1.    #1  
    I did a search but did not find any threads since the announcement of new devices, although comments are littered through other threads.

In order for the Pre3, and TouchPad to be actual Enterprise friendly/ready devices as HP claims they will be, what do you think is needed?

I have a list below, please add to it and we can discuss. I also have an idea that I think would put HP ahead of the game: The Dual Profile

My idea of the dual profile goes like this: A person creates their HP profile and enters all personal data (gmail, facebook, etc.) and a company profile. The IT people can use computers (or an app) to make any settings they want, which are pushed to all phones that have that profile). For example, the company can purchase the voice memo app in bulk, and 'push' it to every device. The phones would pop up with a prompt to download the app. All of the settings can be controlled, and obviously things can be wiped from the device.

Other Needs

Real document editing
    Presentation controls
    EAS calendar view of other calendars
    Meeting invite/book resources

Thoughts?
    pdf reader that works.

PIM feature parity with centro/treo

ability to invite people to meetings

ability to accept ical/ical meetings directly from email.

battery life that can survive a busy 12 hour day at work.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/24/2011 at 10:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Encryption, centralized mangement (maybe cloud based or partner with 3rd party), Citrix app (confirmed), good certificate support (SCEP enrollment, client certs for VPN/wireless), Office doc editor (confimed)... To name a few.
    1. VPN...gotta have it.
    2. Corporate level Encryption (at least Truecrypt, or PGP w/server management is used by almost everyone in the medical field).
    3. Remote Desktop - Windows, Mac, and Linux can all be taken care of by VNC, but I'd like something more secure and native if possible.

HP has the muscle to make it happen and much of what I listed is already open source and ready and waiting to be implemented. Sorli...
    2.0 has a vpn
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    battery life that can survive a busy 12 day at work.
    WOW!

What a battery, 12 days, I am sure you meant 12hrs...I hope
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    WOW!

a phone for work and play, lasts the entire day of work, and the days of partying!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    WOW!

yep, 12 hour day... Can't type today.
    I don't know about enterprise, but for small business, that use exchange to schedule, color coding of appointments would be hella nice to have back. (I am sure i will post this same exact damn post at least 20 more times before the year is out)
    Pre 3 is supposed to have data encryption, according to Palm's website.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Pre 3 is supposed to have data encryption, according to Palm's website.
    Hmm, it's kind of vague . From HP Pre3 | Business Smartphone, Business Mobile Phones

Equipped with business essentials.
    With a camera for video calls, noise-cancelling speakerphone, and mobile hotspot, your office is mobile.1,6,7 Carry work information more safely thanks to data encryption and password protection. Access files securely from your company’s intranet with VPN support.1
    I hope they do offer a disk encryption option, but I'm thinking this statement may be referring to SSL/TLS support.