1.    #1  
    Ever since I saw Deiter demonstrating the pre2 and doing all that scrolling I hated that they took away the mini cards. I just watched the engadget video and moving between cards look really painfull.

There needs to be a way to quickly see what's open without all that ungodly scrolling. Then webos would be perfect to me. End of rant!
    Well, I have the luxury of a spare device which I've installed 2.1.0 on. I really do miss the mini-cards, but stacks are nice as well. It would be nice to see both features implemented in a future update.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    I really do wish that minicards were still around.

with them, you could enjoy all the power of having multiple live apps, and the ability to switch tasks quickly.

stacks+minicards would have been amazing. For now, I see it as an eventrade.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I never really used the mini cards. I found the horizontal line of tiny cards useless. Maybe if they were arranged in a grid of four...larger that the minis but smaller than the minimized cards. That would be dope.
    Once I got the hang of stacking cards I failed to see the use for mini-cards. Still had to switch between apps and that just shaved a few nano seconds off. As opposed to stacks where if I stacked correctly I could separate between work/play/research piles
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    With 2.1.0, new cards open directly to the right of the current active card. In 1.4.5, any new app opened on the far right. Because of the way cards now function, I have no use of the mini cards because I can just open apps where I want them to begin with.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    I've been on 2.1 for less than 24 hours so this may not mean much, but I haven't missed the mini-card view so far.

I'm with snotball here - stacks have made the zoomed-out view kind of obsolete for me.

I might change my mind over the course of the next few months, but I doubt it.
  8.    #8  
    Obviously I have never used stacks. I am wondering how easy is it to tell what is in the stack?
    webOS should have a minimize function. Minimize cards to the notification area and have one bar that has a row of small cards that you can bring back to the main row. This is what should happen when you throw cards down. I would throw down, the camera app, the music player, Dr podder things that I want to keep open, but don't want to waist time shuffling through to get to other open apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Obviously I have never used stacks. I am wondering how easy is it to tell what is in the stack?
    Super-easy. I'll admit that I haven't had more than four cards in one stack yet, but telling card contents within a stack is not a problem at all. I have no idea what happens if you try to stack 50 cards (which should be possible on a Pre 2).

The only thing bugging me about stacks is that stacked cards aren't "straight" but sitting at a slight angle in order to allow you to see different cards' contents. In and of itself, that's cool - but the Pre's resolution makes those angles look quite... jagged. Like they're missing anti-aliasing. I wouldn't call this effect ugly, but I won't lie: it's not beautiful. I'd say it's probably going to be a bit prettier on a Pre 3.

Functionally, though, they're a really worthwhile addition to the UX, and in my opinion, definitely one that outweighs the zoomed-out card view by a ton.
    I never really used mini-card view, and with stacks I definitely don't miss it. Stacks makes it easy to navigate between apps. I can have six browser cards open, then switch to the email app without having to scroll through all those six browser cards. Where before you had to zoom out to get a view of more cards, on webOS 2.0 with stacks you can view four cards simultaneously (that's the most cards you can see individually in one stack before some of them show off-screen), then just scroll once to the next four cards.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoMe View Post
    I never really used the mini cards. I found the horizontal line of tiny cards useless. Maybe if they were arranged in a grid of four...larger that the minis but smaller than the minimized cards. That would be dope.
    I agree that this would have made mini-card view an awesome feature.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Somthing else that occurred to me is that instead of bringing back mini cards as we knew them maybe they could have the "stack" deal out the cards in a grid like I mentioned before.

For example..say you have a stack of four cards, and then you double tap or "pinch out" the stack and it deals the "mini cards" out in a grid 2 by 2.
    Last edited by WhoMe; 03/03/2011 at 03:29 PM.
    well, I'm one of those missing the mini cards...

what happened with them ? is not possible to patch webos to bring the minicards back?
    What do you think of my idea?:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ards-mode.html

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi using Forums