Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Stupid question, but have you gone into your email account settings and set Get Email sync to "As Items Arrive" vs. the default of 15 minutes?
    Yeah did that right away.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    First of all: I love 2.1, much smoother and nicer to use than 1.4.5 on my Pre+...

However, i did notice that in calender, it show "Today" in the top bar, but if i go forward or backwards from the current date, it doesn't let me know what date im on... That's quite annoying... Anyone else experienced this?
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    The CPU in the pre is actually 600MHz from the factory. Palm turned it down to 500 when they put it in the pre. So it's not overclocking, it's just not underclocking.
    but will it damage the processor or void my warranty?

oh, and enabling ondemand for the stock kernel on my 2.1 pre plus makes the screen flicker and the phone then crash - i imagine that means the processor becomes unstable, or does it just go too slow for the phone to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by DDBKA View Post
    Here is my bug: The caller name doesn't show when have incoming call
    Mine is an unlocked O2 UK pre, and I use in Vietnam

Image: _farm6.static.flickr.com/5176/5473613097_b16069cf36.jpg
    (sorry for image, i'm not enough post)

How can I do?
    I had this same issue. I had to set my country under "formats" and my phone number in the Regional Settings app. That fixed most of them but for some strange reason some would show as numbers instead of names (in sms too) so for those ones I deleted the contact then re-added them and that seems to have fixed it. I sync my contacts with Google if that makes any difference.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just one for now:

Replying to a text message with just an emoticon via opt + spacebar, the Smiley will show, but the Enter message here... text does not go away
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    a minor bug is the quick wave bar will flash the quick launch bar when being brought up or going off the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimboo View Post
    However, i did notice that in calender, it show "Today" in the top bar, but if i go forward or backwards from the current date, it doesn't let me know what date im on... That's quite annoying... Anyone else experienced this?
    Mine doesn't do this. ATT Pre+ 2.1.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Try turning off or reducing compcache in Govnah. That solve my performance issues.

Also, you can try setting your Pre to minimal logging via ##LOGS# in the dialer.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    running 2 days now on my pre- . Phone is not as snappy with my 800mhz overclock, and it slows down a couple of times but snaps back out of it. I used a new profile because I didnt want to not be able to go back to 1.4.5 if I had troubles. Everything works fine, phone, text, mms, web, bookmarks, app catalog, ability to buy apps...webos internals did a great job! Voice dial works fairly well also Just hope we get some overclock love and some good patches moved up to 2.1 like led torch, horizontal battery/percent etc. I say go for it

Ken
  9. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Anyone else get a blank screen when trying to view "photo roll" in photos app?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I've been experiencing a weird Touchstone-related bug - after a little while of being on the 'stone, the screen won't respond to any input. You have to take the phone off and wait about 30 seconds before it'll respond again. Is this due to overclock or a Pre- specific bug?
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by sm07 View Post
    I've been experiencing a weird Touchstone-related bug - after a little while of being on the 'stone, the screen won't respond to any input. You have to take the phone off and wait about 30 seconds before it'll respond again. Is this due to overclock or a Pre- specific bug?
    Actually this is not a bug...
    1. The overclocking kernel for webos 2.1.0 is still in testing, so i also encounter the problem for the 500/1000 profile not working as it's suppose to...
    Remember that when it's on the touchstone- it's running 500. I'm also not sure how the kernel reacts to the Exhibition..because there have been discussions that it wakes up slowly in 2.1.0

If you're using the o/c kernel, try creating a new kernel under govnah, and increase compcache to 32MB. (you'd need to disable compcache b4 u can up to 32mb, then u reenable).

The main problem is 2fold..Pre - lacks 256MB ram unlike the Pre +, and also it runs at a lower speed compared to the Pre 2.

I'm not even using the touchstone..because i'm concerned excessive heat i,e leaving it on the TC overnight might just degrade the digitizer
    The bug I experience is irritating me. I have a regular old pre with 2.1.0 on it and everything worked fine. I put on flash, it sucks, but it worked. I put on uberkernel & govnah, everything works. Preware, Everything works.

At this point I lose the chain of events causing it, but I then installed sprint nav which works nicely, facebook, and openssh. At some point now my browser stopped working and what basically happens is, flash on, or flash off, it goes into an infinite loading on any page.

->Start browser, pick page.. facebook for example, a big loading ring appears for about 3 seconds, and then the page loads forever, nothing happens.

I'm going to doctor the phone a 3rd time and see if I can pin down the culprit, but any help is appreciated.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by serial View Post
    The bug I experience is irritating me. I have a regular old pre with 2.1.0 on it and everything worked fine. I put on flash, it sucks, but it worked. I put on uberkernel & govnah, everything works. Preware, Everything works.

At this point I lose the chain of events causing it, but I then installed sprint nav which works nicely, facebook, and openssh. At some point now my browser stopped working and what basically happens is, flash on, or flash off, it goes into an infinite loading on any page.

->Start browser, pick page.. facebook for example, a big loading ring appears for about 3 seconds, and then the page loads forever, nothing happens.

I'm going to doctor the phone a 3rd time and see if I can pin down the culprit, but any help is appreciated.
    In bowser prefs, turn off flash content, turn on flash content
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Actually this is not a bug...
    Remember that when it's on the touchstone- it's running 500. I'm also not sure how the kernel reacts to the Exhibition..because there have been discussions that it wakes up slowly in 2.1.0

I'm not even using the touchstone..because i'm concerned excessive heat i,e leaving it on the TC overnight might just degrade the digitizer
    Thanks Now that you mention it I do remember Exhibition being unbearably slow without the overclock. Screen's been more responsive after a reboot, however, but I think it might happen again...

Love using the touchstone though, makes charging effortless... I find after the Pre reaches 100% battery that the phone remains at around 25, even after sitting on the Touchstone for a long time.

On another note, I also have the "system sounds disabled after using Voice Dial" bug...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    First off, this is just to inform all of you of the observations with 2.01 installed on my sprint palm pre. I know that it was not meant to run on legacy devices so I cant complain. =]

1- With uberkernal installed a@ 500-1000 it sometimes reverts back to standard 500. I notice my phone slow down randomly and when I check govnah I see its running at 500 instead of 1000. Not sure why this happens but it happens a couple of times a day.
    dj khaled go hard
    2- I installed the patch to swipe up to invoke the virtual keyboard (which btw I love and the new keyboard in my opinion is really sweet and this combo was like a heaven on earth) well I'm not sure if its because the patch is installed or wether it would do it if u invoke the keyboard manually by using the actual keyboard, but it freezes my phone. It worked well the first day and now it freezes my phone after about 5 letters typed.

3- the gps acts up sometimes but i found that closing out the card and opening it up again fixes it.

4- When u finish a call it sometimes freezes for a sec on the 'call ended' tap

I really wish music (remix) was still free, im able to install it but says its not compatible and the app catalog requires me to but it, which i will whenever my credit card has the funds =]
    the bug I have running on a sprint pre plus 2.1 is adding pics to contacts dosent stay on once i contact that paticular person.

other then that everythings good, waiting of course for sms tones per contact, louder speaker/headphone, and virtual keyboard enabled patchs other then that this version will keep me put until a new device is offered on my network of choice.
    Unactivated Sprint Pre- meta-doctored --wifi-only to 2.1.

My Just Type Preferences aren't sticking! Anyone else?
    I have noticed when I get an incoming message on Google Talk it seems to have some garbled characters at the very beginning. Once I click on the message it comes up normally in the chat app tho.
    recent bug the VK patch for 2.1 freezes upon certain inputs, and landscape attempted usage. I suspect since the 2.0 Pre 2 users are having no issues, its more of the Patch needing a tweak for it to work properly on 2.1 versions.
    the patch just activates the VK in the 2.1 luna manager i think, but its buggy as hell in 2.1. But you cant really report this as a bug since its no official feature. I would love to see this working fine.. but i dont really believe this can be fixed by a patch.. think its hp/palm that have to improve it.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast