1.    #1  
    This thread will be used to discuss the flash experience on legacy devices.

If anyone finds a site (with strictly legal content) that works well with flash, then please post and I will add it to the original post so that others can enjoy also.

Using a O2 UK Pre Plus webOS 2.1

Initial experience:

Flash Games - Addicting Games - Free Games Games work well, a few slow downs but overall a good experience

Gizmodo, the Gadget Guide Short flash videos worked well, hardly any chopiness

[  Kiss Kube  ] Playable, but colours were slightly off and distorted

Random Sites: Streaming Kindergarten Cop was not a totally horrible experience, video and sound were in-sync, but the fps was very very low.
    Eddie Murphy Raw gave me my first flash element crash

Is there any sites people would like me to test?

Would also like to give thanks to Jason R for the easy guide on getting flash installed on 2.1
    If anyone missed Jason's thread, then here it is http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...s-2-1-0-a.html

Disclaimer:Please do not promote or link to sites that host pirated work, I should imagine such posts will be removed.
    Last edited by pip smith; 02/24/2011 at 04:18 PM.
    O2 Pre- UK not o/c

Initial tests after having flash for a matter of minutes

Flash Heavy Sites:
    SeeSaw - Starts to play programme after a long pause gets approx a second in stops and appears to take the browser with it.
    Iplayer - Not supported phone even though heavily flash.

Simple Sites:
    Newgrounds - Pause and then works ok.
    Adobe flash test site works but showcase is very slowwww
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    How are the little music player Flash elements on sites such as Popjustice? That's what I think I'd mostly use Flash for when I get round to installing 2.1...

As a random example, this Popjustice post has one: Popjustice - Can we all just make sure we're on the same page re the Alexis Jordan Freemasons mix
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    How are the little music player Flash elements on sites such as Popjustice? That's what I think I'd mostly use Flash for when I get round to installing 2.1...

As a random example, this Popjustice post has one: Popjustice - Can we all just make sure we're on the same page re the Alexis Jordan Freemasons mix
    Surprisingly good actually. Quick buffering, Good sound quality. Once playing you can x off the flash element and pan around the rest of the page, but card view pauses the flash element, (possible patch for this?)
    Any more you'd like me to try?

Just about to try kiss.com now
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Surprisingly good actually. Quick buffering, Good sound quality. Once playing you can x off the flash element and pan around the rest of the page, but card view pauses the flash element, (possible patch for this?)
    Any more you'd like me to try?

Just about to try kiss.com now
    No, that's it - thanks! Glad it works well, as I've been looking forward to being able to do this
    Thanks for doing this. I may never use it but it is good to have the option to do this, since the primary reason I got my Pre was the promised flash support.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Megavideo runs pretty poorly on my Pre-. It runs well enough, I guess. Really choppy, but at least it runs! \o/

Bloons Tower Defense 4 crawled very slowly.

This is at 600mhz

Overall, not great, but I am excited for Pre 3 running flash at stock 1.4ghz! This is a good teaser!
    Somethingawful.com Flash Tub section (short cartoons that are usually NSFW) runs pretty smoothly
    Nerdist.com I wish the youtubes would open up in the app instead of being played as embedded, since the embedded youtubes are pretty choppy but it is a medium intensity flash site.

Haven't really attempted to play any flash games because I mainly use my phone for video watching.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    If anyone has a moment, can you tell me how my old cartoons at Super Console Wars All Stars! run? Just curious.
    A video I made a while ago on my Bell Pre:

Mind you it's not 2.1 running on it but the leaked doctor from a while ago.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmario View Post
    If anyone has a moment, can you tell me how my old cartoons at Super Console Wars All Stars! run? Just curious.
    HOLY ************ ON A ************** WITH A SIDE ORDER OF *****!!!!!!

DarthMario has a PRE?!?!?!?!

I've been a huge fan of your flash videos since high school!!! Maybe even before then!!

+1000000 to being happy with a Pre!!!
    Kongregate works great on a Pre 2. It depends on which game you play for legacy devices.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtynazgul View Post
    HOLY ************ ON A ************** WITH A SIDE ORDER OF *****!!!!!!

DarthMario has a PRE?!?!?!?!

I've been a huge fan of your flash videos since high school!!! Maybe even before then!!

+1000000 to being happy with a Pre!!!
    Thanks!

Yeah, I'm an old school Palmster, made all the todos for Super Console Wars on a Palm IIIe, had a Palm V, Palm Tungsten T2, left for a while for iPhone 1, then came back for Pre & webOS. The Pre is pretty much a developer phone now, since I mangled the volume buttons. Working on a few apps, a game and some productivity stuff. Pixi is my daily driver, since it's tiny.
    I tried clicking on your(DM's) link and got a red ! surrounded by an explosion and a weird click. Good thing for Google, I'll find it there

Now THAT was funny .....Obi-Wan Shinobi.......Intellivision/SandCrawler Excitibike race lol
    Last edited by sledge007; 02/27/2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2¢ about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by darthmario View Post
    Works great for me, nice and smooth images & sound. One issue though, they don't appear to come up full screen.
    Meh, doesn't really work on animations such as eddsworld.co.uk or newgrounds, chokes on kongregate and miniclip but I can see it being useful to listen to music.

Pre plus.
    Overclocked to 1.2GHz, once I got through the confusing of learning how to install it for the first time, it was actually highly more useable than I ever expected it to be. Rhapsody and Hulu don't work, although the Rhapsody beta site seems to almost want to work, it just gets stuck loading, and hulu does the same.

I tried the games at kongregate.com, watched some of the Flash on stickdeath.com, and played a couple vids on some random streaming sites, and all were surprisingly more than adequate. On a side note, I've never seen how Android handles flash, but I've heard from more than one person who have them that it is pretty shoddy.

Just by using it anymore, you wouldn't know it was a Pre Minus, what with 2.1 and being overclocked and all. It really does just seem faster to me than any of the 1.x versions. (Yes I was overclocking on those too.) I am however, thinking about finding a Pre 2 on ebay and swapping the comm boards though, that would hold me over for a while.