Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Hi Everybody ;

Thanks for the post .
    you can also try attached font .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ammar9 likes this.
    Hi there,
    Could you advise how to make the instructions below work on HP Touchpads with WebOS 3 ?
    does it work on hp touchpad 3.0.2
    I just installed it on my hp touchpad using the following instructions

Steps 1, 2, 4 and 5 are done on the PC.

BEFORE YOU BEGIN - Download and unzip "HeiS_nb.zip" onto your PC (needs to be on the PC, not the TouchPad).

1) Download WebOS Quick Install. You can find the download here.
    2) Run the "WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1" file which you just downloaded. You should also be prompted to download Novacom, make sure you do that.
    3) You now need to put your TouchPad into Developer Mode; to do this type "webos20090606" in the "Just type..." box and press enter, now switch the Developer Mode to "On".
    4) Connect your TouchPad to the PC via USB and run "WebOSQuickInstall-4.3.1" (if it isn't already running) and select "Tools", then select "Send File".
    5) Now, locate HeiS_nb.ttf (this is the file from "BEFORE YOU BEGIN"). Destination should be "/usr/share/fonts/". Send it to the device.

And that's all there is to it. Now all you have to do is restart your device.

-------------

Because I dont have more than 10 posts I cant insert the links so you might have to google the link for step 1
    Milad Redman likes this.
    Thank you so much niqaabis ... you made my day today it worked with my touchpad
    Thanks Niqaabis for the instruction, I just followed on my HP Touchpad and it worked, however the font HeiS_nb.zip seems to be "Arabic" only, when I go to farsi or persian websites I see words that don't make much sense because the first letter is disconnected from the rest of the word. As if in English someone writes W ord instead of word.
    Is there any Farsi font like ttf file so that we can thank you even more?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    thanks abbas1407 worked like a charm, although it isnt the best Arabic front (some styling issues; letters that appear differently at the end of the word appear as if they are in mid sentence) but works as advertised (I certainly am not complaining)
    thanks again
    endless thanks can not express my appreciation of your work and effort , GOD BLESS YOU
    SHOKRAN GAZELAN
    GAZAK ALLAH KOL KHAIR
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Guys Check "CvvB" Post, its much better and has fixes and further development of supporting Arabic on WebOS.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ml#post3162942
    I followed CVVB's pdf instructions and used the 2 latest files for HP Touchpad and now it reads Persian Farsi and Arabic. God bless Niqaabis & CVVB.
    Greetings if anyone can see this post i just got my HP touchpad and bee trying for ages can anyone show post step by step how to install it in pictures ? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nediara View Post
    Greetings if anyone can see this post i just got my HP touchpad and bee trying for ages can anyone show post step by step how to install it in pictures ? thanks
    Click on the pdf user guide here as it contains pictures: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-d...ion-webos.html
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx very much realyy helpfull the last one from niqappis thxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx very much
    Quote Originally Posted by behnoosh View Post
    Hi there,
    Could you advise how to make the instructions below work on HP Touchpads with WebOS 3 ?
    Hi I will be posting a complete guide of how to install Arabic language support in HP touchpad with updated firmware , I hope that I can also post "how to install Arabic keyboard" , because I am working on that now .
    Thanks
    wzaydan likes this.
    Many Thanks...
    Thank you .. it was helpfull.. i faced one problem.. the WebOSQuickInstall couldn`t open with Java from my laptop (64 bit). i tried many things and many ways to solve the problem .. 3 hours trying but it seems hopeless.. then i changed the computer.. i used 32 bit pc computer .. then every thing is ok, now i can read arabic from my touchpad
    but unfotunatly, i don`t know how to add arabic to the keyboard ?????
    if any can help .. thanks again
    Thank you .. it was helpfull.. i faced one problem.. the WebOSQuickInstall couldn`t open with Java from my laptop (64 bit). i tried many things and many ways to solve the problem .. 3 hours trying but it seems hopeless.. then i changed the computer.. i used 32 bit pc computer .. then every thing is ok, now i can read arabic from my touchpad
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tajruba View Post
    Touchpad arabic keyboard found here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/3174698-post255.html
    it semms that i should have Linux..I dont have linux ..I have Win 7 .. Do that steps work with Win 7 ...

Thanks for your help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast