Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    - Google Calendar does not sync - no entries in calendar at all ??!?!
    I had this problem too. Solution was: use @gmail.com instead of @googlemail.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    For those incoming calls / contact- try this.

Under system page - regional settings.
    - Format- change it to your country
    - Phone number - change it to your country code. (this is something new here). Seems Webos - reformats numbers and adds the country code infront (but this does not overwrite your original contact (say in your gmail or yahoo or simcard)
    I just checked that and that was all set as suggested. It appears to only be an issue with mobile numbers, incoming landline is recognised OK. I'm in Australia, so that may not be the same for other regions.

Update: Changed a contact mobile number to full international number (+614...) and the contact information works again! Unless someone can come up with a patch, I may have to re-enter all my Aussie mobile contact numbers. Auch
    Last edited by jvdbosc; 02/25/2011 at 06:51 AM.
    Psion 5; 5MX; Tungsten T3; Pre (O2 DE); Pre Plus (Voda DE)
    Noticed today that accepting an appointment (exchange server) no longer syncs with the account, and the appointment confimation is not received by the organiser. This all worked in 1.4.5, and the phone behaves as if it works, but double checking confirms that neither my calender entry has changed to Accepted, nor did the organiser receive the acceptance email.
    Psion 5; 5MX; Tungsten T3; Pre (O2 DE); Pre Plus (Voda DE)
    German O2 Pre-
    i only have the voicedialing bug, that systemsounds wont work anymore. Thanks for pointing that out! Oh, and the missing background bug at the pin card too

i dont have the calendar bug and contact information displays fine when i get a call. (google sync)
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 02/25/2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by areal View Post
    Same here. Incoming calls and aren't matched with names in my contacts. Causes issues with SMSs too (messages sent and received are showing up as separate conversations). Reminds me of the early iPhone days.
    in regional settings set "Phone Numbers" to match your country, if your country not found then set to "Other" ... it seems works now
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    what patches are you running. I had this and removing some top bar pathes solved it. Not sure which one, but probably one of the mixes.
    Curse you, Cantaffordit! That Spinning Beachball of Death in your sig line gets me everytime!
    I am getting a too many cards warning (not an error yet), with no cards open after rebooting the phone. It has slowed down so much, the phone is just about useless. It's an old O2 pre.
    Is the "Update PRL" and "Update Network Settings" bug still an issue? I didn't see it listed anywhere.
  9. SashoDikov
    Heh, unlike 96% of people i got my bookmarks not only working but restored from my 1.4.5 profile when i logged with it in 2.1.0

There is a nasty bug however that brings a message after every SMS i send saying my phone network is unreachable, please enable wireless (?!?) one. It still sends the message though and disappeared when i let it to choose carriers automatically. I just guess i would need to be more careful around the national border ...

The name display bug is 50/50 for me - it displayed some of my numbers, and diddn't others and i don;t get that many calls to fully test it. It looks like it is slowly modifying my numbers to international format (which i like) by itself, but if not i will edit them in a .csv in 5 minutes so i don't really care.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkos_pre View Post
    I am getting a too many cards warning (not an error yet), with no cards open after rebooting the phone. It has slowed down so much, the phone is just about useless. It's an old O2 pre.

Come on!!!.. HP did say experience was not good for the Pre - ..
    wait for the uberkernel then u do the 2.1.0

I'm ok with the performance in pre plus..
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    UK Palm Pre Plus running official German 2.1.0

- Wifi top bar bug !
    - Cannot start software manager to uninstall any app - unless connected to internet (Annoyance rather than bug?) - Workaround is context click - had forgotten about that !!
    - SMTP Outgoings mails dont send - IMAP server, cannot handle SSL/encryption, webos complains that server does not support encryption (1.4.5 did & desktop also ?!)
    - Google Calendar does not sync - no entries in calendar at all ??!?! -
    Did a few manual sign-in/outs and it started working
    New One :
    In exhibition mode, the date format shown in the top is wrong - It should be dd/mm/yyyy (UK) instead its mm/dd/yyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Is the PDF viewer fixed in 2.1? (PDF View has encountered an error... Render document failed). Perhaps someone could try to read the ...
    neither document loaded. Its improved in some way because I was able to load a pdf file that I was unable to load before.
  13. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    Come on!!!.. HP did say experience was not good for the Pre - ..
    wait for the uberkernel then u do the 2.1.0

I'm ok with the performance in pre plus..
    It's actually possible to use Govnah on the Pre/Pre Plus 2.1 Kernel to increase the memory used for comcache which seems to make my phone run pretty much as it was on 1.4.5.

One weird bug I have experienced on 2.1 (Pre- from O2 Germany) was that Just Type suddenly changed color to be more grayish (sort of like there was a transparent gray overlay on top of it) and I couldn't tap on anything. Typing and hitting enter still worked. This was persistent on every Just Type until I did a reboot. Haven't seen it since. I've also had other situations where it wasn't possible to tap anything in a browser card or something else but the touchscreen still reacted to an up-swipe from gesture area. These have gotten fewer, though, maybe because I increased comcache memory.
    Seems like the autocorrect dictionary is really lacking. I like text assist in general but it will take a lot of tweaking before I am satisfied with its dictionary. For instance, 'walrus' and 'muse' weren't in there. Kind of unacceptable imo.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    FB doesn't sync for me. Tried deleting re-adding the account but still same,it won't sync contacts or calendars....
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    It's actually possible to use Govnah on the Pre/Pre Plus 2.1 Kernel to increase the memory used for comcache which seems to make my phone run pretty much as it was on 1.4.5.

One weird bug I have experienced on 2.1 (Pre- from O2 Germany) was that Just Type suddenly changed color to be more grayish (sort of like there was a transparent gray overlay on top of it) and I couldn't tap on anything. Typing and hitting enter still worked. This was persistent on every Just Type until I did a reboot. Haven't seen it since. I've also had other situations where it wasn't possible to tap anything in a browser card or something else but the touchscreen still reacted to an up-swipe from gesture area. These have gotten fewer, though, maybe because I increased comcache memory.
    govnah not letting me change compache settings here. It looks like there's a dropdown, but it won't let me "click" it.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by OrR View Post
    Interesting. I was wondering about the compcache implementation in 2.1, at least on the Pre-. When I first loaded it up, I get freezing/stalling that seemed like it might be caused by compcache access (running better now for some reason), but this is good to know. I always had at least 16M on overclocked 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Seems like the autocorrect dictionary is really lacking. I like text assist in general but it will take a lot of tweaking before I am satisfied with its dictionary. For instance, 'walrus' and 'muse' weren't in there. Kind of unacceptable imo.
    You know about touch-to-add, right? You can just touch the word, and suggestions come up, but also an add-to-dictionary option.
    Can someone explain why my 2.1 Pre- randomly wakes up? I have show notifications while locked set to no, and as far as I know I have no other wake device stuff on. It's not a huge deal, but mildly annoying and a waste of battery.

speaking of battery, battery life seems much better on 2.1 so far, though I don't know how much to credit the lower clock speed, since i haven't run a 500 MHz Pre in quite a while.
    SMS doesn't thread as smoothly. It still shows the contact in the conversation but treats them each as a new text because my contact number + incoming text number are differently formatted.

i.e. My contacts show 1 (555) 555-5555 while the incoming text is +1 555 555 5555. Still show up in the same conversation.
    Treo 680 -> Palm Pre Plus
    WebOS is next to godliness
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast