Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Check this out, both HP Pre3 and Touchpad make the list, with no Apple products in the list!
    Top 5 Most wanted products for March 2011 - Tom's Top 5
    LOL...isn't that the same guy who got tons of hate here for (correctly, as it turns out) predicting Palm's demise as a top 5 prediction for 2010?
    That list bears no resemblance to reality. First, this is not a list Tom compiled, but was derived from GDGT. Go to GDGT and do some digging. You will find that over 24,000 want Apple gadgets, while just over 3,000 want HP gadgets. I suspect this is the result of a poll, but did not find it.

Go ahead and believe what you like. This not only does not reflect reality in general, it does not even reflect reality on GDGT.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    LOL...isn't that the same guy who got tons of hate here for (correctly, as it turns out) predicting Palm's demise as a top 5 prediction for 2010?
    I wasn't aware of Palm's "demise". I thought Palm was bought by HP, who were going to use webOS on a bunch of new devices. Shows how little I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodShapedHole View Post
    I wasn't aware of Palm's "demise". I thought Palm was bought by HP, who were going to use webOS on a bunch of new devices. Shows how little I know.
    Well, if you'd bother to actually view his prediction, he quite clearly acknowledges that the devices and/or brand may live on at another company, but Palm, as a corporate entity, would not survive the year, and they did not.
    Ah, that's pretty cool then. I guess the guy does know what he's talking about