1.    #1  
    So there is WebOs 2.1 for the Palm Pre Plus that can be patched for use with the original Pre. What about the Pre 2? When will there be an official update?
    Last edited by daze; 02/26/2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: wrong title
    Only HP knows, but I imagine it can't be too much longer since webOS 2.1 has been released for the Pre+.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    Only HP knows, but I imagine it can't be too much longer since webOS 2.1 has been released for the Pre+.
    What I cannot understand is why the hold up at all, specially for the unlocked Pre 2 that does not require any carrier approvals. With Palm/HP anything is possible, unbelievably the webOS 2 sdk is still under NDA, thus I would not be holding my breath for the update.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I know, I was really shocked too to see that the older devices in Germany are suddenly magically getting the upgrade before the unlocked GSM Pre 2s, even though the 2.1.0 update was pushed out to Pre 2s on the Rogers network over a month ago!! What gives?
    I am on rogers network and still on 2.0.1. Maybe it was just a mistake? I'd really like the update soon!
    My guess is that they have a lot of things to do right now. They have three devices comin' up...they have taken on to bring some love to the legacy devices and they have to iron out the bugs for the pre2...so they are pretty busy.

But I would be happy if I'll receive an update with a substantial boost - meaning actually making the basics better...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochman View Post
    I know, I was really shocked too to see that the older devices in Germany are suddenly magically getting the upgrade before the unlocked GSM Pre 2s, even though the 2.1.0 update was pushed out to Pre 2s on the Rogers network over a month ago!! What gives?
    It did not go to the Rogers Pre2. ONE user received it after somebody uploaded the 2.1 OTA update to the wrong server making it public instead of internal (or that's my best guess).

@OP: It will all come in due time. Give HP a break. They had 2.1.0 for the Pre+ ready on February 1st. They're probably still working on getting 2.1.0 working fully on the Pre2. After all, the Pre+'s 2.1.0 did come without a a few things that the Pre2 has, such as Flash. I would assume they're just working on bug fixes now, or further optimizations to Flash that would make it work better on the Pre2.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup