webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > Finally! WebOS 2.1 support RTL languages, this is HOW for Arabic ...
Finally! WebOS 2.1 support RTL languages, this is HOW for Arabic ...
Like Tree9Likes

Old 03/16/2012, 11:09 AM   #81 (permalink)

( Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you ) * infinite time
dats awesome now i can read Arabic usin' my touchpad 3.0.5
ur super amazing
Mohammed.sokoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2012, 04:28 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjz View Post
I recently Doctored my Pre- with WebOS 2.1 Doctor. and i found that it brings RTL support including Arabic
in WebOS 1.4.5 Arabic was showen as BLANK and the replacing Font trick dosnt work! and that because of leaked support in WebOS system files.

Now on WebOS 2.1 the replacing font trick works for Arabic, but not any font, for that i got an Arabic Font from Android, which is a Connected Arabic Font that displays Arabic well and make it readable. the font attached as an attachment.
BTW that works everywhere in WebOS including SMS/Web/memos/Calender/apps/ and so on ...

This is HOW TO Enable Arabic (Only for WebOS 2.1) :
1. Download the attached file called: "HeiS_nb.zip"
2. Unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" to get the "HeiS_nb.ttf"
3. Connect you Palm Pre to WOSQI
4. From Menu click on "Tools" then choose "Send File"
5. Now choose the ""HeiS_nb.ttf" from your PC and type "/usr/share/fonts/" to send the font to your Fonts Folder.
6. Restart your Palm Pre.
7. Thats it your Pre is now reads Arabic.

This is a proof:

Click to view quoted image

Now i think it is possible to make an On-Screen Keyboard to Write Arabic like Hebrew and other languages ... Could anybody please help me out to make it using the attached font?
thnx
plz send it in Arabic 4 touchpad
slsooleh1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2012, 03:41 AM   #83 (permalink)

Thanks a lot for your post. it worked on my Hp touchpad.

Actually this font is not compatible with Persian written pages (the letters are completely separated, and the 4 پ*چ*گ*ژ letters are not included in it). If you know any Persian ttf format font could you please post it.

Secondarily if you guys don't turn on the developer mode (before connecting your Hp touchpad to PC or Laptop), the webos Quick Install can not recognize your device (The software which is on yout PC or Laptop), so before connecting your Hp touchpad turn it on by typing "webos20090606" in the just typing section.

Anyway its better than nothing for people who need Persian fonts, at least you can understand whats on the page.
Milad Redman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/13/2012, 01:07 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milad Redman View Post
Thanks a lot for your post. it worked on my Hp touchpad.

Actually this font is not compatible with Persian written pages (the letters are completely separated, and the 4 پ*چ*گ*ژ letters are not included in it). If you know any Persian ttf format font could you please post it.

Secondarily if you guys don't turn on the developer mode (before connecting your Hp touchpad to PC or Laptop), the webos Quick Install can not recognize your device (The software which is on yout PC or Laptop), so before connecting your Hp touchpad turn it on by typing "webos20090606" in the just typing section.

Anyway its better than nothing for people who need Persian fonts, at least you can understand whats on the page.
See this thread: Arabization for webOS
Everything about Arabizing all WebOS, from 1.4.5. to 3.0.5
Old 05/17/2012, 02:47 PM   #85 (permalink)

Thank you its really helpful
ahusban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2012, 07:09 PM   #86 (permalink)

thank
nawaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/20/2013, 04:12 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjz View Post
I recently Doctored my Pre- with WebOS 2.1 Doctor. and i found that it brings RTL support including Arabic
in WebOS 1.4.5 Arabic was showen as BLANK and the replacing Font trick dosnt work! and that because of leaked support in WebOS system files.

Now on WebOS 2.1 the replacing font trick works for Arabic, but not any font, for that i got an Arabic Font from Android, which is a Connected Arabic Font that displays Arabic well and make it readable. the font attached as an attachment.
BTW that works everywhere in WebOS including SMS/Web/memos/Calender/apps/ and so on ...

This is HOW TO Enable Arabic (Only for WebOS 2.1) :
1. Download the attached file called: "HeiS_nb.zip"
2. Unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" to get the "HeiS_nb.ttf"
3. Connect you Palm Pre to WOSQI
4. From Menu click on "Tools" then choose "Send File"
5. Now choose the ""HeiS_nb.ttf" from your PC and type "/usr/share/fonts/" to send the font to your Fonts Folder.
6. Restart your Palm Pre.
7. Thats it your Pre is now reads Arabic.

This is a proof:

Now i think it is possible to make an On-Screen Keyboard to Write Arabic like Hebrew and other languages ... Could anybody please help me out to make it using the attached font?
thnx
every time I hit the link to download .I got to log in page even I'm logged in.could you help me plz cuz my pad cannot read arabic
liky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2013, 11:03 AM   #88 (permalink)

thanks
ammar kagdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/23/2013, 06:39 AM   #89 (permalink)

thannnnnnnnnnnnks
hima2007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0