Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Are you currently using a webOS smartphone in your daily endevors, if so, what, if not, what are you using?
    Pre2

2. Do you plan to buy the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer when released?
    Touchpad, yes. Pre3, maybe.

3. If HP had announced on 2/9/11 the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer would release in March/April were you prepared to buy any device?
    Yes- Touchpad

4. If HP announces a 4"+ slab to be released in Q3-2011, will you be very interested/planning to buy?
    No.
    1. Sprint Pre Minus
    2. Yes
    3. No
    4. No
    Hey Verwon! You remind me of Amelia Earhart in your picture. Peace :.)
    Quote Originally Posted by fred1955 View Post
    Hey Verwon! You remind me of Amelia Earhart in your picture. Peace :.)
    LOL! Okay, thanks!

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    1) Sprint Pre (qty=2)

2) Sprint Pre 3 (qty=2-4), TouchPad (qty=2-4)

3) Yes

4) Not likely
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoverNole View Post
    I thought this might be a good test that could give readers a better understanding of a posters position on HP webOS and its devices.

Hopefully your honest in your response.

Questions:
    1. Are you currently using a webOS smartphone in your daily endevors, if so, what, if not, what are you using?

3. If HP had announced on 2/9/11 the Touchpad, Pre 3, or Veer would release in March/April were you prepared to buy any device?

4. If HP announces a 4"+ slab to be released in Q3-2011, will you be very interested/planning to buy?
    Yes, and have been since June '09

Yes, Pre3 and TouchPad

Yes, would have bought Pre3 and TouchPad

No - I bought the Pre for webOS AND the form factor.
    Questions:

Currently using a Sprint Pre- but after this weekend upgrading to Sprint Pre 2

Pre 3, definitely the day it comes out on Sprint!

I would have bought a Pre 3 last year if it was ready!

I think I like the slider thing better, but I'd take a look at it to see if they could change my mind on that.
    yes

yes

no

no
    Questions:

Yes, sprint pre w/preware and custom kernals

I plan to get the pre3, although some recent changes may require me to get a new phone now - which means i'll have to reevaluate what HP has out when its time for another new phone. If the pre3 comes out in time - sure. I'm not going to shell out extra money to get the phone off contract though.

As for the touch pad - it depends on how much it costs and how much webOS takes off. I have no problem with a small community for my phone, but if I'm going to drop 600$ on a consumption device like a tablet - then i want to be able to consume things. The phone is for work purposes - so the lack of a large supply of consumable apps doesn't really bother me. I have more fun trying out different patchs via preware, to be honest...

Yeah, my contract ends in a few days. I could have goten a new device

Not really, but i'm open to anything. not a huge fan of the slab, and i like having a keyboard. it would really depend on specifics. the 4" aspect does nothing for me to be honest.
    Q1 (Current webOS use): I'm a Verizon Pre Plus user as my primary phone. (Wife also has Verizon PrePlus as her primary phone)

Q2 (Future Purchases): Unclear. Pre3 looks great, but I'm still on contract and my experience has been so so with combination of device, Palm/HP, and Verizon crippled GPS. Touchpad is possible but I need a device with multiple profile support due to home use scenario - needs parental controls also. Ultimately two Pre3's and 1 touchpad but only if the touchpad could support multiple id's otherwise we'll stick to netbooks and laptops etc.

Q3 (2/9 vs. Ship Dates): I'm still under contract for phone so phone dates would not have made a difference to me directly but their future viability may be reduced since they were not available to those who were ready to buy. Touchpad if available on 2/9 might have overwhelmed my better judgement and gotten me to the table.

Q4 (Slab): No - but I'm still under contract then. Given the choice of a well manufactured not flimsy Pre3 or a 4" slab - I'd go for the Pre3 form factor. This assumes a highly reliable keyboard unlike the one I have on my PrePlus. This assumes both devices have the same rough battery life etc. If all things are not equal then who knows. (Wife is less sure and might be up for a slab phone.)
    1. Sprint Pre- (orginal launch day Pre), Wife got a Pre on 10/10/10.

2. Pre3 (1-2), TouchPad (1-2) - As long as its on Sprint (won't get a Veer for the fast it's on the price gouging ATT network)

3. Would have bougth both the Pre3 and a TouchPad on April 1st as taht is when my contract is up. Then will buy another TouchPad for the wife maybe, and a Pre 3 or better in October when her contract is up.

4. Hell NO! as long as there is a physical QWERTY keyboard (portrait of course) available then I will never touch a slab. Used the iPhone iOS and Samsung Epic virtual keyboard and I must say it sucks relative to a physical keyboard. Much faster and accurate with keys.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    I thought this might be a good test that could give readers a better understanding of a posters position on HP webOS and its devices.

Questions:

1. Yes, Sprint Pre.

2. Yes, Touchpad and Pre3.

3. Yes, I'm ready to purchase the Touchpad and Pre3 as soon as they are launched.

4. No, I don't have any interest in carrying a mini tablet in my pocket.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts

A: Yes, late August 09 vintage Sprint Pre -, sans volume rocker, sans USB door, slightly cracked/scratched screen, no oreo. This has *largely* replaced my laptop and desktop for most of my daily personal needs (email, web, gaming).

Pre 3 if Sprint carries it. Otherwise, I will find which carrier has it and seriously consider moving. I would prefer a netbook over a pad/tablet, but I am not opposed to owning one, depends on price, if it is tied to a carrier, etc.

I currently am eligible for a free upgrade, so I would jump on the Pre 3 if it came out before Sprint changes the rules and takes away my free upgrade until June.

Unlikely. I've already decided not to buy an EVO.
    1. Yes, Pre- on Sprint.
    2. When released, no. I bought my Pre- on eBay and activated it on my existing plan. I'm not going to do anything that would require changing my current plan, an absurdly cheap legacy SERO plan. I'll probably use my current Pre- till it falls apart, then see what WebOS device I can pick up on eBay.
    3. No. See above.
    4. Not interested in a slab, as I like the physical keyboard like so many others have said. I would consider, and would actually like to see, a landscape keyboard WebOS device.
    1. Yes, Sprint Pre- (launch device)

2. Yes, Pre 3 (definite), Touchpad (possible)

3. Yes

4. Nope. Slab phones do nothing for me.

Karla
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Questions:
    Yes, Sprint Pre
    Yes, Yes if released on Sprint
    Yes, Yes, Yes

Will be moving to android if not available on Sprint when released. I would love to stay if it is...but I have been eligible for an upgrade since last August.
    Yes...but I might have a Pre3 if release on Sprint...If not I might have moved on to Android.
    1- Launch day Sprint Pre....it's like a Timex, it keeps on ticking!

2- Pre 3 off contract depending on the price (used my "yearly" upgrade to get my wife an Evo)....didn't know I wouldn't have another one this August.

Also a Wi-Fi Touch Pad

3- Pre 3

4- NO, I hope they do, they need to, but the vertical slider is the form factor of my choice.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts

Questions:

1. Sprint Pre-

2. Pre 3 when/if it is released on Sprint

3. Yes. I would purchase a Pre3. I have a Sprint Gold Premier account and have been able to upgrade since last July.

4. No slab. I want a keyboard. And while we are at it I want a vertical slider like the Pre3 and not a horizontal one. I think I may be one of the few who likes being able to type with one hand when needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    1. Sprint Pre-

2. Pre 3 when/if it is released on Sprint

3. Yes. I would purchase a Pre3. I have a Sprint Gold Premier account and have been able to upgrade since last July.

4. No slab. I want a keyboard. And while we are at it I want a vertical slider like the Pre3 and not a horizontal one. I think I may be one of the few who likes being able to type with one hand when needed.
    ***Off topic

but I think based on the responses in this thread we are definitely not alone (wanting a vertical slider).
    1. Pre Classic
    2. Pre3 if on Sprint, Wifi TPAd
    3. Yup. Eligible for $150 off and have $$ for "personal devices".
    4. No chance. Gargantu-phones not for me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast