Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Hi I'm new here writing first time I just bought on ebay a used sprint palm pre and the main reason is the flash and I guess only 2.x has it so I have to upgrade I'm sitting here and reading all kind of threads and can't figure it out how to do it on windows Xp can someone pls give a step to step guide like I saw someone giving with mac? I also wanna do the update before I put up the sprint service so its windows xp browser I'm using is google chrome looking for step by step for dummies how to upgrade. I would really enjoy if someone can help me thanks!!
  2. #2  
    I can't post a link because you can't read them yet, but I need to search the forum posts. Their is also a metadoctor guide in wikipedia that will help you a lot. I wouldn't recommend doing any of this unless you really know what you are doing! Otherwise I would wait a little while longer until the community develops a complete, stable version.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  3. #3  
    Man, you bought wrong phone.
  4. #4  
    There is no simple guide.

    Look in the WebOSInternals forum for the thread...

    How to install webOS 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre- using the Meta-Doctor

    That will link you to the Wiki page. If that's all a bit daunting, then you need to wait a while. But the process will probably never to be simple unless HP gets involved.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    Man, you bought wrong phone.
    Agreed, that is an old phone. Your easiest bet is to buy a Pre2. Prices should go down in a few months when Pre3 arrives.
  6.    #6  
    First thank u everybody for replying I paid $35 total for the phone. I'm good doing all this tech stuff its just my first touching palm stuff. I guess I'll have to ask u here step by step. And I appreciate very much the help. First I wanna update my phone before I put the sprint service can I do it like this ?
  7.    #7  
    Still waiting to be answered if I can update before putting sprint service??
  8. #8  
    plz plz some at least make video guide by using windows 7

    I don't know how to do it by the webos internalz guide
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Hi I'm new here writing first time I just bought on ebay a used sprint palm pre and the main reason is the flash and I guess only 2.x has it so I have to upgrade I'm sitting here and reading all kind of threads and can't figure it out how to do it on windows Xp can someone pls give a step to step guide like I saw someone giving with mac? I also wanna do the update before I put up the sprint service so its windows xp browser I'm using is google chrome looking for step by step for dummies how to upgrade. I would really enjoy if someone can help me thanks!!
    Go to WebOS Internals web page - www webos-internals org (put dots in the spaces, since you can't follow links yet)

    Look for this page:
    /wiki/WebOS_2_Upgrade

    Basically, you're going to want to:

    • Download the SDK (so you have the necessary drivers)
    • Install Cygwin
    • Follow the Linux/Cygwin steps on those pages

    It's really all much easier than it appears if you're reading the threads.
  10. #10  
    This is the current (and thus, simpliest) guide available to get WebOS 2.1 on your phone, and thus flash. If you want to use this, and have Windows, I suggest using the Cygwin method. You CAN do this, if you are willing to read and learn. And there is a video somewhere, but you still really need to read this:

    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Still waiting to be answered if I can update before putting sprint service??
    You should be able to. But if it doesn't work, you can always put 1.4.5 back.
  12.    #12  
    Thank u guys I'll do step by step first thing I think is easiest to use wuib.exe better then cygwin cause when u use cygwin u need more options so I'm downloading now wuib full program from ubuntu
  13.    #13  
    Do I need to download the full sdk or novacom alone is enough?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Do I need to download the full sdk or novacom alone is enough?
    I never downloaded the sdk and everything works for me.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    Do I need to download the full sdk or novacom alone is enough?
    Novacom is what you need.

Posting Permissions