Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    many bugs listed but how about improvements?
    1) gps is a huge one, works pretty well
    2) keyboard is massively improved! on 1.4.5 kbd was horrific.
    3) battery life? But I was using OC before.

anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by hmorgan25 View Post
    many bugs listed but how about improvements?
    1) gps is a huge one, works pretty well
    2) keyboard is massively improved! on 1.4.5 kbd was horrific.
    3) battery life? But I was using OC before.

anyone else?
    Can you add some detail on these?

For example on item 1 (GPS) what was your past experience and what is the new experience? Give specifics if possible.

For item 2 - were you skipping keys before or what specific symptom is improved?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Can you add some detail on these?

For example on item 1 (GPS) what was your past experience and what is the new experience? Give specifics if possible.

For item 2 - were you skipping keys before or what specific symptom is improved?
    1) GPS works without any disable agps patch. It works a bit strangely as it's not totally accurate all the time, and doesn't seem to use agps at all (probably because it's not a vzw build but i'm not an expert so who knows), but when i'm outside it picks me up very quickly but again, seems to only use gps.
    So specifics, I only used the block agps patch and it seemed to work fairly well, but was taking a few minutes to lock in, and sometimes it never did, but most of the time it did, but honestly, it was a bit frustrating to constantly close and reopen gps dashboard to try to wake up the gps.

2) i had incredibly bad typing issues, mainly due to missed keys, sometimes double typing. but letter E, O N, and some others were horrible. it was almost unusable, and I was ready to get a pre2 to resolve it, but then this meta doc build came out.

regarding GPS, i broke down and trialed vznav, and then of course everything worked great (prior to 2.1 of course). so now i canceled it as it seems to be working fine, and of course it's not included in the build anyway.