Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    is it true that with webos 2.1 you can read hebrew,arabic,etc? the same way you read on ios and android? can anyone with the 2.1 upgrade go into a foreign language website and see if they see the caracters or little rectangles? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    is it true that with webos 2.1 you can read hebrew,arabic,etc? the same way you read on ios and android? can anyone with the 2.1 upgrade go into a foreign language website and see if they see the caracters or little rectangles? thanks
    I can confirm Japanese works. I was sent an email from someone japanese and even the notification area showed the japanese they had wrote in the subject area....

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I can confirm Japanese works. I was sent an email from someone japanese and even the notification area showed the japanese they had wrote in the subject area....

could you (or anyone else) test hebrew?
    thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    could you (or anyone else) test hebrew?
    thank you
    Sure thing. If you give me a link to a hebrew website...

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    im on WebOS 2.1.0 and Arabic/Hebrew now supported on everywhere in webos sms/web/memos/calendar/just type/notifications ... but you must install an arabic/hebrew font to the fonts folder.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    im on WebOS 2.1.0 and Arabic/Hebrew now supported on everywhere in webos sms/web/memos/calendar/just type/notifications ... but you must install an arabic/hebrew font to the fonts folder.
    so..what does it mean "supported"? if you have to download anyways a font? where do you download from?
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Sure thing. If you give me a link to a hebrew website...

palmpreacher.com(is all about webos in hebrew). there are certain words in english too
    i would like to add vietnamese fonts, since I updated to webos 2.1, emails and message shows me square blocks.
    could someone show me how that works? where adding fonts? it is necessary to replace a font?

much appreciated if someone could help me.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    can someone make a simple guide how to install the most common languages(hebrew, arabic, chinese,vietnamese,russian)for webos 2.0, 2.1?
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    Hebrew you can install easily:
    Just install the hebrew package

as for installing fonts, see the description below:
    Installing fonts on webOS 1.4.5 and below
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
    found an old thread about that. also works on webos 2.x.x
    I followed the Instructions on the last page and I can confirm that it works. I can now read vietnamese emails, messages

here the link:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...g-fonts-3.html

go to post #46 if you're on Webos 2.x.x
    search and download the font language you need, then send that file with Webosquickinstall. (you may backup it first)

thanks to abegee
    Any info on where to get an arabic font and how to get it to work? Thanks!
    google is your friend,i would say....try type such as "arabic fonts" or "arabic unicode fonts"
    but make sure,it's similiar to that font that your pre is using. You can see what kind of font that is,if you open the fontfile.
    I just received my Hp touchpad. There is no hebrew keyboard and no support for sites in hebrew. This applies obviously to all emails etc.
    Does anyone know when hebrew will be supported out the box by HP
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barioberm View Post
    I just received my Hp touchpad. There is no hebrew keyboard and no support for sites in hebrew. This applies obviously to all emails etc.
    Does anyone know when hebrew will be supported out the box by HP
    Use the same instructions as above for hebrew in 2.1 for the touchpad.