Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Don't know if this was on previous versions, but webOS (2.1 at least) seems to sync all my Outlook (on Exchange 2010) contact folders, rather than just the main "Contacts" folder. I use temporary folders to prepare for mailings...what a nightmare. I moved all my extra folders to a new public Exchange folder I created, and you also have to turn off "Suggested Contacts" (in Outlook options) and remove all the suggested contacts from that folder, because that one gets synced too!

Now, of course, my webOS contacts still have the hundreds of extras and will not sync. Going to go try some thoughts...will post updates...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    So I went into accounts and turned off contacts on all accounts. webOS removed some but others are still there (from Exchange according to the contact details). Tried a reboot, but that didn't help. Guess I'll need to manually remove each one...

What the hell @HP (PS 'hell' isn't a word either in the dictionary, I know I see it in the bible everywhere, must be considered a curse word)?

Look, I'm a bit p!ssed right now, but I do love the webOS operating system, it is my main mobile OS / phone. But sometimes I feel like it's not the main phone for HP's software engineers. I mean, are you guys using your own stuff every day, 24/7 like we are?? Good God...most of the bugs expressed in this forum are noticed within minutes of using the phone!
    I managed to get system sounds back by changing the system sound volume in the Sounds & Ringtones.

No need to restart.
    I happened upon some issues with the WebOS 2.1.0 calendar.

It seeed like my pre2 won't sync any calendars at all on 2.1.0.

I also couldn't access the calendar "preferences & accounts". Whenever I tried to open that card, there was this blank card just opening and then closing very quickly, and then I was back to the calendar view, which was also empty (since my calendars won't sync).

I seems to be working now after removing all my calendar accounts, restarting the phone, and then adding the accounts again.

I still have the issue where the date is missing in the day view in the calendar app if my "formats" language is swedish.

Oh, and the phone won't allow me to use novaterm to connect if I restarted the phone with the USB cable attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    .....I've also had other situations where it wasn't possible to tap anything in a browser card or something else but the touchscreen still reacted to an up-swipe from gesture area. These have gotten fewer, though, maybe because I increased comcache memory.
    i've had this happen several times on my sprint pre2 in the usa and I can't modify my comcache setting in govnah for some reason
    "Messages can no longer be sent or received in this conversation"

Screenshot attached.

Lord only know what I did, but has anyone ever seen this in the messaging app before? I hit the banner notification of an SMS and *pOOf* that's how it came up. It obliterates the text input box and changes "TEXT" in the upper right to "LOCK". Of course I was still able to send and receive SMS.

Restarting Luna did not fix.
    I had the "Advanced New Card per Convo" patch installed. Removing it and restarting luna did not fix it. No other messaging related patches installed.

Rebooting the phone fixed it.

I have a Sprint Pre Minus, running 2.1.0, SR71 kernel.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by _aa_ View Post

Screenshot attached.

Lord only know what I did, but has anyone ever seen this in the messaging app before? I hit the banner notification of an SMS and *pOOf* that's how it came up. It obliterates the text input box and changes "TEXT" in the upper right to "LOCK". Of course I was still able to send and receive SMS.

I had the "Advanced New Card per Convo" patch installed. Removing it and restarting luna did not fix it. No other messaging related patches installed.

lol that's crazy. and funny.

There's so many bugs in 2.1, hopefully HP will be rolling out 2.1.1 pretty soon!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I meta Dr'd my Sprint Pre- up to 2.1 a couple of days ago. I ran it for a few hours, played with and then installed Govnah and F105 Kernel.

Bugs I have noticed:
    1.) Contact Pictures do not work with PNG's. I had created all my contact pictures for 1.4.5 using Photoshop, I cropped all my pictures to the best size, and converted them all to PNG. When I first Dr'd to 2.1 it pulled all the horribly cropped pictures that are stored in Exchange back, so I had to re-pick all the pictures from my local copies of the nice PNG's. I was able to do about 4 of them before it started messing up. The image comes back looking like colored static, sometimes a different portion of the picture even, and then if you swipe back too quick it doesn't even assign it. So, I was playing with it and noticed I could pick JPG's with no problems. So, I used Photoshop to convert all my nice PNGs back to JPGs. Contact Pictures now fixed.

2.) Contact Pictures are still iffy. I had all of my Contact Pictures set, but then the first time I would get an SMS from someone the avatar in SMS would not show up. Going back into Contacts, and the Contact Picture is there in the list view, but when selecting an individual contact the avatar size picture would be gone. I would have to re-do the whole setting the picture process again, and this time it takes longer to set the Avatar size, and if you swipe back before it is done it will not work at all. After going through this process the second time it seems to work. So, it looks like I may have to set all of my Contact Pictures twice to get the avatars working correctly.

3.) Browser\Just Type weird things. I got an SMS from my brother. Put the Texting app in Card view, start typing something from what he sent me, click to do a google search, and then Just Type goes away and dumped me back to the Texting App. This seemed to happen consistantly, I had to either close the threaded view of the message, or open the browser manually.

4.) The Voice Dial application icon likes to reset itself back to the bottom of the first app launcher page. Even if I stick it on the quick launch bar. This is also the only app that is only listed once. By this I mean that every other app, when I move it to the quick launch bar the icon remains on the launcher page and shows up on the quick launch bar, but Voice Dial will not, it acts like the icons used to in 1.4.5.

Other then that I have no issues, everything seems to work, and with F105 it all works faster. I am not running a whole of patches, most of the ones I had been running 1.4.5 are not available for 2.1 yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by _aa_ View Post

Screenshot attached.

same thing happened to me on my sprint pre2 running 2.1.0, stock kernel. i think it is somehow related to losing access to my palm profile, because the backup utility didn't work either. after reboot, everything worked fine and i have not experienced this again in 4 days.
    Just Type doesn't remember order of Application search buttons on reboot.

has anyone else noticed this?
    I've got some type of wierd bug I've seen where voice dialer won't work and sound stops responding after metadoctor 2.1.0 - usually when attempting to install flash. Redoctoring thus far has been only fix. Seen it now 2 different phones....maybe something I'm doing
    Weird (new?) bug here too. All of sudden a popup came up saying "the appdatabase is full. You have too restart now" (Translated from German). I was able to delay it for some time but it kept coming the whole week. Today I got another popup saying "Yout appdatabase is full. Your Phone will restart and you have do log into yout Palm Profile again". This time there was no other button than OK, so it rebooted and left me with the Palm Profile login screen (As I don't have a data option in my contract I'm redoctoring right now to enable Wifi on startup).

Another really annoying bug is that when i've used the phone for some time I can't receive any calls. The phone app doesn't even bother to show up, sometimes when I'm lucky I get a notification of a missed call afterwards. This is probably due the lack of RAM in the pre- but shouldn't have the phone app priority over all other apps as it is THE basic feature of a phone?

I'm running a o2 pre- with uberkernel 500/1000 profile
    I've run into an issue

Got a pre 2 last week.
    Today, for the heck of it, i decided to see how 2.1 would run on my original pre on bell since it's an extra device as of right now (i may return the pre 2 and wait it out)

Finished the process.

After all said and done, i resigned into my main palm profile on my original pre.

Then i signed into my pre 2 on my main profile. I first noticed apps were there, but nothing else. Contacts were all gone.
    after being ticked that i hadn't ever properly backed them up other than palm profile, i tried to do an immediate back up on my palm profile once i got all my contact back.

However, i am now receiving back up failed every time i attempt it.

Does anyone have a clue why this is doing it?
    You can only use one device at a time with your Palm Profile. Once you set up your original Pre w/ 2.1 your profile was assigned to that device and the other device wiped- you'll need to re-activate your Pre2 with your profile, but then you'll lose the info on your original Pre. Make sure your doing backups, both the Palm backup and Save/Restore from Preware.
    JimmyK,

Thanks for the reply.

I did know that you can only run a profile on one device at a time.

However, when I came back to the pre 2 it didn't load a lot.

But the issue now is that I cannot perform a backup on the PRe 2. It fails every time.

ALso, does save/restore from preware backup contacts?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    +1 for both of these

Just Type doesn't remember order of Application search buttons on reboot. has anyone else noticed this?

Just noticed that on every reboot my Voice Dial app goes to the first launcher page, instead of the page I placed it on.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Jason Robataille just released a patch to fix that.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Jason Robataille just released a patch to fix that.
    ???

edit

disregard. I just found the "Movable Voice Dial" patch.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    I upgraded to 2.1.0 yesterday
    My phone is a Preplus O2 Uk Model,
    These are the issues with it,
    1.I'm not able to scroll down through Swipe in Preware Apps section or anywhere in preware.
    2.Not able to disable the notifications of Facebook and Gmail.
    In 1.4.5 i was able to time the updates,as in it can search for updates once a day.
    Now it auto refreshes in 20 mins,and these notifications are bugging.

I'm not worried about the first one.
    But someone please help me with the 2nd issue.

Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I am also losing my system sounds after using the Voice Dial app. I have a Sprint pre - with 2.1 installed and it was really choppy prior to the UberKernal install. But after that it seems to be running really good. The system sound bug is currently the only issue I am having. Kudos to the WebOS Internal guys. They have once again done an amazing job.
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast