1.    #1  
    Hey, i have two questions:

first: how is the heat issue with new devices like the pre2 or veer. i know nobody has had a veer in use but on the hp event they have used it the hole day, it seems there is not a big problem with heat anymore

second: i have toughed about building some kind of heat pipes into my pixi. the heat is comming form one spot (bottom right corner - under the metal plate?) i wanted to build a heatpipe plate which covers the battery, so heat can be turned from that one spot the a bigger area. has anybody tried something like this?
    Copper is not magnetical, so the touchstone should be no problem.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently View Post
    Hey, i have two questions:

first: how is the heat issue with new devices like the pre2 or veer. i know nobody has had a veer in use but on the hp event they have used it the hole day, it seems there is not a big problem with heat anymore

second: i have toughed about building some kind of heat pipes into my pixi. the heat is comming form one spot (bottom right corner - under the metal plate?) i wanted to build a heatpipe plate which covers the battery, so heat can be turned from that one spot the a bigger area. has anybody tried something like this?
    Copper is not magnetical, so the touchstone should be no problem.
    Thanks for the new word... "magnetical"

I don't think, just because copper is non-ferrous, it will work with the touchstone. If I understand the touchstone correctly, the magnetic property is just to adhere the phone to the touchstone. The transfer of power and other communication signals are done via inductance between a coil in the touchstone and the one in the phone's back. To do this properly, you really need a non-conductive solution.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad