1.    #1  
    Hi I'm new here writing first time I just bought on ebay a used sprint palm pre and the main reason is the flash and I guess only 2.x has it so I have to upgrade I'm sitting here and reading all kind of threads and can't figure it out how to do it on windows Xp can someone pls give a step to step guide like I saw someone giving with mac? I also wanna do the update before I put up the sprint service so its windows xp browser I'm using is google chrome looking for step by step for dummies how to upgrade. I would really enjoy if someone can help me thanks!!
    I can't post a link because you can't read them yet, but I need to search the forum posts. Their is also a metadoctor guide in wikipedia that will help you a lot. I wouldn't recommend doing any of this unless you really know what you are doing! Otherwise I would wait a little while longer until the community develops a complete, stable version.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Man, you bought wrong phone.
    There is no simple guide.

Look in the WebOSInternals forum for the thread...

How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor

That will link you to the Wiki page. If that's all a bit daunting, then you need to wait a while. But the process will probably never to be simple unless HP gets involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Man, you bought wrong phone.
    Agreed, that is an old phone. Your easiest bet is to buy a Pre2. Prices should go down in a few months when Pre3 arrives.
  6.    #6  
    First thank u everybody for replying I paid $35 total for the phone. I'm good doing all this tech stuff its just my first touching palm stuff. I guess I'll have to ask u here step by step. And I appreciate very much the help. First I wanna update my phone before I put the sprint service can I do it like this ?
  7.    #7  
    Still waiting to be answered if I can update before putting sprint service??
    plz plz some at least make video guide by using windows 7

I don't know how to do it by the webos internalz guide
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Hi I'm new here writing first time I just bought on ebay a used sprint palm pre and the main reason is the flash and I guess only 2.x has it so I have to upgrade I'm sitting here and reading all kind of threads and can't figure it out how to do it on windows Xp can someone pls give a step to step guide like I saw someone giving with mac? I also wanna do the update before I put up the sprint service so its windows xp browser I'm using is google chrome looking for step by step for dummies how to upgrade. I would really enjoy if someone can help me thanks!!
    Go to WebOS Internals web page - www webos-internals org (put dots in the spaces, since you can't follow links yet)

Look for this page:
    /wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

Basically, you're going to want to:

• Download the SDK (so you have the necessary drivers)
    • Install Cygwin
    • Follow the Linux/Cygwin steps on those pages

It's really all much easier than it appears if you're reading the threads.
    This is the current (and thus, simpliest) guide available to get WebOS 2.1 on your phone, and thus flash. If you want to use this, and have Windows, I suggest using the Cygwin method. You CAN do this, if you are willing to read and learn. And there is a video somewhere, but you still really need to read this:

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Still waiting to be answered if I can update before putting sprint service??
    You should be able to. But if it doesn't work, you can always put 1.4.5 back.
  12.    #12  
    Thank u guys I'll do step by step first thing I think is easiest to use wuib.exe better then cygwin cause when u use cygwin u need more options so I'm downloading now wuib full program from ubuntu
  13.    #13  
    Do I need to download the full sdk or novacom alone is enough?
    I never downloaded the sdk and everything works for me.
    Novacom is what you need.