how do i make these files writeable?
    can i use wterm + vi to edit
    can i modify an exiting instead of adding an new country