1.    #1  
    Alright so the speaker on the top of my phone that you hear though has broke. The only way you can take a call is on speaker. I went in to the verizon store and they promptly ordered me a new Pre+ free of charge with overnight shipping.

My question to you all is if there is any way to transfer memos? I have some important ones that I want to keep. I could type them up on the computer and retype them back in but I wanted to make sure there was no easy fix first. I know it was dumb of me to use such a bad application but is there a way?

Pictures don't seem hard to transfer and from what I understand when I link the palm profile with my new phone it'll automatically sync contacts.

Thanks.
    I think there is something that also backs up memos, but I don't remember the specifics.

When switching to the Evo, I just emailed them to myself. LOL

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    From the Palm website:

Palm profile

When you set up your phone, you create a Palm profile. This gives you access to over-the-air services like data backup and software updates. Your phone backs up the contacts, calendar events, tasks, and memos that are in your Palm profile, as well as system settings and any apps downloaded to your phone.
    So make a manual backup so you're sure everything is synced, and you should be good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by emc2trooper View Post
    From the Palm website:

So make a manual backup so you're sure everything is synced, and you should be good to go.
    Thanks!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    i used to backup my memos manually from time to time on "Google Notebook" , its so easy just like Copy Paste one by one. google notbook have a search tool also.
    also there is an option in menu when u open a memo, you can email that memo, email them one by one if its ok for you.
  6.    #6  
    Ah alright sweet so everything is automatically synced? Thats convenient
    don't trust that everything is automatically synced. just before you make the switch, open the backup app and do a manual backup.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    memos automatically synced with your Palm Profile. but if somthing wronge happened to your pre(brocken or stolen) you cant access your memos untill you get a Pre and sync it again with your palm profile.
    so its good to backup your memos on another place like googe notebook or google docs or by email, but you can do this manually not automatically.
  9.    #9  
    How do I back them up with google notebook?
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    i'd like to know how to do this as well.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    just googled' google notebook and its no longer being offered.

i have the first pre...still on OS1.4.5....
    i'd like to copy my memos to my pc---any help is appreciated. thanks
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    from ur Pre go to : m.google.com
    then choose 'Notebook'.
    after that you can add notes or simply copy any memo and paste it there. thats it
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ok...and once i open google on my desktop, how do i obtain? will it be in documents?
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    thx...
    guess its better than nothing....
    still a lot to do but hey wadeva.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    there is a paid apps called notes that syncs google docs, but this google notebook looks good on pre browser and its a free solution and good for who has not much notes
    The Save/Restore app saves your memos in an html file, but it doesn't automatically restore them. If your memos are not restored with your Palm Profile, you have to manually insert your notes from the html file.