Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone have any idea? I say its coming in the 'coming weeks.' still trying to understand how the newest palm phone does not have access to the newest software.
    Who knows, but I'm not really thinking that much about it. What does it have that 2.0 doesn't? I guess exhibition will be neat enough, but Pre 2 usually only sits on the Touchstone when I go to bed and all I would want is the clock anyway.
  3.    #3  
    Hoping for bug fixes, better google sync, exhibition mode.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    GPS works on 2.0 so I'm pretty much happy.
    We shouldn't have to compromise... the Pre Plus got it first, I find that a little strange. There isn't even a carrier to have to push it through for the Pre 2s.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    We shouldn't have to compromise... the Pre Plus got it first, I find that a little strange. There isn't even a carrier to have to push it through for the Pre 2s.
    There's Verizon Wireless.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm getting a bit ticked off too. What's the point of having the current flagship phone when you are treated little better than a standard Pre user?

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I installed 2.1 on a Pre, and guess what; GPS fix in Airplane Mode.
    They actually changed something
    Very interesting. So, does that sort of shoot down the theory that Verizon was crippling it? If a WebOS update fixed it, it would seem to be more of a Palm issue than a VZ one.

Will be nice if 2.1 can make the GPS even better in the Pre 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
    There's Verizon Wireless.

True, but majority of Pre 2's are unlocked...and I'm not on verizon, I'm on vodafone australia so I should be stuck waiting...isn't webos 2.1 ready for Pre twos yet?

Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    True, but majority of Pre 2's are unlocked...and I'm not on verizon, I'm on vodafone australia so I should be stuck waiting...isn't webos 2.1 ready for Pre twos yet?

Who knows if 2.1 is ready for the Pre 2 yet. If you look here, the 2.0.1 Doctor is the latest download available for that particular device.

Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Hoping for bug fixes, better google sync, exhibition mode.
    Amen brother... This is is just straight stupied. Please fix google sync. like NOW!
    Exectution is HPs most important action right now. They should be "on the ball" for all of their Palm products if they want to make a dent in the market. I, for one, am waiting for 2.1 because of the bug fixes and additional functionality...
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAGeek View Post
    Amen brother... This is is just straight stupied. Please fix google sync. like NOW!
    Is Google sync broken in 2.0.1?? Ie. no calendar and contacts sync?
    For sure contacts sync from Pre2 to Google contacts doesn't work.
    Last edited by kbywal; 03/03/2011 at 10:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Amplificator View Post
    Is Google sync broken in 2.0.1?? Ie. no calendar and contacts sync?
    It mostly works for me. I can calendar sync in both directions for a couple of weeks and then something breaks which starts off preventing sync from Pre 2 to Google and then completely breaks a few days later. Removing and adding the account resolves.

For contact sync, I have only ever managed to sync from Google to Pre 2. It won't go the other way.

Andrew
  16.    #16  
    I have to remove all my google accounts, restart, then sync. Everything then works perfectly for a couple of days and then "something" happens. Repeat cycle every few days
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    What about Skype and Voice recorder in 2.1? Is this coming? I mean invitations for events and manual reminder and time settings for events...is this going to come soon, like in March 11?
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    anyone have any idea? I say its coming in the 'coming weeks.' still trying to understand how the newest palm phone does not have access to the newest software.
    If this is true it won't be soon. No one is patching if a new version is out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mwr0707 View Post
    As of today, Palm support says a fix for this issue will be pushed out in 1-2 weeks.
    Last edited by Dick99999; 03/03/2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Link repaired
    I agree 2.0.1 has too many bugs. I'm happy with my Pre 2, I just wish some bugs would get fixed in WebOS.

ET
    it is quite frustrating to purchase the newest device and watch older devices be upgraded first. I am not complaining, and I am happy for those who are able to upgrade, however it is still frustrating.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast