View Poll Results: Have you upgraded to WebOS 2.1 yet?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I updated my main/only phone!

33 45.21%
  • Yes, but only on my secondary/backup/developer phone.

3 4.11%
  • Not yet, but probably will shortly.

4 5.48%
  • Not yet, I'm waiting for (app, patch) to work.

14 19.18%
  • Not unless there's an official release, or at least a much easier method.

16 21.92%
  • Not going to bother, I'm happy with my phone as it it.

3 4.11%
  1.    #1  
    Just curious about how quickly the PreCentral community has jumped on the 2.1 upgrade. Have you upgraded? If not, why?

My personal answer is option 4. I've got one phone, and haven't updated it yet, but I probably will shortly after the new version of Uberkernal (which of course is pending source code release by HP).
    I went for option #5. I'm not computer illiterate but I don't like messing around with things if I don't understand what i'm actually doing. Especially since the Pre is my only phone. I'll wait for either an official release or at least a simpler method from the community. Plus I don't have Linux or Mac, I don't feel like installing another OS to upgrade my phone.
    I'm still on the fence. If I had to answer in the poll it would be "not until the verizon applications all work including VZ Navigator". I'm leary of this particular since I am still under warranty - maybe after I am not under warranty I will consider this more seriously.
    I'm waiting for the 2.1 Uberkernel, which should be released within 24 Hrs since the 2.1 source has been released.
    I'm just worried about messing it up somehow on my primary phone...so far the reviews have less then stellar to make the jump and deal with jittery phone and non-functioning camera as some have reported.
    I went ahead and did it; especially after I figured out how to add Sprint TV and Navigation back in. I'm really missing UberKernel and ModeSwitcher though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    I went ahead and did it; especially after I figured out how to add Sprint TV and Navigation back in. I'm really missing UberKernel and ModeSwitcher though.
    ditto. To combat the sluggishness, read wiki about compcache setting change in Govanah. Other than that I'm liking it. Flash is cool and figured out how to get sprint nav back.
    Waiting for the "update PRL" and "update network settings" bug to get worked out.
    I didn't upgrade, but my reason is not listed above. I care more about new hardware than getting webOS 2.x. If the Pre 2 couldn't be hacked to run on Sprint, I probably would have went ahead & done it. Since the Pre 2 can be made to work on Sprint, I'll be getting my Pre minus upgraded to a 2. Can't wait for webOS World to start offering the service.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    Just curious about how quickly the PreCentral community has jumped on the 2.1 upgrade. Have you upgraded? If not, why?

My personal answer is option 4. I've got one phone, and haven't updated it yet, but I probably will shortly after the new version of Uberkernal (which of course is pending source code release by HP).
    You left off one option - Installed it, but went back to the older version
    Quote Originally Posted by bbirch View Post
    I went for option #5. I'm not computer illiterate but I don't like messing around with things if I don't understand what i'm actually doing. Especially since the Pre is my only phone. I'll wait for either an official release or at least a simpler method from the community. Plus I don't have Linux or Mac, I don't feel like installing another OS to upgrade my phone.
    Not trying to talk you into doing it, but a few things you should know:

• You can always put 1.4.5 back, if you don't like what you see (just be sure to use a new email address for a new profile, if you want to do this)
    • No need to install another OS, use Cygwin on your Windows machine
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Installed it on my pre-, played with it for few days, it's pretty cool and I liked it.
    Had some issues with synergi though, FB would not sync calendar or contacts.....and of course I missed all the patches and tweaks and my glass launcher so went back to 1.4.5....
    Will go to 2.1.0 when they release kernel and sort some syncing issues... That will probably happen soon couse webOS has the best dev. com.
    Upgraded my only phone(Vzw Pre+) and waiting on my wife's Pre+ for UK to drop...it's very laggy @ 600mHz, otherwise a good OS. Quickoffice doesn't seem to work for me though.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cdbillups View Post
    Didn't know 2.1 broke MS. That's a definite "must fix" for me before I jump.
    I upgraded it. For the PRL, I can just download the latest prl off the internet and stick it on my phone with QPST.

Truth told, I upgraded because I was bored with the phone and it's not really BUT MY PHOOOOOOONE for me, at this point, the Pre- is so old and I've gotten it replaced so many times for legit reasons (heck, I need to take this one in because the usb crack has crept on the screen), it's kinda like a toy phone to me, especially since I'll probably be leaving for Verizon and a Pre 3 in a few months..
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    Didn't know 2.1 broke MS. That's a definite "must fix" for me before I jump.
    ModeSwitcher works ok, I just use the 2.01 patch for booting, only issues that I have came across in my use of it so far is that it won't close applications on mode switch. Could be others that I haven't come across. sconix is working on versions 2.0 to fix any issues.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I still have until september before my contract is up,and from reading the threads on 2.1,it all seems a bit hit and miss as to whether you get all functionality back after doing the update.
    So come september when i get a new phone i will update.
    i'm just not sure between the SE arc or SE play.
    As i very much doubt there will be any palm/hp phones available on any UK carriers.Sad but true!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I'll probably update my O2 Pre Minus to 2.1 as soon as they have the UberKernel ready for 2.x.

I understand that Apps from my old Palm Profile should sync to 2.1 just fine although there may be problems with other data in the Profile such as account information and notes...
    Can anybody confirm or deny that Save/Restore works in 2.x? If I back my Save/Restore folder and doctor to 2.1, will I be able to restore my in-app information after all the apps have synced to my phone?
    Save/Restore works. Things like the launcher and stuff will not restore, but all my app data restored.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Does this refer to webOS 2.1 on the Pre 2 or on the Pre Plus devices??

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)