Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by musenu View Post
    Also, Dr. Podder HB is not able to play ANY podcasts--I get the error that tells me I am either playing an unsupported format or the file is corrupted. Has ANYONE had this experience? I can't go without my podcasts!!!
    I have this too, other streaming apps don't work either. Stitcher works though.

Other people are having this issue as well:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ing-error.html

I am running the metadoctor 2.1 on a Bell Pre, with uberkernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaint3 View Post
    My right-side drop down menu hadn't worked in the beginning. I removed any patches having to do with it, installed the framework patch, and then patched in the device menu megamix. It works great, controlling brightness, gps, phone toggles again.
    I had it two times now, that the right-side drop down menu stopped working.
    After reboot it was fine again. I had and have no patches installed.
    2.1.0 O2 Germany
    Anyone else finding that the Exhibition mode you choose doesn't stick after a reboot? Always goes back to the black clock for me..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Anyone else finding that the Exhibition mode you choose doesn't stick after a reboot? Always goes back to the black clock for me..
    Yes, same for me.

Max
    Assigning pictures to contacts is buggy in 2.1
    If I take a picture with the camera, the cropping does not work. It ends up with the picture zoomed in.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    A couple of things I've noticed.
    -Voice dial is completely broken for me. I'll launch it, it'll say "Initializing..." and then go to the main dialer menu.
    -Text Assist is, of course, totally useless.
    -The web browser constantly asks me if I want to add new search engines. The answer is no, web browser, the answer is no.
    -Sometimes my clock will just be... wrong.
    -Contact pictures will disappear and I get the same problem as the previous poster when I try to set them.
    (ATT Pre+, doctored on the day after the official Dr was released)
    Last edited by innocentbystander; 03/09/2011 at 08:43 PM.
    On a Rogers GSM pre 2 I am not seeing any significant issues yet. PDT and drop down menus are working properly.

What I am seeing is email search is broken - does not search the address or the body, only the header.

A
    It seems that when I dump a couple of images into a folder on the USB drive, even after full reboot, they do not show up in the photos app.

I seem to recall this was somewhat wonky in 1.4.5, but after a reboot it worked just fine. Anyone know of a way to get it to "force a scan" of the usb partition for stuff (images, music, videos, etc...)??

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I had this problem, it fixed itself eventually. Rebooting a couple of times seemed to clear it up.
    This seems like a stupid question given your avatar and signature, but are you Sconix? I've had zero success getting MS running under 2.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I had this problem, it fixed itself eventually. Rebooting a couple of times seemed to clear it up.
    This seems like a stupid question given your avatar and signature, but are you Sconix? I've had zero success getting MS running under 2.1.
    I'll kick in into another restart and see what happens.

Nope. I am not Sconix.

I am a big fan of his work and donate my time to helping him (testing, creating/maintaining his wiki pages (hence the RTFW in the avatar), help moderating his sub-forum, answering questions about his patches and MS, etc...) so that he can focus doing the great work that he does.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    K thanks... have you gotten MS working under 2.1?
    Also, anyone having similar problems with voice dial just... not working? It worked at first when I installed it. I will remove some patches and see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    K thanks... have you gotten MS working under 2.1?
    Also, anyone having similar problems with voice dial just... not working? It worked at first when I installed it. I will remove some patches and see what happens.
    Oh. Dang forgot to talk about that in my first reply.

Well MS 2.x (which is for webOS 2.x) is in alpha testing right now. Some people have tried to install MS 1.x in 2.1 and have had limited success. It is not recommended.

I, along with a few others are alpha testing MS 2.x right now. So until he releases MS 2.x public in a beta or what not is yet to be seen. I am sure something along the lines of how he put out MS prior to 1.x and then 1.x will be in order.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    I installed the 2.1 a couple days ago and everything was working fine except I had an issue with adding pics to contacts. They don't seem to save.

Now, starting today. I cant open my contacts. I can search and they will appear. I can send them a text message and I will receive them with the correct contact name. If I was to go into contacts and try to edit, I cant. I get stuck with the app opening. See attachment.

I tried restarting it several times and nothing.

My phones does not freeze. I can swipe the app and it will close but I just cant access it.

My voice dial works great btw, no issues. So far.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by delacro; 03/09/2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Voice dialing is broken. I uninstalled SysToolsMgr and its derivatives (that's the only patch I have that might possibly conflict with the phone app) and still nothing. Nobody else has had this problem?
    The voice dialing functionality works for me, it just sounds like crap. Sometimes it is clear and other times not. Seems like it plays from the ear speaker and other times from the rear speaker.

When I say it works, I can say a contacts name (e.g. John Smith) like this...

John Smith Mobile 1

Then it dials that number for John Smith mobile 1.

Just reporting some of what others report...

Text messaging will freeze up phone sometimes for ~5 seconds when sending a text.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Just reporting some of what others report...

Text messaging will freeze up phone sometimes for ~5 seconds when sending a text.
    For those with some of the "freeze ups or lock ups", are you/they running stock kernel on 2.1? Everything seemed really choppy to me before putting UberKernel on it. Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    For those with some of the "freeze ups or lock ups", are you/they running stock kernel on 2.1? Everything seemed really choppy to me before putting UberKernel on it. Just wondering...
    Using AV8B, running at 1.005Ghz
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I just launched the app catalog and it asked me to accept the app catalog agreement, which is really weird since I got a whole lot of apps on 1.4.5 and a few on 2.1.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Running 2.1.0 on a AT&T Pre Plus.

Contacts
    • Linking contact profiles takes a long time. (About to 10-12 seconds?)
    • If I do a back gesture while it's in the process of linking, the profile I was trying to link disappears permanently. Only solution has been to delete the account (eg; FB) and re-import all the contacts.
    • Manually adding photos to contacts either doesn't work (no image shows up) or results in showing a different part of the image.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast