Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    govnah not letting me change compache settings here. It looks like there's a dropdown, but it won't let me "click" it.
    You have to deactivate to change the value, then activate it again.
    All-day events in Google Calendar are broken. They show as both the day of the event, and the next day.

And the one that's been annoying me like crazy ever since I started using 2.x: The damn option key gets stuck in Just Type, even hours after you pressed it.

There's a ton more of little bugs, but I can't remember most of them off the top of my head.
    I had the option key bug all the time in 1.4.5, so that's old hat.

Google calendar sync is borked in a myriad of ways. Hell, on mine, all day events don't even show.

The "solution" is to use Yahoo! Calendar instead.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    exhibition mode agenda apparently doesn't care which calendars you've decided not to display, it will display info from all of them regardless it appears
    i haven't seen alot of these bugs on my meta'd sprint pre. The only issue i've noticed is the phone sometimes gets warm and restarts kinda like i have an overclocked kernel.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    It's actually possible to use Govnah on the Pre/Pre Plus 2.1 Kernel to increase the memory used for comcache which seems to make my phone run pretty much as it was on 1.4.5.
    I used Govnah and simply toggled the compcache enable switch without changing the default value. The whole UI seems to be working much better now. I really think it's more than my imagination. I remember Rod saying that the compcache settings were commented out in 2.1 so maybe I have just re-enabled them.
  7.    #47  
    Realized that some of my contacts dissappeared - from the palm profile (suspected it was this profile) cause it's my default on 1.4.5 anyone experienced this?..Good thing I had exported it via CSV out.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    I'm on 2.0.1, so I don't know if this is a 2.1.0 bug also, but I had an all day event set for today (in the Palm Profile calendar) with no reminder and last night at midnight a reminder went off (and woke me up).
    In 1.4.5, all the facebook contacts that contained phone numbers (and every contact that had a phone number) would be listed in the phone application. This can be accessed by tapping the small contacts icon above the number 3 and to the right of the text 'Enter name or number...'. In 2.1.0, it seems there is an issue with listing all the contacts that contain phone numbers. It only lists about 10, from the letter 'A' to the letter 'B'.

Also, I linked a profile from facebook to an aim profile, and the phone glitched and now the facebook contact is gone completely. I removed my fb account and re added it and she's still gone. I'm ****ed because it had her phone number..

Running 2.1.0 on VZW Pre Plus.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    I remember Rod saying that the compcache settings were commented out in 2.1 so maybe I have just re-enabled them.
    Just the opposite. HP adopts WebOS Internals' homebrew compcache configuration in webOS 2.1 | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community
    So what are the most effective bugs that are on the pre- 2.1? because ive ben thinking about switching.

Is the calling alright?

Can you text correctly?

I dont really need flash but is the web running the same?

other important bugs please share...
    running it 2 days now

no signif issues

flash patch is easy

will be missing sprint icons

battery life seems BETTER
    Was your palm profile screwed up? were your pictures and videos ok?
    My profile was fine, so were pics and videos. However you MUST be prepared in the case of complete data loss. So make sure you backup your pics/vids before attempting anything.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    I had to dump my palm profile data. Which wasn't a big deal to meal. I have all my stuff in Google's services, so just re-linked to Google after doctoring. My purchased apps and everything were fine.

The doctor won't have Sprint's apps on there (Navigation, SprintTV, Nascar, etc.) not a big deal to some. I needed Navigation, so I was able to get it back on with some trickery. Otherwise everything was fine. Just backup EVERYTHING and use the WebOS Internals Save/Restore to backup some app's data.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    can you elaborate on how you got sprint nav working?
    There's a bunch of little bugs, nothing game-stopping.
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    I've noticed a lot of annoying bugs personally and I'm switching back to 1.4.5 today:

-Screen doesn't wake up when I press the power button. Takes a few pushes to get it to come on.

-Just type doesn't work all the time. Can't select an option from the search results. (ex. I typed in a search and wanted to select a bookmark and it wouldn't let me do anything)

-I've gotten a lot of the dreaded "Too Many Cards" errors without having any cards open. (This is a deal breaker)

-Battery life seems to suck down a lot more. Some people say it's better but I'm not seeing any gains personally.

-Lag, lag, lag. Without the over clock kernal it is extremely frustrating to use. When you want to quickly make a memo it takes twice as long as it would on an overclocked 1.4.5

-Voice dial comes on randomly it seems. Best to turn it off completely.

-On multiple occasions I haven't been able to select the preferences drop down menu for a lot of apps. I click on it and it does nothing.

Conclusion:

-The cons definitely outweigh the pros. If the bugs were fixed and the overclock kernal was out then it might be a different story. Personally, I'm going back.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danstah View Post
    can you elaborate on how you got sprint nav working?
    The easiest way is to install using the .ipk's from the leaked beta doctors a month or so ago.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wmurch3 View Post
    -On multiple occasions I haven't been able to select the preferences drop down menu for a lot of apps. I click on it and it does nothing.
    That's about all that has happened to me. Also, you can install Govnah and up the CPU frequency to 600MHz instead of the standard 500MHz. It's not the same as the overclocking, but it helps a little bit.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast