Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Anyone on 2.1 having incomplete contact sync issues?
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Anyone on 2.1 having incomplete contact sync issues?
    Yes, I am missing at least one contact from Google which is not showing up on my 2.1.0 phone. I have yet to find out whether other contacts are affected also.

This contact synched fine to 1.4.5, of course.

Max
    It took a while longer for my contacts to sync on 2.1.0, personally.

The "Google Sync" and "Facebook Sync" notifications disappeared a long time before the actual sync finished, so you might want to check again later too.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It took a while longer for my contacts to sync on 2.1.0, personally [...] so you might want to check again later too.
    Yeah, it is still not there after 4 days. Or maybe it is there but somehow not showing up. *shrug*

Perhaps I can find out what is different about this one missing contact..

Max
    I think the contact sync is buggy. I left it running for a day and it got stuck at 2199 contacts (I have about 7000)
    Rebooted the phone today and the sync seems to be moving again.
    My contacts aren't pulling from Gmail or Facebook and none of the Facebook pictures are showing up.

I deleted and recreated the Facebook account but that hasn't seemed to help. I emailed a copy of the PmMigration.vcf that I created before MetaDoctor and tried to add contacts that way but nothing seems to be happening.
    Last edited by Karl; 03/06/2011 at 05:32 PM.
    Some of my facebook data seems to be downloading now. Maybe it just takes a very long time.
    The only issue I can see is that when I reply to a text message, occasionally my reply is displayed as if it was sent prior to the message I'm replying to... Has anyone else seen this? I'm on a Sprint Pre-.
    I am not able to send AOL email (and I have the same ports I have always had). Also, Dr. Podder HB is not able to play ANY podcasts--I get the error that tells me I am either playing an unsupported format or the file is corrupted. Has ANYONE had this experience? I can't go without my podcasts!!!
    I can't insert symbols (Sym + any key) in the text fields inside the browser.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Similar issues here with the virtual keyboard. It seems to randomly restart luna while I use the VKB.
    funny part though since I installed the latest Uberkernal the VK has been working regardless of what compache settings I have, and/or speed. Im on sprint pre plus 2.1 anyone else try the VK after installing the UberKernal?
    so for those where google calendar sync works at all, is there still the 3 month sync only period present in 2.1:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos...alendar-9.html
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    I am having crashes with the patched VKB in portrait mode on a VZW Pre Plus running Uberkernel 800 mhz.
    i am running German 2.1 for about 3weeks now and i have just a few minor issues.
    1) i have installed UbKernal 500/1ghz but randomly my phone switches back to 500mhz
    2) the phone sometimes takes awhile to wake when on button clicked
    3) when i plug my headphones into the phone it returns to stock 500mhz
    4) the phone app always opens with the dailpad rather than recent call list as it did in 1.4.5
    5) in my contacts, the details shown are from linked profile i.e. facebook rather than the data i manually inputted and even though i manually sync the information, nothing happens. This an issue i had with 1.4.5 but i am adding it here to see if any1 else has seen it.

on a happier note however i am happy with the phone app as it now shows the location of any incoming calls be it local or international. it also shows service numbers aswel :-)

Using:
    Pre Plus O2 UK German 2.1.0 doctor
    Last edited by DreadVenom; 03/08/2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: forgot identifying information
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadVenom View Post
    4) the phone app always opens with the dailpad rather than recent call list as it did in 1.4.5
    Mine has always openned with the dial-pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Unactivated Sprint Pre- meta-doctored --wifi-only to 2.1.

My Just Type Preferences aren't sticking! Anyone else?
    I noticed the same thing when I tried to re-arrange the order of some of the choices, for example, I wanted Update Facebook status up at the top so I didn't have to tap show more options to see it.. but it doesn't stick, it goes back to the default list the way it was before I re-arranged by dragging them..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I noticed the same thing when I tried to re-arrange the order of some of the choices, for example, I wanted Update Facebook status up at the top so I didn't have to tap show more options to see it.. but it doesn't stick, it goes back to the default list the way it was before I re-arranged by dragging them..
    Yes, I have the same issue on a meta-doctored O2 Pre-. Facebook status keeps going back to the bottom.

Max
    currently my Pre- runs WebOS 2.1 and has the latest UberKernel that has fixed the gray/white flashing of the camera app when in screenstate. The Camera is slow to work but the video recording still works. I have plenty of lag issues that come and go. QuickOffice works pretty well when opening documents and presentations from email. Have trouble opening items from Dropbox, which I have synced with QO on the Pre-. It won't open anything. Also, today I recorded a video and could not watch it on my Pre-. It was a 2-minute video and took a few minutes trying to pull it up before it told me it could not be played. I tried again and it played but not smoothly, instead it jumped by seconds and proved to be much too labor intensive for the phone to handle. When I pulled up the vid on my Mac it played well and the video quality was great. No audio recorded since I had some Apple earphones w/mic plugged in.

My right-side drop down menu hadn't worked in the beginning. I removed any patches having to do with it, installed the framework patch, and then patched in the device menu megamix. It works great, controlling brightness, gps, phone toggles again. It's good to be home. Got the freetether working great, UberK, I am loving the phone again. Even bought my first apps, including the MusicRemix because they deserve it, and the Homebrew documents.

I wanted to note that in the Gesture Tutorial that comes with the 2.1 the phone used in the animation is the Pre-. Why is that if it wasn't meant for the Pre-? (Does it change based on the phone using it?)
    PDF viewer works well without patches, over 1MB takes a very long time to load, after which it will display a black screen along with header and page counter. I've encountered no other issues.
    Also, my contacts don't reach into the thousands, but I have had contact sync issues. For instance, a couple of numbers were not included for certain contacts. This has never happened when I received a replacement Pre- or any time I have performed a full erase/master reset. So I venture to say this is an issue with the 2.1 on Pre-. Everything else worked fine, though. As usual, AIM screennames did not sync with their contacts, but I've noticed that I can not search for them in the Contacts app. I can search for people by name, but no longer can I search for screen names, even when the screen name stands alone unlinked. Sometimes, too, the list of online contacts in the Message app will be completely wrong, showing ppl available who aren't, those who are as not being available, sometimes listing certain offline "buddies" but not all offline. Can't really think of much else at the moment.

I hope this helped, I know I wrote a lot.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast