Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    In the Messaging app under buddies everyone show up as ____@aol.com. Also gtalk accounts don't always sign in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I am using an German O2 Pre Plus in Australia.

there's one new thing i noticed
    - If you dial 1300 numbers, no number is displayed once you enter the fourth number

and the old stuff of course. which is a killer IMHO
    - Google Services Geolocation still puts me somewhere off the grid.
    - web browser bugs are still there (zoom to scroll down, if i have two cards open one often whites and doesn't come back, on two simultaneous connections the browser sometimes gets stuck and needs to be restarted with cache cleared).

At least birthdays are now synced from Google...

oh yeah, and feature request: make the language of the auto correction independent of your chosen OS language. i frequently type in English and German and can't use the feature this way as half the messages break
    I have a VZW PRE+ doctored to 2.1.0.

Don't know if is a bug, but I now have the location services icon showing in my top bar. (looks like a circle w/ crosshairs). I've changed every setting in the "location services" menu and can't seem to get the icon to toggle off.

Other phones I had used in the past showed this icon when 911 location services were enabled.

Anyone have any ideas?

-A
    One major and one minor bug...

Major: Although I'm on the Internet (browser works etc) My Google accounts won't sync email or calendar. I've read some people have had luck with deleting their email and calendar accounts, rebooting and re-entering them...I may try that. In the mean time I may switch back to my Pre+ until a fix comes out.

Minor: When I was typing in my home Wireless LAN password, the "Sign In" button kept going from grayed out to normal: As I typed each character the button would be active, but when the display timed out so the last character typed changes from in-the-clear to asterisk, the button goes gray/inactive. So I had to type the last char and quickly hit the sign in button. Weird.
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Okay so I got the email and calendar sync to work... bear with me...

I deleted all my gmail accounts (Mine, wife and offspring). Rebooted and added them back to calendars. When given the option to create the account, webOS has toggles if you want to create email, calendar, messaging and contacts. I selected all for my account, when I set up the others I only selected calendar and email for the three accounts.

Email synced, so far so good.

When I went to contacts I saw all fours accounts in there, so I deleted them all, added mine and only chose the "contacts" on the create screen, now everything is right with the world.

What a pain in the b&tt though.
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfastin View Post

Don't know if is a bug, but I now have the location services icon showing in my top bar. (looks like a circle w/ crosshairs). I've changed every setting in the "location services" menu and can't seem to get the icon to toggle off.

Other phones I had used in the past showed this icon when 911 location services were enabled.

Anyone have any ideas?

-A
    That is a result of Sconix's Advanced Framework patch and/or Device Menu Patch.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    A couple of things I've noticed.
    -Voice dial is completely broken for me. I'll launch it, it'll say "Initializing..." and then go to the main dialer menu.
    -Text Assist is, of course, totally useless.
    -The web browser constantly asks me if I want to add new search engines. The answer is no, web browser, the answer is no.
    -Sometimes my clock will just be... wrong.
    -Contact pictures will disappear and I get the same problem as the previous poster when I try to set them.
    (ATT Pre+, doctored on the day after the official Dr was released)
    Voice Dial working perfectly for me on VZW Pre+, doctored from latest available scripts on 3/6/11. (Sorry, I'm sure you're sick of hearing how everyone else's works fine.)

I LOVE the new Text Assist. I just wish it was backed up by Palm Profile.

I'm still on the fence about whether I like additional search engines. It's cool for some, like IMDB and Amazon, but not so cool for Huffington Post, CNN, etc.

I haven't had any clock issues.

I haven't tried assigning contact pictures.
    Since the update to webOS 2.1.0 it seems like emails are taking longer to get pushed, this is specially the case with Hotmail and with Yahoo it is now taking really long for the mail to get pushed to the Pre 2. Infact there are times when emails don't get pusheed at all.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Since the update to webOS 2.1.0 it seems like emails are taking longer to get pushed, this is specially the case with Hotmail and with Yahoo it is now taking really long for the mail to get pushed to the Pre 2. Infact there are times when emails don't get pusheed at all.
    Yes, I have yahoo and I agree. yesterday while working on my contact issues I rebooted my phone. As soon as it finished rebooting I recieved about 10 emails all at once.

I rebooted the phone late last night and the emails were all from 8 am.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyfastin View Post

-A

The icon shows that your GPS is turned on...
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyK View Post
    The icon shows that your GPS is turned on...
    Not natively though.

It is from a standalone patch or most likely from Sconix's Advanced System Menu - Framework patch as GHT pointed out...

That is a result of Sconix's Advanced Framework patch and/or Device Menu Patch.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Wasn't sure where to put this...

Sprint Pre minus
    Metadoctored 2.1.0

I am getting HORRIBLE battery life, with no usage changes compared to 1.4.5 and the webos2.0 I grabbed direct from that HP FTP site.

Took my phone off the charger at around 7am, it's 1:44pm and battery shows 28%. Which matches pretty much the way it's been since upgrading to 2.1.0. Is there an app for webos that shows battery usage and what's doing what?

Just well typing this the battery is now at 26%....
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post

Sprint Pre minus
    Metadoctored 2.1.0

I am getting HORRIBLE battery life, with no usage changes compared to 1.4.5 and the webos2.0 I grabbed direct from that HP FTP site.

Took my phone off the charger at around 7am, it's 1:44pm and battery shows 28%. Which matches pretty much the way it's been since upgrading to 2.1.0. Is there an app for webos that shows battery usage and what's doing what?

I'm having the exact same result. I'm on a verizon pre plus. I like 2.1 enough that it is worth it, but I'd really like to figure out what is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flak View Post

Sprint Pre minus
    Metadoctored 2.1.0

Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm having the exact same result. I'm on a verizon pre plus. I like 2.1 enough that it is worth it, but I'd really like to figure out what is wrong.
    I saw this as well at first for somethings. After I loaded up UberKernel, everything was better. I can go almost a whole day now.

You might check your battery condition with Dr. Battery. I know back in the day I used to say how my battery was bad and thought it was the OS or patches, etc... then to realize my battery was crap. Just a thought...

Otherwise UK made everything better for me.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Seems like the autocorrect dictionary is really lacking. I like text assist in general but it will take a lot of tweaking before I am satisfied with its dictionary. For instance, 'walrus' and 'muse' weren't in there. Kind of unacceptable imo.
    Same here. The dictionary is missing words! And, like you, I love the concept of autocorrect. But sometimes it takes words that are not in the dictionary like CH4 (the chemical compound) and changes it to “Chi.” Are people really typing “Chi” that much, should just mark it incorrect for me to add.

Didn’t have the word combustible; just silly, not to have such regular words.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I saw this as well at first for somethings. After I loaded up UberKernel, everything was better. I can go almost a whole day now.

You might check your battery condition with Dr. Battery. I know back in the day I used to say how my battery was bad and thought it was the OS or patches, etc... then to realize my battery was crap. Just a thought...

Otherwise UK made everything better for me.
    I'm running UberKernel. I put it on shortly after installing 2.1, so I wasn't able to tell how much that effected the battery life.

I'll look at Dr. Battery. The battery life was noticeably better on 1.x though. It would be a strange coincidence if my battery got this bad right at the same time I upgrade to 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by minego View Post
    I'm running UberKernel. I put it on shortly after installing 2.1, so I wasn't able to tell how much that effected the battery life.

I'll look at Dr. Battery. The battery life was noticeably better on 1.x though. It would be a strange coincidence if my battery got this bad right at the same time I upgrade to 2.1.
    True, but from what I've read regarding webOS 2.x in general, there have been some improvements in the underlying parts and such that should help battery life.

In 1.4.5, if I started with a full charge and turned on wifi and just let it sit with the screen off (screenstate back to 500mhz), the battery would go down big time with in a few hours even on a really good battery according to Dr. Battery.

In 2.1, same Pre-, same battery, it went over night (I left it on as a test) and it was only in the 40% when I woke up (about 7 hour window of time passed).

To each their own on their devices I guess. For me battery life seems improved some. Adding Uber probably increased that some too.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried to do a fresh doctor on UNA Pre2 (Unlocked N. American)? The doctor will not work for me on any machine (2 Win7's and an XP sp3). It gets to 12%, Pre2 displays the ROM Downloading image, and then the Doctor fails and says it could not reset my phone. After which my Pre2 was left unbootable, but the bootie was still intact. So I downloaded the 2.0.1 doctor, which worked, and immediately updated to 2.1, after my apps restored (cleared my backup data, so all that got restored were the apps).

The reason I wanted to do a fresh 2.1 from the doctor was because voice dialing didn’t work at all for me. Doctoring to 2.0.1 the updated with the updater to 2.1 helped and got voice dialing working, but it still has the issue of killing system sounds.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just noticed that on every reboot my Voice Dial app goes to the first launcher page, instead of the page I placed it on.
    Last edited by mhemmes; 03/10/2011 at 05:46 PM.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    NavIt still doesn't work on 2.1...
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast