Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    4. I would be mildly interested - I know Palm/HP doesn't plan to introduce equalizer, sms delivery notifications, today screen to lock screen (lockinfo as on Iphone), ring if silent for specific contacts... to WebOS so I must stick with other smartphone OSes

Huh?

How do you "Know" what HP plans to introduce?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    1. I currently am using a pre-release vintage, beta-test, Sprint Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;, $but$ $it$ $is$ $developing$ $some$ $physical$ $problems$ ($cracks$) $and$ $will$ $need$ $replacement$ $in$ $the$ $near$ $future$.

2. I plan to buy an HP PrPrPr&#$275$; $or$ $better$ $when$ $they$ $are$ $released$.

3. Yes, I would likely have bought a PrPrPr&#$275$; $in$ $that$ $timeframe$.

4. One of the original reasons I have an original Palm PrPrPr&#$275$; $is$ $that$ $I$ $greatly$ $prefer$ $a$ $physical$ $keyboard$, $so$ $no$, $no$ $4$&$quot$;+ $slab$ $for$ $me$ $if$ $it$ $does$ $not$ $have$ $a$ $real$ $keyboard$.

Hopefully Sprint will pick up the PrPrPr&#$275$; ($or$ $better$) $so$ $I$ $won$'$t$ $have$ $to$ $lose$ $my$ $nice$ $comfy$ $plan$ $by$ $moving$ $to$ $another$ $carrier$ $to$ $get$ $a$ $new$ $WebOS$ $smartphone$.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I thought this might be a good test that could give readers a better understanding of a posters position on HP webOS and its devices.

Hopefully your honest in your response.

Questions:
    1. Are you currently using a webOS smartphone in your daily endevors, if so, what, if not, what are you using?

2. Do you plan to buy the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer when released?

3. If HP had announced on 2/9/11 the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer would release in March/April were you prepared to buy any device?

4. If HP announces a 4"+ slab to be released in Q3-2011, will you be very interested/planning to buy?
    1. Yes, Verizon Pixi Plus.
    2. Yes, the Veer (unlocked).
    3. Yes, the Veer.
    4. Interested, but not planning on buying.
  4. dec
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    1. YES, Pre(-)

2. YES to Touchpad and PrPrPr&#$275$; ($no$ $on$ $Veer$)

3. YES

4. Initially I would say no. Depends on if the PrPrPr&#$275$; $and$ $TouchPad$ $didn$'$t$ $solve$ $all$ $my$ $commz$ $needs$
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    Yes - Pre2
    Yes - Pre3
    Yes - Pre3
    No (I'll never buy a phone without a QWERTY keyboard again) - However, I'd love to see such a phone as other people WOULD like it and the more people use WebOS the better so HP should not just aim at the Niche QWERTY market.
    Last edited by RedMist; 03/01/2011 at 09:36 AM.
    1. Sprint Pre- w/webOS 2.1
    2. TouchPad & Pre3
    3. Very well prepared.
    4. No... Not a fan of that big of screen and I've grown accustomed to physical kb.
    Quote Originally Posted by chalx View Post
    4. I would be mildly interested - I know Palm/HP doesn't plan to introduce equalizer, sms delivery notifications, today screen to lock screen (lockinfo as on Iphone), ring if silent for specific contacts... to WebOS so I must stick with other smartphone OSes
    I think A) you don't know what HP is planning to do and b) you show it by ignoring the fact that Agenda view is part of webOS2.1 via Exhibition mode.

Also, what is SMS delivery notification? If sms fails to deliver do you not get a notification? Why would you need a notification if it was successful?

Which mobile OS has an equalizer?
    Questions:
    1. Are you currently using a webOS smartphone in your daily endevors, if so, what, if not, what are you using? No. moved to Samsung Epic 4G exclusively in November. Bounced back and forth between HTC Hero and Palm Pre before that.

2. Do you plan to buy the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer when released? Not at present. There's too little specific information about any of them to entice me to leave my current device. I can say that the Veer is a no go regardless of what I find out, however.

3. If HP had announced on 2/9/11 the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer would release in March/April were you prepared to buy any device? I'm always prepared for a switcheroo to the right device.

4. If HP announces a 4"+ slab to be released in Q3-2011, will you be very interested/planning to buy? Need way more details on apps, ecosystem, and carrier. Conceptually, I am interested.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234