1.    #1  
    My wife just told me that all of our (she and I) text 'conversations' are not retained. If she texts anyone esle, the entire conversation is there and saved. But, ours are not. Each individual text appears as a standalone and if she goes back to my contact, there will be no record of the conversation.

I appear to be the only contact that this happens with.

Anyone have an idea why? Is there a toggle she may have inadvertently switched that erases texts for my contact as they go?
    it has been a while, friend! Glad to see the original Pre posting!

I haven't seen anything like this, but can you describe it a bit more?

also, what carrier, etc. I had a few strange text bugs that were specific to verizon.
    check to make sure you don't have the phone number stored twice somewhere under different names
  4.    #4  
    Sprint Pre (-).

Stock. It is my wife's phone and she is out of town. I'll ask if she has me listed twice, but I do not think anything like that has changed in the last few days and this just started. She has had that phone since a month or so after launch day
    Odd! The only time I had that happen was when it sent a few texts to the wrong person.

I also had it happen where the right person got them, but my Pre put them on the wrong person's list.

Never found a cause or solution, I doctored shortly after and never had the problem, again.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  6.    #6  
    "I haven't seen anything like this, but can you describe it a bit more?"

Assume you and I have a sms session in which we each exchange 5 texts (you send, I reply....each 5 times). If you go back to the SMS app you will see my contact name and can read the entire conversation all over again.

Or, if you respond to me the next day, it will be added to that string of texts and you can see the whole thing.

Now, when me and my wife exchange texts and she goes back, there is NO record of us having sent any. It appears to her that each time see sends me one, it is the FIRST one (like all others were deleted)

Now, her other conversations are there. any friends, co-workers, etc are unaffected. MINE is the only one (that she has noted) that just disappears.
    Quote Originally Posted by antonio3 View Post
    check to make sure you don't have the phone number stored twice somewhere under different names
    good point.

is she saying that the main view of the text message app doesn't show that she had a text conv with you?

and are you also on a sprint pre- ?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    good point.

is she saying that the main view of the text message app doesn't show that she had a text conv with you?

and are you also on a sprint pre- ?

Yes, see my explanation above

No, I am on blackberry
    rlee, you just can't be normal about anything, that's what I blame it on. J/k

Sent from my favorite gadget!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    rlee, you just can't be normal about anything, that's what I blame it on. J/k

hahahahaha

FACT!!!
    I had an issue that was specific to texts from a vzw feature phone.

I really think there has to be an instance if a duplicate of your contact or at least your number... But that seems a bit odd. I'm trying to think what else we can try, (short of battery pull, doctor, etc.)
  12.    #12  
    I appreciate it. I'll see her on Sunday and look at it. Hell, for all I know she is looking at the BACK of the phone. hahaha

If ya'll tell her I said that, I'll deny it and hunt you all down and beat you into submission with a wet carp!!!!