Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Is there any way to open a jpeg through the terminal with the installed picture viewer application?

I have installed ZoneMinder on a box in my business and have it taking motion detected pictures. I know I can probably ssh into the box with the phone using sftp and then move over all the files, but I would like to know if while I'm logged in to the ZM box, I can open a picture directly on my phone. I tried using the 'display' command but it says it can't open the file because there is no X server running (my X server/XTerm have not worked for a while, but thats another post I guess). Thanks

-Josh
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    I think linux requires xServer or a similar service to be running to display anything that's not displayable in the command line.

An alternative is to setup a script to SSH and pull the latest pictures to your phone. I know you mentioned not wanting to transfer pictures but it seems to be the easiest way.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    you might need to set up an xserver on your phone. if you want to display images from a remote server.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...erver-pre.html

I dont know of a way to launch the webos picture app from command line and pass in the image value.

does your ZoneMinder box host image as a web server? if so you might beable to access them through the browser.

last suggestion is to try and find an sdl linux program that can view images from an ZoneMinder server.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Forget it, I got it. Though not what I wanted, it works! I just made a new site in apache, served on port 8080 with the document root a symbolic link to where the pictures are saved so now I can open them through the browser.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Thanks guys, I didn't see your replies. I did exactly what you said El Pollo. Works good enough that I can check it from the parking lot while on wifi.