1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Here in the USA, the app store as of today is up to:

7132 total apps in the USA

I just totaled up the app figures from here in the USA, (central Florida to be exact), we now have a total of 7132 apps, in spite of the fact just yesterday I read an article that claimed there were 4,000 apps and we are now not far from double that.

5994 App Catalog Gallery
    360 Web Dist. App Gallery
    572 Home brew App Gallery
    206 Beta App Gallery!
    7132 total apps in the USA

Ten months ago, May 16, 2010, the app totals here in the USA were as follows:

2420 App Catalog Gallery
    428 Web Dist. App Gallery
    474 Home brew App Gallery
    164 Beta App Gallery!
    3486 total apps in the USA

We have had the app figure double in only 10 months, keep in mind during the 1st 9 months, (of those 10 months), there were no new PRE models launched, the upgrade to webOS wasn't yet being distributed, Palm almost went belly up and were taken over by a new firm...

Now that the Pre 2 is up for sale webOS is a reality, webOS has been frankenPred for legacy webOS products, the Pre3 was announced, the touchPad was announced, the Veer was announced, a new and different touchstone was announced, HP/Palm said there would be a number of other products announced during the 1st 9 months of this year including other smart phones, Hp/Palm was very coy about webOS on a netbook and possibly on laptops and PC's.

I think it is amazing considering that Palm had to put itself up for sale....

I would think that we will see these number shoot up quickly now that HP owns Palm, now that there are App Programing hit squads, now that so many products have been announced with more on the way.

Take care,

Jay

PS I have stated from day one as soon as HP's name came up as the buyer of Palm, that HP would either have a great deal of native apps on the TouchPad and/or would also port apps for free just to get the numbers up...more apps mean more people converting to webOS!
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    frankenPred ?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RedMist View Post
    frankenPred ?
    Frankenpre'd????? LOl

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group