1.    #1  
    I've never seen anyone else with a Pre before. It was a women around 50, typing an email. I said hello and asked her how she likes the Pre.

"I hate it...it's so slow."

Surprisingly, it is her WORK phone. She has a Razr for her personal phone.

It was a short conversation.
    Should of told her about Preware and P|C!
    note: always carry a netbook and usb cable so you can install preware and uberkernel before you let them out of the handcuffs. They will thank you.

and if she still has a razr... A smartphone is somewhat wasted on her.
  4.    #4  
    I thought of it (about telling her about Preware and O/C...NOT carrying around a netbook and preware/uberkernel....haha), but she DEFINITELY wasn't the type. She wasn't interested in chit-chatting anyway.
    -beta testing WebOS since June 2009.
    @cantaffordit

LOL!!!

The webOS mafia.

"youz ain't got preware on your PRE? Rubi ain't gonna like dat, eh boys? Let's show dis guy how a Pre REALLY works, heh heh heh." (USB cord held taut in the fists of the lead man.)
    Somebody in my 4th period has an at&t pre plus and she said it was okay but not like her old iphone. I didn't bother telling her about preware because she looked like she'd never do anything software releated. It's her loss if she can't download youtube videos . And my bus driver has a sprint pre but he's never said anything too bad about it. And my sis' friend has a sprint pixi and just like me, she said it's slow an has bad battery life. If it wasn't for preware then my phone would be a complete bore. Kudos to webos-internals and other homebrew developers.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurgling View Post
    I thought of it (about telling her about Preware and O/C...NOT carrying around a netbook and preware/uberkernel....haha), but she DEFINITELY wasn't the type. She wasn't interested in chit-chatting anyway.
    Lol..
    So you were trying to have a chit chat with her???
    Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    One of my corporate IT clients supplied a lot of their users with Pre Pluses (before the Verizon iPhone - these were for those that didn't want to leave Verizon, but wanted an iPhone-like device). I found that most of these users didn't like their Pre Plus, but not because it was slow or has bad battery life. Most of them just never learned to use it. One user couldn't figure out how to get notifications to go away. Another didn't understand the difference between system volume and media volume. Another user just didn't understand the gesture concept at all (didn't know how to open Prefs menus, or close apps, etc). In all these cases, after a few minutes explaining how to use the phone, these users seemed much more satisfied with their phone.

I hope HP learns the lesson that while webOS is extremely easy to use, it is not entirely intuitive to learn for non-technical users. Sales reps need to do just a few minutes of training, but maybe that's asking too much. HP should have some sort of training resources available, though (aside from the intro video on the device).
    Quote Originally Posted by GTAFan9999 View Post
    Somebody in my 4th period has an at&t pre plus and she said it was okay but not like her old iphone. I didn't bother telling her about preware because she looked like she'd never do anything software releated. It's her loss if she can't download youtube videos . And my bus driver has a sprint pre but he's never said anything too bad about it. And my sis' friend has a sprint pixi and just like me, she said it's slow an has bad battery life. If it wasn't for preware then my phone would be a complete bore. Kudos to webos-internals and other homebrew developers.
    if she is cute, you missed your chance to be a hero!
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    @cantaffordit

LOL!!!

The webOS mafia.

"youz ain't got preware on your PRE? Rubi ain't gonna like dat, eh boys? Let's show dis guy how a Pre REALLY works, heh heh heh." (USB cord held taut in the fists of the lead man.)
    yesterday i was in a starbucks and saw a guy with a sprint pre. He said he really liked it. It had a theme installed, and MHS. Someone else had done that. Preware was left behind, but they hadnt overclocked..

so he let me instal uberkernal/govnah amd he was amazed... Muahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    note: always carry a netbook and usb cable so you can install preware and uberkernel before you let them out of the handcuffs. They will thank you.

and if she still has a razr... A smartphone is somewhat wasted on her.
    I do that :P I also have all the install files on my phones USB drive so if we are near a comp amd I don't have my netbook we can use any computer :P

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I've seen a share of pres etc, but few and far between. For a phone that has been around for almost 2 years. I would have expected more.

But all in all, no one had any complaints. Most users that I have forward to pre's have since moved on or are saying they will due to the lack of "new". Very few of them actually used the preware. They were 30-40 years of age. 1 or 2 installed preware and used themes but that was it.
    My dad has a pre, installed the battery as pct patch for him as well as a few other minor ones.

My uncle has a pre, still working with him, don't see him often and when I emailed him he couldn't turn developer mode on...

My friend has a pixi, sent him links but haven't seen since starting college.

Another friend has an att pre, no idea but told her of all this before she got it and she's fairly tech savy.

One of the girls in half my classes and my chem lab has one, havebt talked to her yet.

Son of the owners of my rents favorite restaurant has one, we had a half hour conversation about preware and overclocking and didn't even know each other.

Guy at radioshack by my house has one with extended battery, didn't see if he had preware and my friend that works there was to afraid I would give him my business so wouldn't let me talk to him lol.

Seen a few on people idk at my school, Cal State Fullerton.

Yeah... Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

I saw this lady typing on one crying, so I didn't approach her.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html