Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 293
  1.    #1  
    Thought we should start a bug list..for this webos 2.0.

    1. The top right drop down menu for controlling WIFI. When you first start the wifi and run it, this drop down menu will not appear after that. i'm still trying to simulate why this happens..because it has happened 3xs to me, when i'd turned on WIFI.
  2. #2  
    Is the PDF viewer fixed in 2.1? (PDF View has encountered an error... Render document failed). Perhaps someone could try to read the what's new PDF or the Pre user guide.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Thought we should start a bug list..for this webos 2.0.

    1. The top right drop down menu for controlling WIFI. When you first start the wifi and run it, this drop down menu will not appear after that. i'm still trying to simulate why this happens..because it has happened 3xs to me, when i'd turned on WIFI.
    what patches are you running. I had this and removing some top bar pathes solved it. Not sure which one, but probably one of the mixes.
  4. #4  
    Here's what I found:
    1. Skewing/making ugly contact photos, when you try to select a contact photo yourself.
    2. System sounds get disabled after using Voice Dial
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what patches are you running. I had this and removing some top bar pathes solved it. Not sure which one, but probably one of the mixes.
    Stock 2.1.0 unpatched
    It's happened to me a few times, and now i'm trying to replicate how it happens...
  6. #6  
    quick office not working here. Won't open ne thing.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  7. #7  
    neither of those pdf's are working for me
    the open source pdf that palm loads is rendering fine as is another I dl'd...wierd
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Is the PDF viewer fixed in 2.1? (PDF View has encountered an error... Render document failed). Perhaps someone could try to read the what's new PDF or the Pre user guide.
    A very large PDF that worked in 1.4.2, then reliably crashed the PDF viewer in 1.4.5 and 2.0.1 now seems to be working for me again, so there is some hope.

    (Unfortunately this is 220 meg of confidential data, so I can't attach it as a testcase)
  9. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #9  
    1. i got a call from a friend whos no. is in my contacts, but it dosnt show the name! only the no. !!! im using Google contacts! thats strange!!!
    2. also web browser cant show the login box of my router 192.168.1.1 so i cant login as i was using webos 1.4.5 !
    3. also bookmarks are blanks and not showen!
  10. #10  
    - had the wifi top bar bug (is it caused by disconnecting from wifi by leaving its range?) the bug also makes the wifi app break
    - bookmarks are empty (EDIT: and cannot be edited or added to)
    - sometimes the stacks do not fold back when you are not "focused" on the stack

    - terminal is screwed.

    will try and get some screenies, find more bugs.

    EDIT: O2 UK pre plus using the german O2 doctor
    Last edited by 7 fissurez; 02/24/2011 at 06:01 PM.
  11. #11  
    I think if we're assembling a bug list it's important to include Pre model, carrier, etc., as it will make these things easier to solve. For example, on a Sprint Pre-, I don't see the WiFi menu bug described here.

    Quick Office opened a Word attachment just fine, but it didn't seem to be editable.
  12. #12  
    Euck! Just a sanity check - are these bugs only on 2.1.0 running on MetaDoctored devices and not devices that are supported by standard doctor or is this list broader and does this include devices that have a standard (non-meta) doctor for them?
  13. #13  
    UK Palm Pre Plus running official German 2.1.0

    - Wifi top bar bug !
    - Cannot start software manager to uninstall any app - unless connected to internet (Annoyance rather than bug?)
    - SMTP Outgoings mails dont send - IMAP server, cannot handle SSL/encryption, webos complains that server does not support encryption (1.4.5 did & desktop also ?!)
    - Google Calendar does not sync - no entries in calendar at all ??!?!
  14. #14  
    Here is my bug: The caller name doesn't show when have incoming call
    Mine is an unlocked O2 UK pre, and I use in Vietnam

    Image: _farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5473613097_b16069cf36.jpg
    (sorry for image, i'm not enough post)

    How can I do?
  15. #15  
    1.Sms sending,opening and scrolling little freeze and slow.
    2.Contacts scrolling little freeze and slow.(Just 65 contacts)
    3.When want to change contacts picture it doesn't crop picture.

    Didn't see wi-fi or other bug so far.Performance is also good more than 1.4.5.(O2 Pre Plus)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Euck! Just a sanity check - are these bugs only on 2.1.0 running on MetaDoctored devices and not devices that are supported by standard doctor or is this list broader and does this include devices that have a standard (non-meta) doctor for them?
    HP was not lying when they said 2.1.0 is not meant for legacy pre phones ! I'm just sayin .

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  17. reidme's Avatar
    Posts
    372 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    also bookmarks are blanks and not showen!
    They work for me. They will appear blank until the first time you use them.

    Edit: Nevermind. I just realized you are talking about 2.1.0, not 2.0.1
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    start software manager to uninstall any app - unless connected to internet (Annoyance rather than bug)
    press the option key (orange/grey square) then tap on the app in the launcher.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    1. i got a call from a friend whos no. is in my contacts, but it dosnt show the name! only the no. !!! im using Google contacts! thats strange!!!
    Same here. Incoming calls and aren't matched with names in my contacts. Causes issues with SMSs too (messages sent and received are showing up as separate conversations). Reminds me of the early iPhone days.
  20.    #20  
    For those incoming calls / contact- try this.

    Under system page - regional settings.
    - Format- change it to your country
    - Phone number - change it to your country code. (this is something new here). Seems Webos - reformats numbers and adds the country code infront (but this does not overwrite your original contact (say in your gmail or yahoo or simcard)
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions