Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
    How do you go back to 1.4.5? do you just doctor?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixmantrix View Post
    You'd most likely have to dump your palm profile backup data first. Then you could doctor back to 1.4.5.
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixmantrix View Post
    yeah, simple as that.
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    btw, apparently they will have the OC kernal out soon so a lot of the issues I'm having may be resolved with one of them installed. I think I'll go back to 1.4.5 and wait a few weeks to doctor back.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    btw, apparently they will have the OC kernal out soon so a lot of the issues I'm having may be resolved with one of them installed. I think I'll go back to 1.4.5 and wait a few weeks to doctor back.
    Oh hadn't heard that. Last I heard was that Palm/HP hasn't released the source for the kernel yet; so the WebOS Internals guys haven't been able to tweak it.
    Quote Originally Posted by krische View Post
    Oh hadn't heard that. Last I heard was that Palm/HP hasn't released the source for the kernel yet; so the WebOS Internals guys haven't been able to tweak it.
    They just released it. Kernels coming soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    They just released it. Kernels coming soon.
    running 2 days now on my pre- . Phone is not as snappy with my 800mhz overclock, and it slows down a couple of times but snaps back out of it. I used a new profile because I didnt want to not be able to go back to 1.4.5 if I had troubles. Everything works fine, phone, text, mms, web, bookmarks, app catalog, ability to buy apps...webos internals did a great job! Voice dial works fairly well also Just hope we get some overclock love and some good patches moved up to 2.1 like led torch, horizontal battery/percent etc. I say go for it

Ken
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    running 2 days now on my pre- . Phone is not as snappy with my 800mhz overclock, and it slows down a couple of times but snaps back out of it. I used a new profile because I didnt want to not be able to go back to 1.4.5 if I had troubles. Everything works fine, phone, text, mms, web, bookmarks, app catalog, ability to buy apps...webos internals did a great job! Voice dial works fairly well also Just hope we get some overclock love and some good patches moved up to 2.1 like led torch, horizontal battery/percent etc. I say go for it

Ken
    Will patches actually work correctly? The Sprint 2.1 doctor is spoofing itself as a 1.4.5 device so that the App Catalog still works. So wouldn't patches be expecting 1.4.5 files not 2.1 files?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    One thing I've started to notice is my Gmail seems to take a long time to show up on the phone. Like it's not getting pushed.
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    One thing I've started to notice is my Gmail seems to take a long time to show up on the phone. Like it's not getting pushed.
    I've noticed this too.
    Will patches actually work correctly? The Sprint 2.1 doctor is spoofing itself as a 1.4.5 device so that the App Catalog still works. So wouldn't patches be expecting 1.4.5 files not 2.1 files?
    Which is why you copy the unmasq file over to make it reappear as a 2.1 to preware. Now you can install 2.1 patches. But be warned, some 2.1 patches don't have full compatibility yet.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    No GPS app is the biggest thing for me. It also seems the animations are a lot more refined and smoother, however, the overall usage of the system feels slower due to it hanging while opening apps. Note I'm coming from an 800mhz over clocked 1.4.5 Pre. The auto correct is awesome! It gives a little sound/ vibrate when it corrects a word!
    Please, pretty please, what was your trickery. Gmaps is just not cutting it.
    Do note that the performance hit is due to increased system ram usage. Check jstop. Pres on 1.4.5 use on average 20-28 megs. 2.1.0 pres are using an average of 35-45 megs.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickhoward View Post
    Please, pretty please, what was your trickery. Gmaps is just not cutting it.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...g-2-1-0-a.html
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have 2 minor bugs.

Facebook notifications are blank most of the time.

Coming back from USB mode takes a decade sometimes.

Haven't tried usb mode/facebook notifications with the new KERNEL I installed. <- Note the spelling of KERNEL.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
    That's about all that has happened to me. Also, you can install Govnah and up the CPU frequency to 600MHz instead of the standard 500MHz. It's not the same as the overclocking, but it helps a little bit.
    if it isnt overclocking then what is it?

will it break our warranty and why does it allow us to bump up to 600mhz when it is a stock kernal?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    if it isnt overclocking then what is it?

will it break our warranty and why does it allow us to bump up to 600mhz when it is a stock kernal?
    The CPU in the pre is actually 600MHz from the factory. Palm turned it down to 500 when they put it in the pre. So it's not overclocking, it's just not underclocking.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    I've noticed this too.
    Stupid question, but have you gone into your email account settings and set Get Email sync to "As Items Arrive" vs. the default of 15 minutes?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast